Lawrence, KS Meet Feb. 23rd, 2008
Feb 18, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #106 of 155
I'll bring my M^3 and HD650s. For the dessert item... i'll go ahead and vote for plain ol' chocolate chip cookies (w/o nuts, i'm allergic >_< ). Always been the fan of the home baked classic
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #108 of 155
I mentioned early afternoon, around 2PM? That would be good for Nylan, because otherwise he would need to leave really early.

Also, if you would not mind, you could post the address of the meet. You could also just PM us all.

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #109 of 155
The previous attempted meet was at 2:00 or so. I wouldn't mind starting sooner for those who can get here sooner.

Can we get a good headcount in the next 2-3 days? If we have a really big group, I may move the meet to my place of employment here in Lawrence. You would all probably enjoy seeing that place anyhow. That would take care of the cat issue as well, except Big Al would be sad to miss the meet!

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #111 of 155
I think the list on the first page is accurate for a headcount.I have also updated the gear list appropriately

As for a start time, any time is good with me.

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #112 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mentioned early afternoon, around 2PM? That would be good for Nylan, because otherwise he would need to leave really early.

Also, if you would not mind, you could post the address of the meet. You could also just PM us all.

I'm a substitute teacher. I can leave as early as I need to. I get up at 5:00 every morning anyway. Now, my friend...he's a student. I'm sure he's used to 8:00 am. Eh, he can tough it out.

Nylan

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #113 of 155
Checking out the gear list on the first page, this is starting to look like a pretty decent meet up!

I'll make sure to bring my girlfriends camera to try and get some pics. Also, we should probably coordinate on the food/drinks? We do need to know who is of age for beer, I know I'd hate for someone to get in trouble on the way home!

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #116 of 155
I have 3 full size CD players that will be available to use.

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #117 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by billinkansas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 3 full size CD players that will be available to use.

Cool, then I will just bring the gear I mentioned earlier, some CDs, name tag stickers and a sharpie, and a few 6 packs of different beer.

Any other requests?

Feb 18, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #118 of 155
Bill I would love to see your work.

I will be there and I am trying hard to get my friend that works in the industry to come and bring some toys.

I have 3 sources I can bring, The denon is great for a/b comparison It has two identical outs using the same DACS.

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #119 of 155
I, too, would LOVE to see where you work. I'm sure I'd learn a thing or two (I'm probably going to jump deeper into this rabbit-hole of a hobby as it is).

One thing I should also ask-Bill, since you've mentioned chili, is it possible to place a small amount off to the side BEFORE you put in the meat? My friend who is traveling down with me (who is a registered head-fier, I think...he just doesn't post) is a vegetarian. He likes chili....just not the meats.

Also, I won a vintage panasonic PCDP (SL-S150) off of ebay a couple of days ago, so I might have that as well (I got it for fun and for the bedside).

Really looking forward to this,

Nylan

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #120 of 155
OK folks, we'll change the venue to my company's engineering room - lots of space, light and electricity. Sometime when everyone's here, I will give you all a tour of the place. Being music fans, you will see things here that you will never forget.

How about we start about 1 pm, and others can trickle in as they arrive. I'll PM everybody with directions.

I'll see what I can do about vegifying some of the chilli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back