Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Apr 3, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #856 of 1,075

Quote:
Just bought it, waiting for the shipping notice, they do come with a cable which connect to my iphone right?

No. If you are talking about a line out dock you have to buy that separately. Amazon should have them for sale at a reasonable price. Look into the Fiio line out docks.

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #858 of 1,075

Quote:
I see, thanks for the reply, a Fiio L3 should work?

Yeah that should work. But depending on how you will have the phone/ipod positioned you may want to consider the Fiio L9 as its design will help to alleviate stress on the cable and extend longevity.

Apr 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #860 of 1,075
finally delivered!!

been listening to it with my ipod, mostly comparing the crossfeed on/off.  so far i like it, tho with ER4s im finding the treble detail a bit much, but it may be that FiiO E5 w/bassboost was just obscuring everything.

i cant seem to make it work in USB DAC mode ...
confused_face(1).gif

is it because it's still charging?  i must be missing something.  this is my first DAC ever so im not exacly sure how to install
it IS working!  seems to be a problem with foobar2k because youtube works fine [and sounds quite incredible now]

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #865 of 1,075

Quote:
If i might jump in, how does this compare to the various iBasso portables in the price range? ie D2+ boa, T3, T5, D-zero?

Although I haven't heard the above I can say the UHA-4 is in competition with the head stage arrow, Pico slim and TTVJ Slim. You get a lot of value for your money with the UHA4.

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #866 of 1,075
If i might jump in, how does this compare to the various iBasso portables in the price range? ie D2+ boa, T3, T5, D-zero?

I should be receiving mine today (if not, tomorrow) and I will be able to get an earl impression against T3D, T5 and D-zero, plus a few others like E17, C421, etc.

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #868 of 1,075
Missed the delivery, I went to get it today from the post office. Listening to my aud 5x thru the UHA4 as I am typing this, I can't tell a difference in sound quality between this and straight from my iphone, only thing I could sense right now is a little tiny bit fuller, more impactful bass, and also played around with the cross feed, when cross feed is on, sound esp. vocal is no longer right in the face and is projected with a further distance, it kinda fades in the background and blends with the rest of the instruments, it makes the sound a bit more natural in my opinion, other than that, not hearing any technical improvement when driving my iems, but will keep listenning.......

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #869 of 1,075
Missed the delivery, I went to get it today from the post office. Listening to my aud 5x thru the UHA4 as I am typing this, I can't tell a difference in sound quality between this and straight from my iphone, only thing I could sense right now is a little tiny bit fuller, more impactful bass, and also played around with the cross feed, when cross feed is on, sound esp. vocal is no longer right in the face and is projected with a further distance, it kinda fades in the background and blends with the rest of the instruments, it makes the sound a bit more natural in my opinion, other than that, not hearing any technical improvement when driving my iems, but will keep listenning.......

You are describing the technical improvement yet you say you are not hearing any technical improvement.

If you think connecting amp/DAC to a source automatically send you to audio hearven and makes your current setup golden, then there is just too much wishful thinking. Improvement often comes in the form of refinement rather than revolution.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #870 of 1,075

Quote:
You are describing the technical improvement yet you say you are not hearing any technical improvement.
If you think connecting amp/DAC to a source automatically send you to audio hearven and makes your current setup golden, then there is just too much wishful thinking. Improvement often comes in the form of refinement rather than revolution.

Plus an amp or DAC cannot transcend the capability of the transducer in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back