Large text font firmware for X1 & X3 2nd gen & X5 2nd gen
Jun 11, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #61 of 77
Just for You :D...

this is the combined version

- theme5 -> BLACK GOLD
- theme6 -> WHITE

Download: https://db.tt/O21QfuvD
The White theme is stunning, well done. My only tweaks would be to use an even darker shade of black for the text (assuming it isn't already the darkest) to allow for better contrast. I would also modify the switches so that they go orange when active.

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #63 of 77
NEW ARIELP EDIT VERSION 4
based on FW2.0 FINAL X3II

Changelog:
V1
Here are the Changes compare to Factory Version
- Larger Font, with Normal Topbar Menu
- Better English Menu
- Better Now Playing Icon
- Better H/L Gain Icon on the topbar
- Theme 3 Change to Gold Icon with Black BG
- Better DAC Screen Background

V2
- Refine some Uppercase
- Remove the Wood Theme, Replaced with Old Theme 3 (silver on black)

V3
- Replace lame "See You" shutdown animation with Reversed Startup Animation
- Move back Theme3 back to Original Location, New Black-Gold Theme move to Theme6
- Changeback EQ:FLAT back to EQ:OFF, as possibly create confusion to some user

V4 FINAL [COLOR=444444](i think i'm done modifiying this X3II :) )[/COLOR]
Some english text edit in menu
- Now you can choose two version of my v4 edit, GOLD and WHITE version, this refer to theme6 modification..
- V4GOLD: Few cosmetic tune for Black&Gold theme6
- V4WHITE: NEW White theme6, hopefully can satisfy some user's need of bright theme

Download:
V4GOLD: https://db.tt/O2pBJAyQ
V4WHITE: https://db.tt/D3Pfj38w

Enjoy :)

So, turns out the X3's screen isn't as terrible as I first assumed. It's actually quit good. I've tested this under bright natural lightning and harsh artificial lightning and have found it more than sufficient when reading.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #64 of 77
So, turns out the X3's screen isn't as terrible as I first assumed. It's actually quit good. I've tested this under bright natural lightning and harsh artificial lightning and have found it more than sufficient when reading.

its really one of the most dated screens for daps out there. 
you will see how bright, clear and vibrant the pictures of each albums. 
texts are easy on the eyes. but by direct sunlight you will need to max the brightness.
however, on dark rooms or condition, you can will already be pleased  at 30% brightness setting only.

UI and speed of the performance is excellent too :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #65 of 77

its really one of the most dated screens for daps out there. 
you will see how bright, clear and vibrant the pictures of each albums. 
texts are easy on the eyes. but by direct sunlight you will need to max the brightness.
however, on dark rooms or condition, you can will already be pleased  at 30% brightness setting only.

UI and speed of the performance is excellent too :)

With the custom white theme, you won't find any issues in harsh lighting. I used my X3 out in bright sunlight, under harsh halogen lights and with multiple LED flashlights pointing right towards the screen. Much to my surprise, I didn't struggle with seeing or reading anything under any of these circumstances. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #66 of 77
Hi.

I've just bought an X3, upgrading from an X1. Was looking to download this theme but just getting message that it is not available. Is this an issue with the file or something on DropBox? If you could check the file and let me knw it would be really appreciated :)

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #68 of 77
This White theme make such a difference. I can actually read the text now [without two pairs of glasses]
Thank You So Much
smile.gif

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #69 of 77
Just for You :D...

this is the combined version

- theme5 -> BLACK GOLD
- theme6 -> WHITE

Download: https://db.tt/O21QfuvD

Hi, thanks so much for this custom firmware. Love the themes. However I read in the changelog for v3 that you changed the eq wording from flat to off. But in final v4, it still shows as eq flat. Do you have a final v4 version with the eq showing off?

Thanks for your effort.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #70 of 77
Dear respected customers,

After the release of the large text font firmware for the X1 and X3 2nd gen, we are asked to release the large text font firmware for X5 2nd gen by the X5 2nd gen users. But as we said before, to change the text font on the X5 2nd gen is not the same as X1 or X3 2nd gen, and it is more complecated and requires to modify more software code. So we feel sorry to refuse the users' suggestion at that time. 

With improving the user experience, after communicating with the software engineers repeatedly, now we decide to release the large test font firmware for X5 2nd gen, which is based on FW2.1! 
Here is the download link: click here, and pls check it if you don't know how to upgrade the X5 2nd gen. 

Here is the comparison between the previous firmware and larege text font firmwares:

Hope you can enjoy the X5 2nd gen better with the large text font firmware. 
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to your feedback! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back