Lawrence, KS Meet Feb. 23rd, 2008
Dec 21, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 155
Well folks I have got the place lined out, if this goes through I would need to charge a little. Depending on the amount of people it could be 10 -20 dollars each. We can bring all of the beverages we want and there is also a little mexican joint next to it to eat dinner.

Here is the scoop. My friend has a professional photo studio that is perfect to have it at. It has all new electrical and is pretty darn quiet. I will have all of the plugs and outlets we could ever need. Here are the dates I have in mind January 20,26 or 27th. I think pushing it back until the end of January will possibly make it better on me and will give us more time to have more people make it.

If we decide to do this I can give all of the details.

Thanks James

BTW: it will be in Lawrence Kansas

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 155
Hey guys, I don't have any gear worth bringing, but I'm in Kansas City, and I can bring my share of cash and beer if it's cool.

I could also bring snacks/soda/whatever is needed. I have a truck so I can load up tables and chairs if we need them.

Dec 22, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 155
I can do the 20th. I have to go back to columbia on the 21st, so i would work out perfect. If we all can agree, i think the 20th could be the official date. I will change the thread title if more people can make it on that date. Also, I can update the first post with info ,ater today.

Dec 22, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #21 of 155
01/20/2008 check

Location?

Dec 23, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #22 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well folks I have got the place lined out, if this goes through I would need to charge a little. Depending on the amount of people it could be 10 -20 dollars each. We can bring all of the beverages we want and there is also a little mexican joint next to it to eat dinner.

Here is the scoop. My friend has a professional photo studio that is perfect to have it at. It has all new electrical and is pretty darn quiet. I will have all of the plugs and outlets we could ever need. Here are the dates I have in mind January 20,26 or 27th. I think pushing it back until the end of January will possibly make it better on me and will give us more time to have more people make it.

If we decide to do this I can give all of the details.

Thanks James

BTW: it will be in Lawrence Kansas

Heres the info

Dec 24, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #23 of 155
The 20th or 26/27th sounds good to me. Baring some sort of last minute conflict, I think I'll be able to make it. I'll try to see if I can't persuade a buddy of mine to make the trip as well. We may need a place to crash for the night.

Nylan

Dec 25, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #24 of 155
Rats! Neither of the proposed dates will likely work for me. I always enjoy the meets.

Enjoy!

Dec 27, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #25 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by billinkansas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rats! Neither of the proposed dates will likely work for me. I always enjoy the meets.

Enjoy!

NOOOOOOO!!! All the pretty Stax!!!

That's okay. I missed out last time. I'm sure I'll hear some Stax sooner or later.

Nylan

EDIT: Not to say you were going to bring them...

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #26 of 155
Ok the 20th it is. I am going to get the financial part of it worked out in the next day or two. I will need a head count.

I will start around 2:00 and I think it would be fun to eat around 5:00 if that is something everyone wants to do. It can end whenever. If I get my friend to show up that could take a little time as well. I would take everyones input as well.

If at all possible everyone with a complete system IE: Source-Amp-Cans. I would think it would be nice if eveyone could bring their rig. I will have a couple extra sources. So amp and cans will work. I will provide all of the power.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #28 of 155
May have a funeral to attend about then as my aunt is gravely ill and not expected to live. Otherwise i will be there. Hope the weather is good as the drive up from wichita can be challenging when weather is bad. Please send details. thanks

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #29 of 155
Okay...here's the deal. About two months ago, I had to go to the emergency room, and we just got slapped with the bill. It's quite large (800), and that means that my wife and I may have to use money gifted to us for christmas. That was money I was going to use to travel down to Lawrence. Right now, we're just not sure if we have to dip into personal funds. It all matters on how much the job I just quit pays me.

Right now, I can't FOR SURE make it down. If my teaching job had paid more, then it wouldn't have been a problem.

Right now, I MAY be able to make it. I'll keep everyone posted, but we may not even know until the week-of.

I'm really sorry, guys. It happened again...

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back