LEAK: SHURE SRH240, SRH440, and SRH840 headphones (and pricing) likely to be announced tomorrow! (And mini-review of SRH840.)
Apr 23, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #106 of 431
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM, info@iheadphones.co.uk <info@iheadphones.co.uk> wrote:
Thank you for your interest in Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones

Below is the answer to your question submited on 04/23/2009

QUESTION:
Product Enquiry from 'thesquid2d@gmail.com' for Shure SRH840 Reference Studio Headphones - Hi, do you guys know when you will be getting these or any of the other new Shure headphones in stock?

ANSWER:
We've just spoken to Shure and they have said not to expect them until at least July

Please feel free to get back to us for any further assistance.

Best regards,

iheadphones
Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones

PO BOX 9657, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 9HA

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #107 of 431
I would like to know how the SRH 840 compare to the Grado 325.

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #108 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackTaxi2d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM, info@iheadphones.co.uk <info@iheadphones.co.uk> wrote:
Thank you for your interest in Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones

Below is the answer to your question submited on 04/23/2009

QUESTION:
Product Enquiry from 'thesquid2d@gmail.com' for Shure SRH840 Reference Studio Headphones - Hi, do you guys know when you will be getting these or any of the other new Shure headphones in stock?

ANSWER:
We've just spoken to Shure and they have said not to expect them until at least July

Please feel free to get back to us for any further assistance.

Best regards,

iheadphones
Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones

PO BOX 9657, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 9HA

That blows. I want them now! Maybe the U.S. will get them a bit sooner
L3000.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #109 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to know how the SRH 840 compare to the Grado 325.

I would like to know how the srh 840 compares to the denon 2000. I think we all have some "would likes". should go without saying.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #110 of 431
I am just about to pull the trigger on Audio Technica ATH-M50. Now, like many other head-fiers, I would wait to hear the feedback on the Shure SRH840. The specs are so similar, you would think they focus-grouped the same group of musicians, DJs, engineers and head-fiers.

One question is, do these cans have the reversable ear-cups that grace many DJ headphones? DJs use them for one-ear monitoring. I intend to use them for too-lazy-to put-them-on or don't-want-to-mess-up-my-hair listening. Who knows, maybe I can even get into some clubs passing off as a DJ. At any rate, it's a nice feature that adds versitility.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #111 of 431
Is it definitive that Shure manufactures these full-sized headphones? I mean in every aspect including the headband, and especially the drivers. And I don't mean modding some drivers made by someone else. Meaning not like Grado, mean like how Sennheiser does make their own drivers. Or how Denon uses Fostex drivers? Yeah so does Shure manufacture their own headphone from start to finish or is there a middle man somewhere?

I'm asking just because I find how headphones are sometimes manufactured curious and misleading.

Am I the only that thinks they look like those Dr. Dre Beats?

Anyways, these look cool, if the reviews are good, I may have a go at these.

Thanks.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #113 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only that thinks they look like those Dr. Dre Beats?

Nope ! I think youre the 5th person that said that.
tongue_smile.gif
Though the beats are super comfy to me.

You do have a good point with the drivers thing, i hope one of the guys who works for Shure on here can answer that. Although, they never said on here what a release date is, and when i emailed that english site they said Shure told them July. And now its June 15th ! But they didnt tell us anything about a release date !
devil_face.gif

I think they might manufacture the entire thing because as the two beta testers said, they were testing them for such a long time, and theres still a ways to go. Maybe they're taking so long because its a brand new driver/design thats never been used before? No idea. Either way, I'm still on the edge of my seat waiting for these things. By the time they're released, Windows 7 will already be out !

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #114 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a preliminary delivery date of June 15 on my order.

If I may ask, where did you order them, and for which price?

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #115 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I may ask, where did you order them, and for which price?

I ordered them from Musikbörsen (MUSIKBÖRSEN), a largish Swedish company primarily aimed at musicians. I ordered it for SEK 2295 (~ €210) plus shipping ~ €10. As it's more or less custom to add a zero on the dollar price and with the weak SEK I think there isn't much money to gain by waiting for other channels to get them in stock.

They don't have any delivery info on their site but I got a mail after three days saying they didn't have it in stock but had ordered it, with a preliminary delivery date of 15 June. We'll see about the delivery date....

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #118 of 431
Quote:

Is it definitive that Shure manufactures these full-sized headphones?

Does it really matter? My guess is that every, and I do mean every, manufacturer purchases some part of their headphone from somebody else. It may simply be a screw, washer, or even cable, but probably every manufacturer does it.

And why not? If a company that specializes in something (like Fostex and drivers) can manufacturer a part faster, with better tolerances, to a higher quality, with better durability, for a cheaper price, why wouldn't companies take advantage of that by outsourcing their parts supply?

Most electronics products nowadays contain parts from many different manufacturers. It's just too expensive, and maybe even inefficient, for one company to invest in all the equipment and staff to produce every part of a product they sell.

As long as the Shures sound good, are built well, and last a long time, that's all that should matter.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #119 of 431
It would be lovely to have velour pads as an alternative but I wonder if it would tip up the bass a bit more than necessary.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #120 of 431
Quote:

Is it definitive that Shure manufactures these full-sized headphones?

Why does it matter? How does that affect the performance of the headphone?
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back