LCD2 lifespan ?
Jun 5, 2011 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Canadian411

Headphoneus Supremus

I had lcd2 for about less than a month now and my left cup broke. :frowning2:

I don't use this headphone everyday, maybe 1 or 2 hours every other day with medium volume with RSA SR71b balanced cable.

Right side of the can is perfectly fine but just weird that one side break this easily.

My questions are to people who own lcd2,

1. How long did you use before it breaks ? or maybe I have one of unlucky defected one ?

2. How is the Audeze after service/waranty ?

I emailed them and hopefully get an answer soon, will post back.

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 32
Did the driver stop working or did the left earpiece physically break? Either way, the warranty should cover it, best of luck!

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 32

Quote:
What do you mean by an adaptor please? are you talking about a cable that goes from 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch mini jack if so why would that break the driver?

The OP said that he was using a RSA SR71b balanced cable, So either he is using an adapter from 4pin balanced or 2x3pin balanced to the RSA connector or he had the headphone recabled or reterminated.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 32

Quote:
Did the driver stop working or did the left earpiece physically break? Either way, the warranty should cover it, best of luck!

Ya it just stopped working all the sudden, no physical damage, I take care of this headphone. :frowning2:

Good thing to hear there is a warranty, thanks !

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 32

Quote:
and if the driver stopped working, did you have them re-cabled? or are you using an adapter?

Ya, I am using ALO balanced headphone cable from LCD2 to balanced input to SR-71b.

Is there any significant harms when using the balanced connectors ?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #9 of 32
Hmmm, there really seems to be a lot of driver problems with the LCD-2 recently, must be a faulty batch. I've had no problem with mine at all, been using mine at least 2-3 hours everyday since I got them in October last year.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #10 of 32

Quote:
Hmmm, there really seems to be a lot of driver problems with the LCD-2 recently, must be a faulty batch. I've had no problem with mine at all, been using mine at least 2-3 hours everyday since I got them in October last year.

Really ? maybe mine was one from the bad batch set. :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #11 of 32
Have you read the LCD-2 thread?  This is all really well covered in the last 2 pages.  There were some problems with some LCD-2's, but Audeze is taking care of everyone.  Everyone who has ever reported a problem with their phones got it resolved quickly afaik. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #12 of 32

Quote:
Have you read the LCD-2 thread?  This is all really well covered in the last 2 pages.  There were some problems with some LCD-2's, but Audeze is taking care of everyone.  Everyone who has ever reported a problem with their phones got it resolved quickly afaik. 

Oh I guess I miss that 2 last pages of thousand from this site :)  Do you mind pointing to that if you still remember ?
I emailed Alex at Audeze, I know Audeze has one of fast and best customer care, I don't worry about that.

My main concern is if I am over using headphone or not suppose to use balanced cables for more than few hours a day... ?

I use Beyerdynamic DT990 every other day at least 1-2 hours and Sennheiser can for at least 5 hours every day since last year without no problems.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 32
balanced cables have nothing to do with it.  Just read the last few pages of the huge LCD-2 thread.  It's in the high-end forum.  Some others have had this problem.  Audeze has confirmed the problem on their blog on their website. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #14 of 32

Quote:
balanced cables have nothing to do with it.  Just read the last few pages of the huge LCD-2 thread.  It's in the high-end forum.  Some others have had this problem.  Audeze has confirmed the problem on their blog on their website. 

Thanks ! I just read their blog and very well explained.  Mine could be one of bad batch. ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back