Lehmann black cube Linear
Mar 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #76 of 95

Mine's left on 24/7 and sounds great all the time
smily_headphones1.gif

Soundwise this is certainly good. Carbondioxide is another story.

What would be the carbon footprint for a Lehmann BCL left on 24/7?

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #77 of 95
Sevenoaks Sound and Vision in Holborn, London, have got the Linear and the Linear SE in at my request. I am going to audition them on Monday 7/4 at 3.00 p.m. I note this for the convenience of UK dwellers who might be finding it difficult to track the units down. Both units are new and will have some brief 'burning-in' before I get there. «{°!°}»

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #79 of 95
I bought one of these recently and I am very impressed with it through AKG K550. Can't seem to find much on the forum regarding its use with Audeze LCD2. Does anyone have experience with BCL and these cans?

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #82 of 95
  Sevenoaks Sound and Vision in Holborn, London, have got the Linear and the Linear SE in at my request. I am going to audition them on Monday 7/4 at 3.00 p.m. I note this for the convenience of UK dwellers who might be finding it difficult to track the units down. Both units are new and will have some brief 'burning-in' before I get there. «{°!°}»

How did you get on?

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #83 of 95
  How did you get on?

It was interesting. Very burned-in Lovely Cube versus new Linear and Linear SE driving the shop demo HD800. The Linear was cool and stiff-sounding, clean; but well behind the Chinese clone. The Linear SE sounded like the Lovely Cube, but better in every parameter; and in some ways unique. Transients were impeccable. timbre fantastic. I bought the Linear SE. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #84 of 95
  It was interesting. Very burned-in Lovely Cube versus new Linear and Linear SE driving the shop demo HD800. The Linear was cool and stiff-sounding, clean; but well behind the Chinese clone. The Linear SE sounded like the Lovely Cube, but better in every parameter; and in some ways unique. Transients were impeccable. timbre fantastic. I bought the Linear SE. 

The Lovely Cube was yours? I was always under the impression that the LC was a slightly poor imitator of the Lehmann. Is this not the case (in your opinion)? Or had the Lehmann perhaps not reached it's proper potential as it was newish?

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #85 of 95
  Doh!  How the hell did I miss these?  Must be working too hard....Thanks for the heads up.

If you still wonders, I am using a clone with my LCD-3. Sounds really good :) Shouldn't be that big of a difference!

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #86 of 95
  The Lovely Cube was yours? I was always under the impression that the LC was a slightly poor imitator of the Lehmann. Is this not the case (in your opinion)? Or had the Lehmann perhaps not reached it's proper potential as it was newish?

Yes. I assumed that I was not hearing the Linear at its best. However, I had found the Lovely Cube to be darned good. I preferred it to my Lyr with my HD800s, which, in the twisted logic of the world of head-fi, led me to want to hear the real thing. The Linear SE performed as well as I had hoped, the slight (and costly) technical modifications bringing great benefits in sheer musicality to these ears (timbre, and the rendition of transients, dynamics and attack). The Linear was lacklustre on the day and came in an honourable third. I would have liked to hear it after a couple of hundred hours of burn-in. Am very strongly struggling against the temptation to buy one as well out of sheer curiosity... You Know How It Goes. Crazy. 

I am looking for a new turntable/arm/cartridge at the mo, and the Black Cube phono stage is definitely on the list...

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #88 of 95
Thanks for the input. The reason I ask is because I have a pair of LCD 2 arriving next week from another headfier. Looking forward to it!
Nice! Good luck with them :)

May 15, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #89 of 95
I'm a new owner of Lehmann BCL and a something peculiar with this amp. When I configure the gain switch to very loud +20 DB, and when I turned the volume knob to 12 o'clock with HD800 hooked up. I hear a hissing noise. Is this a norm? Anyone?

May 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #90 of 95
Don't have that issue, although I'm using the Linear SE. E-mail Norbert Lehmann?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back