Lawrence, KS Meet Feb. 23rd, 2008
Feb 21, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #136 of 155
Bummer, I will be sure to bring my camera!

If you want, me and you could have a mini-meet on sunday or some other day during the coming week?

Feb 22, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #137 of 155
I'm going to try to make it, although I'd say my chances are about 50/50. I'll try and let you know for sure tomorrow.

If I can make it, I'll bring my modded Beyer 770s, and can bring my Sony 5-disc player (its an ES model, with a pretty good headphone jack on it). I might also be able to bring a few more things, but nothing too special.

If anyone who is going to the meet is a DIY, I'm curious if you might be interested in one of two things, mainly doing the DIYmod to an iPod Mini, or making a LOD?

Feb 22, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #138 of 155
Sweet! We actually just lost one person, so you can keep up the numbers! I am posting the a900's in the forum right now, so let me know if you want them.

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #140 of 155
Bummer, hope we can have another meet where more people can attend.

Looks like the final headcount is only 8 people. Still some nice gear though!

Feb 22, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #141 of 155
OK guys, the chilli is started. (9 pm update: Chilli is fully constructed and maturing). Someone needs to bring a small crock pot for the veg version. I have one for the big regular batch.

BTW, as you find your way to the meet, there is a big KPL power plant right near our meet site - about as prominent of a landmark as you could have.

Feb 22, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #142 of 155
^ Good to know, bill.

Hey, is it still okay to bring beer? I know it's your work and all...so I thought I should ask.

My wife will be home and begin baking some delicious chocolate cake and fudge.

EDIT: I also recieved my Vintage Panasonic SL-S150 PCDP. It sounds great. You guys gotta check it out! I'll be bringing this as well.

Should be quite good...

Nylan

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #143 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Good to know, bill.

Hey, is it still okay to bring beer? I know it's your work and all...so I thought I should ask.

My wife will be home and begin baking some delicious chocolate cake and fudge.

Should be quite good...

Nylan

Beer is ok, as long as the underagers are ok.

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #144 of 155
I'm fine with it. Reminds me of my family gatherings where we have one cooler for the adults, and other for the kids.
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #147 of 155
I just called Matajuro, and he doesn't have a very large crock-pot...I'll see if I can't call my folks and pick one up. EDIT: My mother-in-law came to the rescue. No worries. I'll have a crock-pot on the ready.

Thanks a ton for everything, Bill. I look forward to meeting all of you tomorrow.

Nylan

Feb 23, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #149 of 155
I should be good to go, I'll grab whatever extra odds and ends that I have laying around. That's probably just a few cables (I think I've got a toslink and various cables and adapters that came from radio shack among other places). Is there anything else we might need? I don't have much but I can bring along whatever I can. I'll probably make it there by 12:30 to help set-up since I'll be heading out early to check some antique/pawn/thrift stores in Topeka/Lawrence for a used turntable
tongue.gif

edit: I just realized it's like 11:30 pm, most likely everybody else is asleep now, whoops >,<.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back