Least sibilant heaphone in the low-to-high mid-range?
Aug 25, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Thanks to all who answered in here. Though really, the Shures? Especially on the 940 people discussed how to get the sibilance down.
I'm not wanting "pretty fatigue free" headphones, I want zero. Nada. My stereo also has none, I will listen until I get tired/sick of hearing music, not of the system I hear. So I want headphones that behave the same, but I don't have 1k to blow on the LCD-2
frown.gif

ttol, thanks for the Hifiman suggestions, sounds great. I mean, in text. Especially since they are reportedly easy to drive, could be my portable *never without a backpack man*
wink.gif

Heya,

I'm positive about the SRH940's. Who and where did people talk about getting the sibilance down? They're bright and forward with mids/highs, but they do that without sibilance. Try the pairing of SRH940 with a Digizoid ZO if you're daring. Otherwise, maybe you just need a really veiled, laid back headphone, like a Sennheiser.

Very best,

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #17 of 18
Hmm, might give them a shot. Or rather the 840s? They supposedly sounds like the 940 with a bit less detail and a shift towards the mid-lows vs the more treble-forward 940s. Just from what I read.

Maybe I'll try and get both HE-300 and SRH-940 and see what stays around :)

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Thanks to all who answered in here. Though really, the Shures? Especially on the 940 people discussed how to get the sibilance down.
I'm not wanting "pretty fatigue free" headphones, I want zero. Nada. My stereo also has none, I will listen until I get tired/sick of hearing music, not of the system I hear. So I want headphones that behave the same, but I don't have 1k to blow on the LCD-2
frown.gif

ttol, thanks for the Hifiman suggestions, sounds great. I mean, in text. Especially since they are reportedly easy to drive, could be my portable *never without a backpack man*
wink.gif

What's your budget? Stax O2 is the best I've heard. It sounds similar to the LCD2 but with more treble, separation, soundstage, and resolution. It is even less fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back