LEAK: SHURE SRH240, SRH440, and SRH840 headphones (and pricing) likely to be announced tomorrow! (And mini-review of SRH840.)
Apr 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #91 of 431
hey MJAY1977, yea the Bose in-store setups are always at places like target/best buy and what not. They must be able to do that because their prices are so high. But the Apple store usually keeps plugged into iPods a bunch of headphones like Bose/"Beats by Dr Dre"/whatever else and as you said i guess its up to them if they put out Shure headphones to try, as i know they sell the earphones on the rack by the customer service place. If only north florida had a decent audio place where i could test stuff out !
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

by the way...thanks for the recognition ! I tried to convince Sugarfried in my thread to, you know...donate a pair to me...LOL

Still interested in how they sound for rock/metal/hardcore. I heard Mastodon recorded "Crack the Skye" with shure mic's and that was a pretty good album.

Any idea what (when?) retail stores/online merchants will be offering these up ?

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #92 of 431
I am fairly sure (pun intended) that I will be buying a set of the low end models when comparisons come out. If there are beta testing opportunities left I would love to partake.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #93 of 431
I love my Q40! I thought of that as competition as soon as i saw the Shures!
For $200, im in. I might buy another pair for portable if i can get velour pads for them, because leather or pleather would be too hot and sweaty for walk-about during the summer.
I agree the lower model looks like Dr Dre Beats, but theyre much cheaper and no noise-cancelling. The beats are way over-priced, and not made by a Pro Company like Shure.

Ive used Shure Mics for Ham Radio (444, 526T,etc) and Music (SM58,SM48,55sw etc) for years and always loved their products.

Marketing sceme or not, im happy this thread was posted because it sounds like these will be a great buy!!!

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #94 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjay1977 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...' This is because they were developed with the pro user in mind. However, knowing that at these prices consumer use is somewhat inevitable (and encourouraged) for the 440 and 840 we should consider shorter, straight "consumer use case" cables for those users that want to use these models on the go. '...

I would like to have longer straight cable option for my 'home' setup (sometimes even 3m long cable is little short for my listening 'conditions') and i do'nt want to use optional 'third party' long headphone cable as i need sometimes to do with my Shure PTH 530

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #95 of 431
mjay1977 - Considering that the SRH840 comes with a detachable cable, and that you guys are into the Microphone business (long time user of a SM58 here
biggrin.gif
), will Shure eventually come up with a cable with built-in mic for a PC/iTouch/iPhone (hey, even a small remote would be cool) application?

Just think about all the gamers you could gather.... and skypers :p

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #96 of 431
Does anyone know if any of these 3 should work ok paired with a 5g ipod video without an amplifier? I am interested in possibly picking up either the 440's or the 840's when they are available. I have been thinking about getting another set of closed phones in the next few months and have been looking at the Dennon D1001 but I am interested in these if they will sound ok without an amp.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #97 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek800 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if any of these 3 should work ok paired with a 5g ipod video without an amplifier? I am interested in possibly picking up either the 440's or the 840's when they are available. I have been thinking about getting another set of closed phones in the next few months and have been looking at the Dennon D1001 but I am interested in these if they will sound ok without an amp.

All three are fairly low impedance and have somewhat high (100+) sensitivity. I'm confident they'll do just fine without an amp. I'm not sure how loud they'll get though as I don't know how loud the IPOD can go.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #98 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the srh240 look like mini dr. dre beats.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ahaha, I thought it was just me but from the side, they do indeed look like Monster's Beats By Dre.

I'm looking to get these.

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #99 of 431
Definitely interested in the SRH840. Though Cable & Pad options would seal the deal IMO.

Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #101 of 431
I thought you said they were going to announce the release? I'm guessing that does not mean release date. You've got my hopes up so high right now. Do they really sound that good? I own a pair of se530s; and I'm fond of them, but they can get uncomfortable after a while, and they are a pain in the ass to put on. I have to wrap the cables around my ears for them to stay in. I still like the feeling of an a nice comfortable headphone. This is the highlight of my day. This and when the new iPhone comes out are going to be all the excitement for me this year.

So I'm guessing... maybe I hold off on the hd650's??? How do you think they compare to the HD650's? I know it's Apples and Oranges; closed and open; but please, compare!!

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #102 of 431
For once I'm actually interested in a new Shure product. They are like SE530's but more extended in the highs? $199 Sign me up!

But of course, given how overpriced Shure products are in Canada, probably these will be like $350 MSRP
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #104 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mjay1977 - Considering that the SRH840 comes with a detachable cable, and that you guys are into the Microphone business (long time user of a SM58 here
biggrin.gif
), will Shure eventually come up with a cable with built-in mic for a PC/iTouch/iPhone (hey, even a small remote would be cool) application?

Just think about all the gamers you could gather.... and skypers :p

Thanks for your suggestion. As you can imagine, Shure earphones have been very successful in adding accessories in line with the cable due to the cable assembly's modularity at the y-junction (i.e. Shure PTH and Shure MPA). Expect similar attempts at offering added value via the modular cable from Shure when it comes to Headphones as well.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #105 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by holyharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mustang P-51 plus SRH840? I'm drooling at the prospect! The Euro price is too high though, I'll pick em up next time I cross the pond.

How is the Euro price to high!

iheadphones here in the UK are selling the SRH840 at £149.99 which equates to $218.00.

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headpho...ure+SRH840.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back