Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Apr 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #121 of 1,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroseperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Slim form isn't a requirement as I'd be hooking it up to the iRiver, which is a tank. I may take a look at the UHA 6S.  I was thinking about the Pico, which does have an optical line-in.

Thinking of a different amp perhaps? The pico doesn't have optical...

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #122 of 1,075

Quote:
Thinking of a different amp perhaps? The pico doesn't have optical...

Really? I thought it did, though where I got that idea . . . I think someone at the Bay Area meet suggested that it had an optical line in and I was going to try out his amp, but he didn't make it to the meet.

Oh, now I'm all confused.  Back to research.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #123 of 1,075
Received my UHA-4 yesterday and it is excellent. I'm using it with my sflo2 and sansa fuze. Definitely solves the treb roll of on the sflo2. On low gain I can't hear hissing at all. On high gain I can hear hissing but its low hiss and only noticeable when no music is playing. I actually prefer the high gain on my IE8/IE7's as the sound stage is bigger and it requires less volume to get to a comfortable level. Overall a wonderful little Amp/DAC and at about half the price of its competitor's (amazing). I'm surprised at how unknown this company is to headfi. They definitely make great audio equipment and deserve more attention. Just hope that don't drive the prices sky high lol. And as for size, this think is pretty small. Maybe a tad wider than the sflo2 but nothing major. I consider it portable ( close to the size of the fuze).

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #124 of 1,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif.

I'm surprised at how unknown this company is to headfi. They definitely make great audio equipment and deserve more attention. Just hope that don't drive the prices sky high lol. And as for size, this think is pretty small. Maybe a tad wider than the sflo2 but nothing major. I consider it portable ( close to the size of the fuze).

Wait - WHA ??? Unknown ? Is this the same Leckerton Audio that currently has the two biggest FOTMs on this forum ? If you had said 'Just Audio', I might have gone along with it, but Leckerton .....

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #125 of 1,075
Two? the UHA-4 has been getting some attention, but the 6 not so much.

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #126 of 1,075
Sorry didn't know that. It seems its not to  well known from reading the forums compared to the other high end portable amps. In that regard I think I'm right. There's a lot more information on the arrow and pico slim in comparison. And I'm not saying this to insult the product. I think its underrated.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #127 of 1,075
i was just on the leckerton site, the price has been increased to 179

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #128 of 1,075
Damn.  Kind of sucks that they raised the prices (already).  I mean a price increase was probably inevitable, but I guess the FOTM effect has hit in full effect.

Eh, I was seriously thinking of ordering one over the weekend and it's only $10 bucks, but still... for some reason my itchy trigger finger isn't so itchy any more.  In other news, my wallet is happier though, lol. :D

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #130 of 1,075
Wow he just raised the price on the amp. I ordered mine last  Friday and had it delivered by Wednesday. I paid $169.00. Surprised he raised the price but it was bound to happen. This happens to most products when there is demand. The alo rx and arrow use to be cheaper themselves. I still think its worth $179.00 Just glad I saved $10.00 :wink:.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #131 of 1,075
Instead of raising the price, they should have noticed the increased popularity and offered a discount or group buy opportunity for head-fiers.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #132 of 1,075
All Leckerton prices have gone up not just the 4 by $10 but also the 6 and 6S by $20.  There is no way anyone would or should like a price increase but $10 is not too bad especially when some amps have gone up by $40 (see Arrow 12HE).  Still a price hike is nothing to rejoice over...  Now, if the $10 was for a newer somehow upgraded version (not that it needs an upgrade but maybe 24/96 capability or extra or moved input on the bottom or placement of the volume rocker at the bottom, etc.) that might have made it easier to digest...

As for sharing impressions, it might be helpful to list sources and headphones used as a few have already done.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #133 of 1,075
Woah, he raised the price JUST after I bought mine, not even a few hours, that was close!

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #134 of 1,075

Quote:
Quote:

Wait - WHA ??? Unknown ? Is this the same Leckerton Audio that currently has the two biggest FOTMs on this forum ? If you had said 'Just Audio', I might have gone along with it, but Leckerton .....

What is the other FOTM? Unless I'm mistaken there are only 3 portable amps with the 6 having an option for spdif making it the 6S.

Although I did lose out on $10 by waiting if I ever decide to buy this amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back