Last Batch of HF2s info needed
Mar 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

schwallman

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey, I just got a set of the last batch of HF2s today. I knew before buying them they were b stock. I was fine with that since last year I bought a bstock set that were damn near perfect. So this pair came in and they are pretty bad. The tops of the cups are very dull and kinda ruff feeling and hazy looking. Then the drivers have a tiny bit of glue on them and spin around in the cups. Did anyone else get a set of the last b stocks and have many issues with them? I emailed Todd and he was going to find out about them for me. I'm most likely going to return them since I was going to have to sell my RS1s to keep them. They do however sound extremely nice but the negatives are out numbering the positives at the moment. I guess I could glue the drivers down but it probably come turn out bad.

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 21
Are your cups shinny? These are pretty dull. i remember my last pair looking shinny.

I would definitely not call them shiny. If someone asked me to describe the finish I'd call it brushed aluminum, hopefully that creates an image for you. I would not call it rough, it definitely has a finished look to it. From the pictures I saw before purchasing it looks like what I was expecting...

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 21
Hi, the HF2 are brushed aluminum and I've seen pairs that had some "texture" on them.  (Have seen three pairs.)

I would probably want to have the drivers affixed, so that they couldn't stress the connections.

Other than that, I bought a B-Stock pair that had one aluminum cup with a kind of machining "pattern" on it but it was uniform so looked fine...  

The other cup had some lighter/darker "clouding" on the texture of the aluminum.  Didn't bother me either.

(I sold them to one of my best friends though, who has all the gear EXCEPT good phones and it's cool when he texts me that he is enjoying them.)

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 21
Hi, the HF2 are brushed aluminum and I've seen pairs that had some "texture" on them.  (Have seen three pairs.)

I would probably want to have the drivers affixed, so that they couldn't stress the connections.

Other than that, I bought a B-Stock pair that had one aluminum cup with a kind of machining "pattern" on it but it was uniform so looked fine...  

The other cup had some lighter/darker "clouding" on the texture of the aluminum.  Didn't bother me either.

(I sold them to one of my best friends though, who has all the gear EXCEPT good phones and it's cool when he texts me that he is enjoying them.)

So you not only get good feedback but good karma as well! :D

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 21

Yeah they have somewhat of a machined pattern on the tops of both cups, its a little darker than the rest of the body.

Quote:

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #9 of 21
You can also send them to Grado Lab for checking to make sure everything is okay. My A stock HF2 have some marks on them too and to be honest that's Grado for you. Loose drivers though, is a different matter. I don't think that is acceptable.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #10 of 21
You can also send them to Grado Lab for checking to make sure everything is okay. My A stock HF2 have some marks on them too and to be honest that's Grado for you. Loose drivers though, is a different matter. I don't think that is acceptable.

I don't think the loose driver is acceptable at all. I don't see how qa did not notice. It was the first thing I noticed before I put them on.

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #14 of 21
Oh, to be clear...I had purchased the B-Stock HF2 as "back-up."

I still have one pair of HF2 and plan on keeping them!

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #15 of 21
If you want to keep them, give Grado a call.  Maybe they can fix them for you under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back