Lawrence, KS Meet Feb. 23rd, 2008
Dec 1, 2007 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 155

jgonino

Headphoneus Supremus
Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence, Kansas

Date: February 23rd, 2008
Time: 1:00 PM to ? PM. Feel free to show up a little later if need be, setup for the meet will begin around 12:30 PM

Anyone and everyone is welcome, keep checking back to this post for updates and info!

Attendees:
billinkansas (our gracious host)
jgonino
listen2this1
nylan8301 +1 (w00t!)
solecs
ipatch
nova
Earjam
Gear List:
See this link for more gear from billinkansas
Headphones:
jgonino:
JVC DX1000
Audio Technica A900
Ultrasone PROline 2500
nylan8301:
SR-60
Mod'ed KSC-75
Mylarone X3
Beyer DT-231 (maybe)
Solecs:
Goldring DR150
Futuresonics Atrio M5
Modded Koss KSC-75
Nova:
Sennheiser HD650
Amplifiers:
Singlepower PPX3
Mini³

Sources/DAC'S:
Zhaolu D2
Sony DVP-NS775V DVD player
Sony NXZ-A818
Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra
AlienDAC
Ipod Nano

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 155
There was a meet around the KC area just this summer and I had to miss it because of a family gathering.

Here is the link to the thread.

EDIT:Here is the official link to the mini-meet

If you want to contact the guys who ran it and see if they want to meet again, I REALLY want to go. By that time, I should also have a DT 880 in addition to the other gear in my sig.

I have plenty of paid time off at my sales job, so I could easily make the trip down after the holiday season.

Nylan

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 155
Well guys, this a good idea. After going to the meet in Lawrence I have had a couple of things I would suggest is having it a neutral site. This would make it so there is less stress on the person hosting it. I am very interested in what other peoples set-ups look and sound like. I think it would be great if every person that brings gear bring their set-up, and set it up on their own table. You could start by rotating around only taking your cd with you, listening to every rig. The next rotation will be moving Cans and amps and maybe even sources.

So as you can tell I am ready for one. We just need to set up a time and I will make sure to contact every one from the other meet.

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #5 of 155
What date did you guys have in Mind? I am college student at Mizzou, so It would need to be between December 30th and January 16th.

Dec 4, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #6 of 155
For me, it would have to be the 7/8th or the 14/15th if it had to be between those two dates.

A neutral site would be nice. It doesn't have to be anyplace special. Heck, even an empty room with some plug-ins at the university would work (if you could wrangle one) or even the basement of a local church.

I will say that my gear is VERY modest at the moment. The most I could contribute by that date would hopefully be a pair of DT 880's and some budget cans.

Hope that helps,

Nylan

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #7 of 155
I can get an empty room with plugs any time during the spring on a Saturday we could just use the tables and desksin the room to get everything setup. There are several decent restaurants close to campus and I may even be able to provide a place for one person to sleep overnight if needed.

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #8 of 155
If it is during the right time, I'll be back from college and could come to the meet. (I originally live in Lee's Summit)

I have many friends going to school at Mizzou, what year are you?

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 155
I'm in. Where? When?

Laz

Dec 5, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 155
Im a freshman. I was thinking something like January 19th or 26th. They are both saturdays. We could meet up around lunch time, eat something, and then return to the rooms and setup. The building i had in mind is open until around 10pm, so we can go as late as we want.

Dec 5, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #11 of 155
Well hey, I'm in Warrensburg, smack in the middle of KC and Mizzou. I'd be more than happy to go east or west, or if you want, I can try and hook us up with a space at my University.
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #12 of 155
I think the Kansas City area would be a good meeting place, even the ones coming from farther away since it is a meeting place for major highways. I just do not know of any place to have it. If it is in KC I might be able to get my friend (works in the industry) to come and do some demos on some product. I should have my new project done by the end of january.

Dec 7, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #13 of 155
My wife and I agreed that as long as I get called everyday for subbing next week, I can quit my second job!

That lets me travel A LOT easier. I get my weekends back!

So...as long as it's not New Years Eve weekend, I'm good.

Nylan

EDIT: Later in the month would be better. I may have my DT 880's by then.

Dec 7, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #14 of 155
I might be able to get my church to let me use there social hall for this. It has a ton of tables, and i know someone who could get me in. I will check on this when i go home for next weekend.

Dec 14, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #15 of 155
Kind of bumping this to see if anyone is going to call this? I may at least have my computer up and running (my big Christmas gift this year) with an X-fi card...I know that isn't much and my Cmoy is still a Cmoy...so I'll be looking to try other gear...

If anyone has an extra amp, I'll bring my computer as a source!

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back