LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Aug 5, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #676 of 2,398

Quote:
Hey guys,

I currently have the rev2 LCD-2 with stock cable and as I recently posted in the main LCD-2 thread, If I could have the rev2 sounding like my 'ideal' headphone, it'd probably sound like the rev2  with a less bright, more natural tone, closer to the rev1; with the same laid back sonic force as the rev2; with more treble extension and less boomy bass than the rev1 (in retrospect, what I perceived as boominess could have been caused by the forwardness of the rev1).

So, even though I am very grateful for what I have (rev2 with stock cable), I was wondering if the Silver Dragon cable and the rev1 LCD-2 would be my ideal sonic signature - though I have heard that the Silver Dragon makes the LCD-2 rev1 sound a little dry - and whilst I won't know that until I've heard it with my own ears, could anyone recommend another cable that seem to create the LCD-2 sound I'm looking for relative to what I've described above?

Many thanks,
Windsor

Did you ever consider the boominess you heard was in the recordings you were listening to?

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #677 of 2,398
Quote:
Did you ever consider the boominess you heard was in the recordings you were listening to?

Yes, though I did listen to a wide range of recordings, from those that to me sound (bass-wise) thin e.g. Donald Fagen's The Nightfly, to recordings that to me sound slightly bloated at times e.g. Bob Dylan's Modern Times.

I'm very grateful for what I have with the rev2 and am going to enjoy it by listening to music. I'm also doing what I can to ensure that my equipment sounds the way I want it to (hence my question). But paradoxically, I want my equipment to sound 'invisible' so it gets out of the music's way, which often happens when I stop thinking accept the headphone and just listen to the music.

Your input is appreciated.

Aug 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #678 of 2,398

Quote:

Yes, though I did listen to a wide range of recordings, from those that to me sound (bass-wise) thin e.g. Donald Fagen's The Nightfly, to recordings that to me sound slightly bloated at times e.g. Bob Dylan's Modern Times.

I'm very grateful for what I have with the rev2 and am going to enjoy it by listening to music. I'm also doing what I can to ensure that my equipment sounds the way I want it to (hence my question). But paradoxically, I want my equipment to sound 'invisible' so it gets out of the music's way, which often happens when I stop thinking accept the headphone and just listen to the music.

Your input is appreciated.

You might want to give the Q-audio cable a listen.  Let us know what you think.

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #682 of 2,398
Aug 5, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #683 of 2,398

Quote:
Hmm,  if those rich folk up in the shanties get a hold of those cables you might be getting a flood of new orders!

I doubt it. Seeing as you couldn't afford a new set of cables, I had to send you a trade-in that was previously owned by an ablutophobe. Why do you think I paid you to take them off my hands?

se

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #684 of 2,398

Quote:
Slacker.

Slacker? Naaaah. Just lazy.
biggrin.gif

se

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #685 of 2,398

Quote:
I doubt it. Seeing as you couldn't afford a new set of cables, I had to send you a trade-in that was previously owned by an ablutophobe. Why do you think I paid you to take them off my hands?

se

You do trade ins?  I have some excellent vintage lamp cord.  Very tarnished and broken in. 70's vintage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back