LCD-X and XC Update
Nov 20, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #1,261 of 2,723
Well guys… recently tried out the sonarworks soundID preset for the LCD-X 2021 I’m really happy with it. I bring down 3.5khz 2.5db and boost 1.1khz and higher 1db. I’d highly recommend to anyone wanting to get the most out of their LCD-X and can’t see themselves fiddling with EQ for more than 5 minutes.

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #1,262 of 2,723
Well guys… recently tried out the sonarworks soundID preset for the LCD-X 2021 I’m really happy with it. I bring down 3.5khz 2.5db and boost 1.1khz and higher 1db. I’d highly recommend to anyone wanting to get the most out of their LCD-X and can’t see themselves fiddling with EQ for more than 5 minutes.
I also like wavelets for phones, if you use portable.

I could never get to work sonar works on my pc since it's windows 11, but I did get to work Peace and eq APO.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #1,265 of 2,723
I have just got my hands on a pair of LCD XC 2021 and wanted to see if anyone has tried different pads on them? and if so, any feedback?
With the pads being glued on, you probably won't find much talk about people pad swapping.

Also, having the 2021 LCDs, you're probably best off sticking with the stock, newer open cell pads (which reports online says really helps with the ~4kHz dip).

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,267 of 2,723
Fellas, all I can tell you is I still have the older XCs, and I have not heard anything better than when I use the Audeze Deckard Amp/Denafrips Ares II DAC. This is exquisite!
C1CA86E3-2634-440B-BEBA-3EBFB3FBDD04.jpeg

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #1,268 of 2,723
Fellas, all I can tell you is I still have the older XCs, and I have not heard anything better than when I use the Audeze Deckard Amp/Denafrips Ares II DAC. This is exquisite! C1CA86E3-2634-440B-BEBA-3EBFB3FBDD04.jpeg
While I do not own an XC, I do own an X of equal vintage…same headband…very comfortable. Great amp, wonderful DAC…are you a no EQ fellow? (I am.)

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,269 of 2,723
While I do not own an XC, I do own an X of equal vintage…same headband…very comfortable. Great amp, wonderful DAC…are you a no EQ fellow? (I am.)
For the most part, I don't use EQ. I do have an RME ADI-2 DAC, but I have never used the built in eq. I have played with the treble and bass nobs from time to time, but my preference is no eq.

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #1,270 of 2,723
tried them all and my vote goes for the LCD-X 2020 if you are after the Audeze house sound or an Audeze headphone. the 2021 is great but not an Audeze headphone. very close to the Arya which is much lighter. So, if you like the LCD-X 2021 more then better look at the Arya.
Very interesting analysis. I was considering adding the LCD X to my stable, but I already have an Arya.

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #1,271 of 2,723
That's the one I'm looking at (2021 creator package). I have read the focals dont hit the deep end as well as the audeze, but their bass punch is better. You guys are probably familiar with Joshua Valor on youtube, he reviewed these saying the bass gets louder as it gets lower, and that caught my attention, are the focals the same way? I believe the focals are more expensive, though.
I have the 2020 LCD XC and the Focal Clear MG. The Audeze does the bottom end better in my opinion. I also find the XC to be more refined. The Focal Clear has better fidelity possibly.

Nov 24, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #1,272 of 2,723
I have the 2020 LCD XC and the Focal Clear MG. The Audeze does the bottom end better in my opinion. I also find the XC to be more refined. The Focal Clear has better fidelity possibly.
pardon my ignorance Sir - maybe you can enlighten me as to what is the diffrence, or better your definition of "refined" vs "fidelity". Just curious ...

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #1,273 of 2,723
pardon my ignorance Sir - maybe you can enlighten me as to what is the diffrence, or better your definition of "refined" vs "fidelity". Just curious ...
When I say refined, I mean a more purified natural smoothness to the sound. Not as edgy during certain passages. By fidelity I mean faithfulness/accuracy in the way the recording engineers intended for the recording to sound after it was mixed and mastered.

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #1,274 of 2,723
When I say refined, I mean a more purified natural smoothness to the sound. Not as edgy during certain passages. By fidelity I mean faithfulness/accuracy in the way the recording engineers intended for the recording to sound after it was mixed and mastered.
Aha, I see ...

Nov 24, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #1,275 of 2,723
I mean this would make sense seeing as the lcd-x is not exactly a neutral can (despite being marketed as one) and the focals are all pretty neutral but could any of us truly know what the engineers intended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back