LCD-X and XC Update
Mar 4, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #2,386 of 2,741
Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #2,388 of 2,741
the HE1KV2

I was looking at HifiMan as a future purchase but the Arya seemed a bit too bright for me. I think the HE1KV2 look better. I will have to enjoy my LCDX and Meze 109pro until the end of the year and then go for those. oh how we suffer with our first world problems. I know for sure my next purchase will be a set of Planars, not dynamic driver, and open backed.

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #2,389 of 2,741
I was looking at HifiMan as a future purchase but the Arya seemed a bit too bright for me. I think the HE1KV2 look better. I will have to enjoy my LCDX and Meze 109pro until the end of the year*** and then go for those. oh how we suffer with our first world problems. I know for sure my next purchase will be a set of Planars, not dynamic driver, and open backed.
*** you can do better than that! 🤪😂. My LCD-X have been headphone stallions since 2016 ☑️
D5E8DFF4-0ADD-45C3-BB1C-2DE21AC196B5.jpeg

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #2,390 of 2,741
I was looking at HifiMan as a future purchase but the Arya seemed a bit too bright for me. I think the HE1KV2 look better. I will have to enjoy my LCDX and Meze 109pro until the end of the year and then go for those. oh how we suffer with our first world problems. I know for sure my next purchase will be a set of Planars, not dynamic driver, and open backed.
Comparatively against the LCDX 2021 the HE1000V2 are very bright so if you didn't like the Arya especially the Arya Stealth you probably won't like the HE1000V2 unless you are looking for a completely different sound signature from the LCDX. HE1000V2 needs the right source pairings to really shine. When I owned mine I didn't like them and actually prefered the Arya Stealth. I've since focused more energy into source gear so at some point I might look at buying an HE1000V2 or Arya Stealth again but would never sell my LCDX's. With the Magni Piety it's one of the best headphones I've ever heard for pure fun factor.

IMG_4803.jpg

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #2,391 of 2,741
Hey to all of you who are following or using my EQs!

I have a brand new revision to share and I was going to post it today, but on a whim I tried to import the txt file into my PEACE software only to notice that the import function rounds the gain values to 0.1 of a decimal and rounds out the decimal places of the frequencies out all together even though my EQs go to the 0.01 decimal place in the frequencies and gain values. My Q values go to the thousandth of a place at times.

I can't stress how important these refined decimal place values are. I will scrutinize sometimes for weeks over a thousandth of a place finding the best sounding settings.

I have written Peter, the creator of PEACE software about this and hopefully he will fix it soon.

In the meantime, if you have imported my EQs in the past, I would encourage you to revisit the txt files and note entries that include decimal places and enter those extended values correctly. It will reflect what I worked so hard to accomplish and it will improve the sound quality!

Thank all of you who are following and encouraging me to continue to refine EQs for the LCD-X and LCD-XC. I love doing it and I love sharing it to you who like and appreciate them! Your support means a lot!

Stay tuned for my latest to come soon!

Blessings,
-Jonne

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #2,392 of 2,741
Sorry about the extra post but if you are trying to input gain values to the hundredth of a place and it keeps to rounding to the tenth of a place, you need to change a setting in the Settings/Sizes and Amounts window.

Sizes and Amounts Settins.jpg

Make yours like mine in the red circle. Simple.

Blessings,
-J

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #2,393 of 2,741
Hey to all of you who are following or using my EQs!

I have a brand new revision to share and I was going to post it today, but on a whim I tried to import the txt file into my PEACE software only to notice that the import function rounds the gain values to 0.1 of a decimal and rounds out the decimal places of the frequencies out all together even though my EQs go to the 0.01 decimal place in the frequencies and gain values. My Q values go to the thousandth of a place at times.

I can't stress how important these refined decimal place values are. I will scrutinize sometimes for weeks over a thousandth of a place finding the best sounding settings.

I have written Peter, the creator of PEACE software about this and hopefully he will fix it soon.

In the meantime, if you have imported my EQs in the past, I would encourage you to revisit the txt files and note entries that include decimal places and enter those extended values correctly. It will reflect what I worked so hard to accomplish and it will improve the sound quality!

Thank all of you who are following and encouraging me to continue to refine EQs for the LCD-X and LCD-XC. I love doing it and I love sharing it to you who like and appreciate them! Your support means a lot!

Stay tuned for my latest to come soon!

Blessings,
-Jonne

Looking forward to checking it out!

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #2,395 of 2,741
LCD-X 2021 EQ Revision 03-10-23
For A Refined EQ

I'm proud to present nearly 3 months work in what is arguably my best EQ for LCD-X ever!

It's been a while since my last revision (which to me, I admit, I was a little disappointed with) so I spent extra time with this one to make sure that I was not going to regret posting it. Always sleeping on any change, large or small, to hear it again with fresh ears before committing to anything.

This time around I discovered that PEACE can define Q values to the thousandth of a decimal place, a feature that I took advantage of in this release to amazing results...especially when shaping high frequency sounds like 'sss' sounds. In this revision I have shaped the 'sss' sounds to near perfection...not fuzzy sounding but not piercing either...just realistic and beautiful.

Jonne Haven LCD-X FR 031023 White.jpg

Highs have been shaped in a hybrid shape with the the LCD-X's stock tuning and the Focal Stellia's stock tuning...using the best of both tunings and combining them for custom euphonic sound. It took a long to time to accomplish this.

The sub bass extends all the way down and below 20Hz for beautiful sub bass but not too much...as defined by a dip at exactly 40.11Hz for just enough sub bass but not too much to add mud. Since my last revision I've added back some of the high bass warmth that was missing, getting back to my roots so to speak...but again not too much.
If a song is meant to be bass heavy, this EQ will reflect that. If the song is not bass heavy, this EQ will respect that as well. Also the way bass is expressed in modern pop is often times different than the way that bass was mastered in songs from the 90s, 80s, and 70s and so on respectively.
All will sound good/appropriate to their respective time periods. The common attribute for all of these bass expressions is a nice amount of punch.

Important notes about P.E.A.C.E.
My EQs go to the the hundredth place of some Frequencies values as well as the hundredth place of some Gain values. Unfortunately the Import function of the current PEACE v. 1.6.4.1 does not import these decimal place values as they are in the txt files I've shared...as I have posted earlier.

I wrote to PEACE creator Peter Verbeek and he has fixed this issue in beta version 1.6.5.0 just for this fix! And he did it within 24 hours of my writing him!
This beta version is available at this link: PEACE Beta V. 1.6.5.0

Instructions:
1. Rename the downloaded exe file from Peace1650.exe to Peace.exe.
2. Copy the downloaded and renamed file to c:\program files\equalizerapo\config, overwriting the existing Peace.exe file (perhaps after renaming the existing Peace.exe file to Peace.bak just in case for safety.
3. In case you haven't already done this, change the Settings/Sizes And Amounts Settings - "Snap to dB gain" setting to 0.01 as in the following pic.

Now you can simply import the attached txt file and trust that all of the decimal place values will be accurate so you hear exactly what I hear and have worked so hard on!

LCD-X 2021 EQ Revision 03-10-23
Channel: all
Preamp: -17.69 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20.11 Hz Gain 11.91 dB Q 0.68
Filter 2: ON LSC Fc 40.12 Hz Gain 1.07 dB Q 4
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 80 Hz Gain 9.48 dB Q 1.199
Filter 4: ON LSC Fc 90 Hz Gain 3.77 dB Q 0.65
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 120 Hz Gain 1.99 dB Q 1.41
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 220 Hz Gain -4.13 dB Q 2.4
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 300 Hz Gain 3.45 dB Q 1.5
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 575 Hz Gain 3.72 dB Q 3
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 785 Hz Gain -2.34 dB Q 2.2
Filter 10: ON HSC Fc 1235 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 2.4
Filter 11: ON HSC Fc 1500 Hz Gain 8 dB Q 0.72
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 1750 Hz Gain 0.47 dB Q 3
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 1910 Hz Gain 1.05 dB Q 5
Filter 14: ON PK Fc 2700 Hz Gain -3.1 dB Q 2
Filter 15: ON PK Fc 3325 Hz Gain 0.3 dB Q 4.8
Filter 16: ON PK Fc 3485 Hz Gain 1.6 dB Q 4.9
Filter 17: ON PK Fc 3750 Hz Gain 3.3 dB Q 1.7
Filter 18: ON PK Fc 3850 Hz Gain 1.1 dB Q 4.7
Filter 19: ON PK Fc 4015 Hz Gain -1.15 dB Q 5
Filter 20: ON PK Fc 4350 Hz Gain 2.3 dB Q 4
Filter 21: ON PK Fc 5100 Hz Gain -0.45 dB Q 3
Filter 22: ON PK Fc 5600 Hz Gain -2.75 dB Q 5
Filter 23: ON PK Fc 6100 Hz Gain -3.23 dB Q 2.5
Filter 24: ON PK Fc 6500 Hz Gain 2.12 dB Q 5
Filter 25: ON PK Fc 7200 Hz Gain -1.65 dB Q 3
Filter 26: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain -1.46 dB Q 4.073
Filter 27: ON PK Fc 9700 Hz Gain -0.3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 28: ON HSC Fc 10980 Hz Gain 2.14 dB Q 0.65
Filter 29: ON PK Fc 11115.84 Hz Gain -2.4 dB Q 3.921
Filter 30: ON PK Fc 13290 Hz Gain -4.99 dB Q 4.8
Filter 31: ON PK Fc 13737 Hz Gain 3.25 dB Q 3.082

As with all of my EQs I have designed them for easy tweaking:

- To tailor bass adjust the gain of Filter 4 to taste.
- To tailor mids "shoutiness" adjust the gain of Filter 17 to taste. Or to tailor the entire mids and high-bass raise (or lower) the Gain of the other named filters (Filters 4, 27, and 28) EQUALLY and adjust the Pre-amp value to keep the EQ at -0.1dB. This is the preferred way to adjust the mids.
- To tailor high-mids/low treble adjust the gain of Filter 27 to taste.
- To tailor treble adjust the gain of Filter 28 to taste.

After any adjustment, be sure that the Pre-amp setting is set to keep the EQ at -0.1dB in the graph window to avoid clipping or unnecessary compression.

Thanks for reading this far! And thanks to you all who have been so kind in encouraging me with "Likes" and posts. For those of you who don't EQ (I respect that), thanks for putting up with my posts for the sake of those who do.

Enjoy what I think is my best EQ ever and do let me know if you have questions/comments!

Blessings,
-Jonne

Attachments

• Jonne Haven LCD-X EQ 031023.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #2,396 of 2,741
If the lcd x is blowing your mind, what's the next planar upgrade that does anything. I mean after the $1300 price point, returns on the dollar get scarcer.
Kennerton Rognir, ZMF Caldera.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #2,397 of 2,741
Mar 10, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #2,398 of 2,741
Mar 11, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #2,400 of 2,741
An experiment, LCD-XC owners:
I wonder if XC-2021 users are willing to carryout an experiment and report back.
For me the XC sounds a bit bright and deep sub-bass shy.
I just removed one screw from the cups.
To me deep bass improves. I don't know if the distortion levels at bass would suffer or not, but I guess not, since the X-21 also has superb low distortion figures.
So if you please, remove one screw and live with them for a week and report back.
Then we see what's going on if enough people report back.
Just a warning. When tightening cup screws, finger tight will do. The threads on the cups are soft.
Not a single member tried it!
I suppose, nobody is interested in measurement results either . . .
Happy EQing.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...eze-lcd-xc-21-effects-of-small-venting.42829/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back