LCD-2 details/transparency ?
Mar 8, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #31 of 33
The headphone output of the DA11 is not shabby to say the least, however switching to the GLite, the improvement is not subtle - the bass feels less sloppy, but more importantly there is a sense of an increased "fullness" to the sound, where every single instrument seems to be a bit more rounded out, with its own voice more pronounced. 

Despite all the new, fancy, overpriced and overhyped amp designs coming out these days, the dynalo is still spectacular, performing at just about the top of the heap.  Matched with such an incredible source, I've yet to hear a system I liked more (at least, for a system not built around a reel to reel
wink_face.gif
).  Perhaps I will build a dynamite just to find out if it is worth the fuss, but I am not convinced the power is necessary. 

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks El_Doug.  Perhaps I am confusing "certain spikes in the high frequencies with detail."  All I know is there are details I hear with the HD800's that I don't with the LCD-2's and was just curious if a change in amplification might rectify that.  I believe my Lavry DA11 provides plenty of resolution.

I see you have a Lavry DA11 as well.  Just curious what your impressions of the LCD-2's are using the headphone output of the DA11 vs. your Gilmore Lite SE (with the DA11 as source)?

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #32 of 33

Quote:
The headphone output of the DA11 is not shabby to say the least, however switching to the GLite, the improvement is not subtle - the bass feels less sloppy, but more importantly there is a sense of an increased "fullness" to the sound, where every single instrument seems to be a bit more rounded out, with its own voice more pronounced. 

Despite all the new, fancy, overpriced and overhyped amp designs coming out these days, the dynalo is still spectacular, performing at just about the top of the heap.  Matched with such an incredible source, I've yet to hear a system I liked more (at least, for a system not built around a reel to reel
wink_face.gif
).  Perhaps I will build a dynamite just to find out if it is worth the fuss, but I am not convinced the power is necessary. 

Absolutely agree with you on this one. I've seen GLite's go up on the F/S thread for several days at only $200.
eek.gif
This is one very impressive amp that really overplays it's price point (which was $499 not too long ago).

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #33 of 33
Don't forget the Gilmore X2 is still coming out, which should have a similar amplification stage to the Dynalo with an optional Async USB DAC.  Should be a great all in one box to pair with the LCD2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back