LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Jul 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #661 of 2,398
Steve, any pics of your cable terminated in 4 pin xlr? Contemplating going that route in case I go balanced in future. I'd have to get a 1/4" adapter made up at the same time to accommodate my setup at the moment. How much length would the adapter add?

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #662 of 2,398

Quote:
Steve, any pics of your cable terminated in 4 pin xlr? Contemplating going that route in case I go balanced in future. I'd have to get a 1/4" adapter made up at the same time to accommodate my setup at the moment. How much length would the adapter add?

You've got a PM.

se

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #663 of 2,398
Thanks guys for very helpful information.

After going through this thread, I decided to get a replacement cable from Q-Audio ... and the now the hardest part is waiting for it to arrive. 

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #664 of 2,398

*leans back in his chair, puts his feet up on his desk as he twiddles his thumbs and stares out the window*
very_evil_smiley.gif

se

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #665 of 2,398
You better get your butt making that cable, buddy!  
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #667 of 2,398

Quote:
He's relaxing cause it's already on its way...right Steve?  ...RIGHT, Steve? 
wink_face.gif

Mffffmlflfl... huh... wha...?

Oh, yeah yeah, sure sure. I probably already sent them.

*wanders off to get some Windex to remove the cat nose smudges he noticed on the window earlier*

se

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #668 of 2,398

Quote:

*leans back in his chair, puts his feet up on his desk as he twiddles his thumbs and stares out the window*
very_evil_smiley.gif

se

That's exactly what I would do.
wink.gif

Hope to get the cable around the same time as my Traformatic Experience Head One amp.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #672 of 2,398
Quote:
    Quote:
Better let him know Christmas of what year!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Haha ... Just said something along that line to my kid when he wanted an upgrade from DSi to 3DS 

Aug 5, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #673 of 2,398
I've just ordered a Double Helix Macromolecule for my LCD-2.

I was trying to decide between a Double Helix Molecule, Norse Audio or Q-Audio cable, but in the end settled on the Macromolecule.

I'm sure I'll be left wondering if I should have gone for silver instead of copper, but I couldn't justify the cost of a silver cable right now.

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #675 of 2,398
Hey guys,

I currently have the rev2 LCD-2 with stock cable and as I recently posted in the main LCD-2 thread, If I could have the rev2 sounding like my 'ideal' headphone, it'd probably sound like the rev2  with a less bright, more natural tone, closer to the rev1; with the same laid back sonic force as the rev2; with more treble extension and less boomy bass than the rev1 (in retrospect, what I perceived as boominess could have been caused by the forwardness of the rev1).

So, even though I am very grateful for what I have (rev2 with stock cable), I was wondering if the Silver Dragon cable and the rev1 LCD-2 would be my ideal sonic signature - though I have heard that the Silver Dragon makes the LCD-2 rev1 sound a little dry - and whilst I won't know that until I've heard it with my own ears, could anyone recommend another cable that seem to create the LCD-2 sound I'm looking for relative to what I've described above?

Many thanks,
Windsor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back