Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 17, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #271 of 394
RME PRO SE and HoloBliss KTE --> LAVRI Grand --> Expanse

Hi, I am looking to buy the Lavri Grand and have 3 questions.

1) in buying a 2m vs 3m am I impacting SQ? most folks seem to have a 2m cable and will resale be impacted if I go with 3m

2) in buying an extension to go from 2m to 3m am I impacting SQ? (it's very expensive to buy an extension cable to not sure I will do this)

3) in using an adaptor to change from XLR to 4.4. for the RME am I sacrificing SQ?

I have attached a screenshot of my cart and would be grateful for any comments.

thanks so much.
Go direct with 3m

Sep 17, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #272 of 394
I believe any kind of adapter or "break in the signal path" will affect sound quality in a negative way. Not much, but definitely there.

Unless someone has superhuman hearing, there's no way anyone can tell a difference between a 2 m and a 3 m cable.

Definitely just get the 3 m cable. Hell, you could get it even longer if you wanted. I seriously doubt you or anyone else will be able to tell the difference. Get the extra length so you can have peace of mind.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #276 of 394
Does it just let IEM/Headphone do its thing as it was originally tuned?
Yes. Tuning remains the same. Resolution, refinement, detail retrieval, timbre realism, dynamics etc. get enhanced, given that your IEM and source are up to the task.

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #280 of 394
Tha ks
Go direct with 3m
I believe any kind of adapter or "break in the signal path" will affect sound quality in a negative way. Not much, but definitely there.

Unless someone has superhuman hearing, there's no way anyone can tell a difference between a 2 m and a 3 m cable.

Definitely just get the 3 m cable. Hell, you could get it even longer if you wanted. I seriously doubt you or anyone else will be able to tell the difference. Get the extra length so you can have peace of mind.
thanks so much. Went with the grand 3m, pigtails and a master iem cable

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #281 of 394
Sep 20, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #282 of 394
Hey all :)

Wanted to share with you all my new review of the Lavricables Silver Grand. I really enjoyed my time with it, brought it on the road with me, (only it actually), and it's just stellar, especially considering the "budget" price when considering the insane money we all spend on gear.

So sit back and enjoy the review, I hope you enjoy it!

You can read it here.

TKP - Lavricables Review FINAL - 1.jpg

Sep 21, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #285 of 394

Users who are viewing this thread

Back