LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Apr 1, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #2,236 of 2,398
That's a beaut! I need to try those silver poisons someday

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #2,237 of 2,398
Thats cool Steve, I am a Brit living in Canada and as far as I know it is not an expression used in the great white north! Cool that something stuck around after the Brits let you guys win :D

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #2,238 of 2,398

Quote:
Thats cool Steve, I am a Brit living in Canada and as far as I know it is not an expression used in the great white north! Cool that something stuck around after the Brits let you guys win
biggrin.gif

Hey, knock that off! We Americans are supposed to be the arrogant ones!
biggrin.gif

se

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #2,239 of 2,398
biggrin.gif

se

[/quote

Nah, thats just a malicious rumor handed out by those who have never met Americans. Seriously though some of the best times and most genuine people I have had and met have been in the good old US of A!

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #2,241 of 2,398

Quote:
Nah, thats just a malicious rumor handed out by those who have never met Americans. Seriously though some of the best times and most genuine people I have had and met have been in the good old US of A!

No, it's not a malicious rumor handed out by those who have never met Americans. It's carefully crafted AMERICAN propaganda. Dude, soon as people know you're nice, they start taking advantage. So ixnay on the indkay ordsway. Okay?

*grabs flag* WE'RE NUMBER ONE! WE'RE NUMBER ONE! WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

se

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2,243 of 2,398

Quote:
We have a saying in Britain and its called "cooking on gas"! Which basically means the person is red hot, of the moment and fully connected! Why do I say this? I think our friend Frank is one of those!
Check this other cable he showed me out, I would have loved it only it is too big to used with the balanced connector needed for my SR71-B, it's the eight wire silver poison, Man, I have to get a balanced home amp sometime:D

Like I said before, Frank could turn this stuff into jewellery for Audiophiles
biggrin.gif

And a close-up

wow ! no way! 
 last night i was thinking about an 8 wire silver poison cable, thinking when i get the cable i would try to get an 8 wire version. Also it looks really damn nice. How much!?

oh and i lived in london my whole life and i never heard the saying "cooking on gas".

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #2,244 of 2,398
wow ! no way! 
 last night i was thinking about an 8 wire silver poison cable, thinking when i get the cable i would try to get an 8 wire version. Also it looks really damn nice. How much!?

oh and i lived in london my whole life and i never heard the saying "cooking on gas".

Give Frank a call as see how much, it looks amazing and if I had a home amp I would have gone for it!

I think Cooking on Gas is more a Northern thing!

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #2,245 of 2,398

Quote:
Thats cool Steve, I am a Brit living in Canada and as far as I know it is not an expression used in the great white north! Cool that something stuck around after the Brits let you guys win
biggrin.gif

Quote:
biggrin.gif

se

To confirm, YES, we Canadians do also "cook WITH gas" too when things are really going well.
smile.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #2,246 of 2,398
Ah, well that must be an eastern Canada thing then as I have not heard it here in BC in the 13 years I have lived here.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #2,249 of 2,398

Quote:
Ah, well that must be an eastern Canada thing then as I have not heard it here in BC in the 13 years I have lived here.

It's because they're so carbon footprint conscience out in BC, cooking with gas is frowned upon.
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #2,250 of 2,398
Yes, but "Now we're cooking with a combination of solar power, metabolic body heat, and thermal energy recovered from the compost heap by an environmentally sustainable heat pump..." doesn't quite roll off the tongue. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back