LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Apr 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #2,272 of 2,398
Sorry to Frank and everyone else for making a hash of this. You see where that phrase in my Signature comes from!!

Basically I felt I ought to post a review quickly. My mistake, because the cables have improved beyond expectations in the intervening period. However, I'll say no more about them until they've completed their burn in phase.

Apologies again for being so hasty. I'll be back with a proper review when the cables are ready.

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #2,273 of 2,398
I'm still waiting for a full fledged review of the LCD-2 Toxic Cables SPC cable. I have one coming for my HD650.

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #2,277 of 2,398
Hi folks, here are some images of Toxic Cables' mixed SPC / Copper cable (with a flash of my LCD-2"s! The pictures were taken on my iPhone and don't don't really do it justice - especially after compression, but they give you some idea of the craftsmanship and attention to detail.

This gives some idea of how light and flexible the cable is:

Quality connectors:

Ultra-slim clear heat shrinks with company name and logo on all plugs and at the "Y" splits.

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #2,278 of 2,398
Did anyone notice that the Q-audio cable seem to have a more spacious sound than the stalk cable?  The stalk cable sounded a bit, narrower and the bass seemed a bit more prominent yet, the Q-cables have a wider sound and the bass isn't as prominent as the stalk?  Still I prefer the Q-audio cable because it has a natural sound to them rather than the stalk.  I really like the Q-audio!

Thanks Ed!

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #2,279 of 2,398
Hawaiiancerveza,

He is what I wrote about the Q cable concerning the bass.  I know what you when you say "less prominent" but To me it was less bloat in the bass and a bit more definition.  

"Bass has a bit more dynamic definition and palpable sense than the stock cable with a bit more detail and a touch less bloat. Some may think the less bloat description to mean less bass. It does not. The bass is not negatively effected, if anything it is a bit cleaner."

http://www.head-fi.org/products/q-cables/reviews/5488

Apr 7, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #2,280 of 2,398
Ya, thats a better explanation to it.  Bloat fits it better.  I didn't mean to sound like the bass was lesser with the Q-audio but sounded more natural than the stalk cable.  =)

Quote:
Hawaiiancerveza,

He is what I wrote about the Q cable concerning the bass.  I know what you when you say "less prominent" but To me it was less bloat in the bass and a bit more definition.  

"Bass has a bit more dynamic definition and palpable sense than the stock cable with a bit more detail and a touch less bloat. Some may think the less bloat description to mean less bass. It does not. The bass is not negatively effected, if anything it is a bit cleaner."

http://www.head-fi.org/products/q-cables/reviews/5488

Users who are viewing this thread

Back