Lehmann black cube Linear
Feb 10, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #46 of 95

Quote:
What annoyed me most was that I found that I inadvertedly kept turning the volume up, but that didn't help any. I even checked the back to see if there was maybe a gain switch..... And I don't usually play my music loud.

Aha! The gain switch is on the bottom. It really sounds like that was the problem.

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #47 of 95
I found that the 10dB setting really opened up. Initially I had the same problem with this amp as Kees. Switching to the 18dB setting really seemed to help. But after over a hundred hours of use I switched back to the 10dB setting, turned the volume knob to around the 11:30 position, and what I heard was nothing short of astounding. What an amp, and what amazing headphones!

Sep 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #48 of 95
What dac suggestions is there for the bcl + hd650? Price range of up to €300.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #49 of 95
I have the Linear. Is the Linear SE an upgrade, i.e better sound, or is it the same thing in a nicer box?

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #51 of 95
Oct 7, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #53 of 95
Quote:
It has a built in DAC.

Quote:
Yes for use with usb.
I want to connect my squeezebox with a optical cable.

Only the BCL USB version has a built in DAC. The standard BCL or BCL SE doesn't.

I'm currently using an Audiolab M-DAC but previously used an Arcam rDAC. The M-DAC is a 'cleverer' unit ith more features and a more detailed/revealing sound. The rDAC is slightly warmer and a tad more musical but is limited with options/inputs. The M-DAC is very tweakable and looks better on the desk IMO.

The M-DAC also has a half-decent headphone output so you could use this whilst replenishing your bag of money for the BCL :)

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #55 of 95
What kind of power cord does Lehmann use for the BCL. Is it a generic run of the mill IEC cord or does it have some Lehmann branding? I am in UK so just wondering.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #57 of 95
Quote:
The BCL IMO is the most underrated amp.
The 650 combo I heard at my uncle's house blew my mind at the capabilities of the 650 with the BCL I really can't digest the 650's sound with the STX.

I the UK Lehmann is highly rated. But I find its performance with HD800 to be only satisfactory and nothing special. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back