LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Jan 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #1,966 of 2,398
Quote:
How much from the purchase price would a second hand, burnt-in cable sell for? I know I would be quite happy with the Q but...I would like to know what the Silver Dragon sounds like. If I bought both...that's $500 right there...but if I could sell one no big deal.

If I paid $275 for the SD. how much would it sell for, y'think?

Aftermarket cables don't really hold their value well from original MSRP.  I'd expect to take a 1/3 to 1/2 hit on price.

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,967 of 2,398
Quote:
How much from the purchase price would a second hand, burnt-in cable sell for? I know I would be quite happy with the Q but...I would like to know what the Silver Dragon sounds like. If I bought both...that's $500 right there...but if I could sell one no big deal.

By the way, if you buy both, you wouldn't have to resell anything.  Unless it takes you more than a month to make up your mind, both Moon and Q offer a 30-day return policy.  I think Moon charges a restocking fee though.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #1,968 of 2,398
I have the LCD-2 and am about to order the LCD-3.
This thread is too long to go through to get the answers to my questions, so if someone can post a reply.
Are the LCD-2 ALO & Norse cable compatible with the LCD-3?
Is the Moon Audio cable different/better suited for the LCD-3s
Thanks in advance

Jan 14, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #1,969 of 2,398
All LCD-2 headphone cables work with the LCD-3.  They use the same female mini-xlr connector.

Quote:
I have the LCD-2 and am about to order the LCD-3.
This thread is too long to go through to get the answers to my questions, so if someone can post a reply.
Are the LCD-2 ALO & Norse cable compatible with the LCD-3?
Is the Moon Audio cable different/better suited for the LCD-3s
Thanks in advance

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #1,970 of 2,398

Quote:
All LCD-2 headphone cables work with the LCD-3.  They use the same female mini-xlr connector.

Great!!
Thanks!!

Jan 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #1,971 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:

By the way, if you buy both, you wouldn't have to resell anything.  Unless it takes you more than a month to make up your mind, both Moon and Q offer a 30-day return policy.  I think Moon charges a restocking fee though.

Yes, if after 14 days for cables. So I must make a choice quickly. Since I would only have to pay for shipping which won't be much for a cable, I may just do that and post a review. This is a major topic (Copper vs Silver) and two top cable brands so maybe I can add a lot of light to it. We'll see. I mean I love my gear but the truth is which cable would I prefer? I don't know...

PS: Thanks Steve.

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #1,972 of 2,398
Well I've read through this entire thread, starting before I bought my LCD-2s. I'm leaning towards the Norse for cost reasons, and the fact I've had great emails from Trevor so far. I need at least 12 feet, so cost does become an issue. Got to listen to a couple of the ALO cables when I bought my LCD-2s, but really cannot afford any of them. If anyone is considering selling a longer variety of cable, let me know soon!

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #1,973 of 2,398

Quote:
Well I've read through this entire thread, starting before I bought my LCD-2s. I'm leaning towards the Norse for cost reasons, and the fact I've had great emails from Trevor so far. I need at least 12 feet, so cost does become an issue. Got to listen to a couple of the ALO cables when I bought my LCD-2s, but really cannot afford any of them. If anyone is considering selling a longer variety of cable, let me know soon!

I have bought the Norse audio cables for both the HE-6 & LCD-2 and would fully recommend getting them.
I have an ALO 8 chain cable for LCD-2 as well and can't hear any difference between the two. The price difference is substantial, though.
In fact, if you go with the Norse adapter system, it'll give you a lot of options with the various adapters (speaker taps/RSA71B)
Very flexible cables and extremely well priced.
And dealing with Trevor is a real pleasure.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #1,974 of 2,398
The Norse Cable is wonderful for its looks and function, and for the quality craftsmanship at that price just can't be beat. I can't say enough great things about Trevor and Norse Audio. I know which cable i'm buying when I get an HE-6
biggrin.gif

forgive the crappy phone pics
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #1,976 of 2,398
$155 for just the 4" cable, and the splitter cost extra, but i'd keep it cause it matches the LCD-2 oh so well. $90 ($30 a piece) for the 1" adapters. So $245 shipped for everything. Quite a steal in my opinion, some places charge $90 for just ONE adapter and $245 for the cable
eek.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #1,977 of 2,398

Quote:
The Norse Cable is wonderful for its looks and function, and for the quality craftsmanship at that price just can't be beat. I can't say enough great things about Trevor and Norse Audio. I know which cable i'm buying when I get an HE-6
biggrin.gif

forgive the crappy phone pics
tongue.gif

And you could save on the adapters as well, sice you already have these for the LCD-2s!
I have done the same.
Idiotically, I was ordering adapters for the HE-6 even though I had the full set for the LCD-2s when Trevor pointed it out to me!!
Very nice person, I must say.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #1,978 of 2,398

Quote:
$155 for just the 4" cable, and the splitter cost extra, but i'd keep it cause it matches the LCD-2 oh so well. $90 ($30 a piece) for the 1" adapters. So $245 shipped for everything. Quite a steal in my opinion, some places charge $90 for just ONE adapter and $245 for the cable
eek.gif

For a cable that delivers what it people say it does, I find that to be quite a good deal! Your right about the price of a few of them out there, it does get a bit crazy.

I bought a stock cable that has been terminated in the SR-71B connector, so I think I'll just go with a SE plug. I'm going to wait until next weekends Seattle head-fi meet, to try and inspect and maybe demo a few cables. Thanks for the info.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #1,979 of 2,398
Quote:
For a cable that delivers what it people say it does, I find that to be quite a good deal! Your right about the price of a few of them out there, it does get a bit crazy.

I bought a stock cable that has been terminated in the SR-71B connector, so I think I'll just go with a SE plug. I'm going to wait until next weekends Seattle head-fi meet, to try and inspect and maybe demo a few cables. Thanks for the info.

I'm currently awaiting a few meets so I can find the right amp. I'm sure it will help you on your search for the perfect cable. Though the funny thing is, it only took me 2 days after I got my LCD-2 to know the Norse cable was right for me. And I i'm loving every audio bit with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back