LCD2 lifespan ?
Jun 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #16 of 32

Quote:
My opinion is that Audeze must know what cans are in this bad batch and should simply recall them rather than waiting for them to fail.

Ya, I went to their website and they simply state that no correlation in between bad batch and serial number of the cans.
So I am not sure if they can recall.

I hope they can wave the shipping fee because it's quiet expensive to ship to Canada. :xf_eek:

Jun 5, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #18 of 32
getting a bit scared now, I'm ordering one from Todd (TTVJ), if I have problems, it has to go forth and back over the ocean

well, let's just hope for the best

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #20 of 32
Jun 7, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #21 of 32
Given the uniform reports of very accommodating customer service at Audez'e, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and accept their statement that there is no way to track which particular cans received the defective material. Plus, if they could track then doing a proactive recall would stop the bleeding and make good business sense.

Quote:
WarriorAnt, given the method of production it's apparently impossible for Audeze to know which drivers are going to fail, or rather whose drivers. They just have to wait for people to contact them.

For the OP, here's the link to start reading about LCD-2 problems. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453116/audeze-lcd-2-orthos/12375

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #22 of 32
There could be a good many of the affected LCD-2s that don't break, though.  Given the exceptional customer service they've provided to people who do have defective headphones, I don't think being a couple days without a set of cans is worse than the large financial hit Audez'e would take in recalling an entire serial range of headphones.  It also doesn't seem like their serial numbering list is chronological; in the serial number thread, people who ordered their LCD-2s roughly the same time I did mine have markedly different serials, which would mean Audez'e would likely have to contact the owners of the potentially affected headphones individually.

Quote:
My opinion is that Audeze must know what cans are in this bad batch and should simply recall them rather than waiting for them to fail.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
Given the uniform reports of very accommodating customer service at Audez'e,

I don't know, it's been 5 days since I emailed Audeze and no information about the replacement.

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #24 of 32
They sometimes miss a mail or two. I'd suggest you send one more if you don't get a reply within a week. That is a flaw with their customer service, which is otherwise great.
( My LCD2 has worked perfectly for many months, so it does indeed look like just a bad batch.)

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #25 of 32

Quote:
They sometimes miss a mail or two. I'd suggest you send one more if you don't get a reply within a week. 

Or, a phone call... like right now. I'm just sayin'. 
wink.gif

Sometimes emails get overlooked even by the best of us. If anybody out there has a story of Audez'e actually ignoring their c/s inquiries I certainly want to know about it; that would be troubling indeed, but I have yet to hear of anything approaching that kind of non-service. 

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #26 of 32

Quote:
wink.gif

Sometimes emails get overlooked even by the best of us. If anybody out there has a story of Audez'e actually ignoring their c/s inquiries I certainly want to know about it; that would be troubling indeed, but I have yet to hear of anything approaching that kind of non-service. 

I know and heard lot of good reviews about Audeze customer service and this was one of many motivations for me to purchase lcd2 than Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic.  We will see, I will update you guys once I hear good new from them. :wink:

I hope they resolve my problem as well as others soon.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #27 of 32

Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif

I know and heard lot of good reviews about Audeze customer service and this was one of many motivations for me to purchase lcd2 than Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic.  We will see, I will update you guys once I hear good new from them. :wink:

I hope they resolve my problem as well as others soon.

Quote:

I don't know, it's been 5 days since I emailed Audeze and no information about the replacement.

Email them again.  

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #28 of 32
Just to update you guys, I've got an email last night from Alex at Audeze and he was very kind to send me a brand new replacement once I send back the defected lcd2.

This is actually better customer service experience than most of bigger companies where you have to wait for them to go several phases of questioning and phone back and forth for few weeks.

So if you are in the same situation don't worry, Audeze will take care of you.

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #30 of 32
Haha, I am not a Canucks fan but Habs :wink: But I cheer for Vancouver.

I don't know dude, I really wanted Canucks to win cause I bet on it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back