Leaving portable hifi - it's too silly
May 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #421 of 937
I cannot agree with the OP.
My Westone 3 does sound so much better using the P-51 with my iPhone 3G than just using the headphone out that I am not willing to hear portable music ever again without an amp.
For me this is worth carrying this tiny amp and a LOD with me.

The sound is much wider, airier, has more bass, more highs and more soundstage.
In direct comparisation the headphone out sounds just narrow and muddy.

Jochen

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #422 of 937
Quote:

Originally Posted by jochen.schell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not willing to hear portable music ever again without an amp.

Jochen

That's ridiculous

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #423 of 937
seriously.... you bumped this old dead thread to call somebody ridiculous?

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #425 of 937
I have reduced the size of my portable rigs.

Primary - I always carry iPhone 3G with Westone 3/Phonak Audeo headset, or ES3X and no amp.
Secondary - Nano 4G with jumbo cryo silver x dock and iBasso T4 (usually in a pocket and comes out when iPhone battery is low)
Not often - iMod with piccolino LOD and P-51 Mustang (used this exclusively at CanJam), usually in fanny pack in car.

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #426 of 937
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait until you read about the Beta22 in the builders thread being built for use with IEMs. :facepalm:

You haven't been around much lately on head-fi either, have you Luminette?

Nope, and lol@b22 for IEMs

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #427 of 937
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seriously.... you bumped this old dead thread to call somebody ridiculous?

Are you kidding me????????? This old totally ridiculous thread was drug up because someone's value system is different than yours! You came on & said your piece about why you were leaving , what, about 10years ago now(well it seems that long ago!). Guess what??? He's ba-aack! What happened you needed a venue to try to dominate people who did'nt see things the same way that you do? Let's forget about the whole subject matter of these forums for a second. After we mature & become adults we should develop the ability to state our points of view in most complete manner that we can & then (pay attention now this is important!) learn to accept the fact that others have the right to not agree or see things the same way! It's called being (here's the important term) o b j e c t i v e! When you respond to someone by resorting to calling them a name,(here's a test question) your not being" ". Hopefully you were able to fill in the blanks,but I'm not really that confident you could! Here's hoping in the future you can find a more satisfying way to spend your(by the looks of your response you have a lot of) time!

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #428 of 937
Thanks for taking the time to write this. i completely agree with everything you said. i think i need a full sized headphone and a nice desktop amp now
smily_headphones1.gif

its funny how i found this thread, because seriously 2 minutes ago i was looking at the iQube website. how silly...

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #429 of 937
I left a bit too soon as I have a few more comments that came to me after I closed my last response. This is being directed toward everyone. To assume that someone finds value in something that you don't needs to be shown they are just ridculous is actually the height of ridiculousness,because you've assumed the attitude that there is no possibility the other persons perceptions can be valid,why? just because you don't see it that way! Come on guys grow up a little. Are we a little bitter because we got picked on as kids? "Well, I'm right, look at all these dopes convinced that " " is worthwhile" to them it is. Have any of you heard the phrase "Perfect people don't exist, only perfect a**h***s". Think about that one for a second. In fact some of you take all the time you need(& that might not even be enough time for some of you,unfortunately for the rest of us) Oh yeah, have a nice day!.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #430 of 937
The comment was crude and improper to some, but no one was actually called ridiculous in the comment. He said "that's ridiculous" in reference to a specific part of his opinion and not the user he quoted. He could have explained himself better there, sure, but no name calling actually happened.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #432 of 937
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The comment was crude and improper to some, but no one was actually called ridiculous in the comment. He said "that's ridiculous" in reference to a specific part of his opinion and not the user he quoted. He could have explained himself better there, sure, but no name calling actually happened.

Give me a break! You mean to tell me that the majority of posters here have'nt come across this saying numerous times! Who besides older people are really that offended. Lets have a poll of those of you with at least a basic intellect & are actually adults needs to hear if someone finds this or that "ridiculous". If something is, it's obvious! I guess some people need confirmation from others! I think this is what is referred to as herd mentality. We all know what happened to the giant herds of bison that once roamed this country(I know I'm being "ridiculous", that's okay I'm sure someone will point this out to me in a future posting! I have a slow learning curve )

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #433 of 937
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podtweaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you kidding me????????? This old totally ridiculous thread was drug up because someone's value system is different than yours! You came on & said your piece about why you were leaving , what, about 10years ago now(well it seems that long ago!). Guess what??? He's ba-aack! What happened you needed a venue to try to dominate people who did'nt see things the same way that you do? Let's forget about the whole subject matter of these forums for a second. After we mature & become adults we should develop the ability to state our points of view in most complete manner that we can & then (pay attention now this is important!) learn to accept the fact that others have the right to not agree or see things the same way! It's called being (here's the important term) o b j e c t i v e! When you respond to someone by resorting to calling them a name,(here's a test question) your not being" ". Hopefully you were able to fill in the blanks,but I'm not really that confident you could! Here's hoping in the future you can find a more satisfying way to spend your(by the looks of your response you have a lot of) time!

Quote:

I left a bit too soon as I have a few more comments that came to me after I closed my last response. This is being directed toward everyone. To assume that someone finds value in something that you don't needs to be shown they are just ridculous is actually the height of ridiculousness,because you've assumed the attitude that there is no possibility the other persons perceptions can be valid,why? just because you don't see it that way! Come on guys grow up a little. Are we a little bitter because we got picked on as kids? "Well, I'm right, look at all these dopes convinced that " " is worthwhile" to them it is. Have any of you heard the phrase "Perfect people don't exist, only perfect a**h***s". Think about that one for a second. In fact some of you take all the time you need(& that might not even be enough time for some of you,unfortunately for the rest of us) Oh yeah, have a nice day!.

Quote:

Give me a break! You mean to tell me that the majority of posters here have'nt come across this saying numerous times! Who besides older people are really that offended. Lets have a poll of those of you with at least a basic intellect & are actually adults needs to hear if someone finds this or that "ridiculous". If something is, it's obvious! I guess some people need confirmation from others! I think this is what is referred to as herd mentality. We all know what happened to the giant herds of bison that once roamed this country(I know I'm being "ridiculous", that's okay I'm sure someone will point this out to me in a future posting! I have a slow learning curve )

I have absolutely no clue what or who you're railing against. Nor will I ever until you learn a very basic technique.

There.

And again. Try it sometime. Until then, your wall of text will remain just that, a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back