La Figaro 339
Mar 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,621 of 6,909
Quote:
No I meant really cheap, the 100 bux could be enough or even less for true rms dmm.
you'll need to measure the voltage on the cathode resistor(white box) to ground read and write the value down, then measure the voltage drop on the plate resistor(across resistor) not to ground, divide this voltage by the value of the plate resistor.This gives you the amount of current being drawn by input tube in milliamps. Write this value down.
Knowing the voltage value on the cathoade which could be closest value of your AA rechargeable cell.
Remove the "white box"place the battery between the cathode and ground so we have now constant pure DC source, battery cathode bias.
Batery that can by use, NiMh, NiCad or NiZn, do not use alkaline battery can explode! The cathode circuit itself keeps the battery charged so you don't have to be wary, they will last as long as the battery will. I pull out my battery after 3 months of use and check with the DMM and the voltage is keeps steady.

Wish u would live closer to me..u for sure could help in modifying my 337 for sure!
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #1,623 of 6,909
Thanks Wall-E again!

I will try that battery bias for sure now! Seems doable enough! How would you describe the bass response to the fix battery bias? I am always looking for more bass extension and weight.

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #1,625 of 6,909
Mar 20, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #1,626 of 6,909
Quote:
Wish u would live closer to me..u for sure could help in modifying my 337 for sure!
biggrin.gif

Wish i could, like xmdcq said the 337 is different structure than 339
frown.gif
, but i think some of the mods can be apply too. We can talk about it on London Meet, u coming right?

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #1,627 of 6,909
Quote:
Wish i could, like xmdcq said the 337 is different structure than 339
frown.gif
, but i think some of the mods can be apply too. We can talk about it on London Meet, u coming right?

Yep am comin for sure..we will have a chat then
beerchug.gif

and ultrainferno..yep i know its 339 thread..but am just curious..hope U dont mind.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #1,630 of 6,909
Mar 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #1,631 of 6,909
Don't shoot the messenger but I'll bet you 1 cold beer those aren't mesh plates 6SJ7GT :)

Utrainferno, you owe me one very cold beer!

Hehehe, just kidding mate.  I picked three of them for $50 from another website.  In regards to the initial purchase, I had the ribbed plate tung sols swapped for red 5693s. I am still waiting on them.  

The LF339 has been up and running for a week.  I am impressed even with the stock tubes.  I haven't listened to the Tung sols yet.  I would rather wait till the RCA 6AS7G.  My flatmate saw the amp and very intrigued by it. I told him it was a very expensive mosquito repellent.  I actually managed to convince him till I couldn't hold myself back.  

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #1,633 of 6,909
Quote:

Utrainferno, you owe me one very cold beer!

Hehehe, just kidding mate.  I picked three of them for $50 from another website.  In regards to the initial purchase, I had the ribbed plate tung sols swapped for red 5693s. I am still waiting on them.  

The LF339 has been up and running for a week.  I am impressed even with the stock tubes.  I haven't listened to the Tung sols yet.  I would rather wait till the RCA 6AS7G.  My flatmate saw the amp and very intrigued by it. I told him it was a very expensive mosquito repellent.  I actually managed to convince him till I couldn't hold myself back.  

I actually saw a musquito go bezerk after flying against my red hot 5998 at night..dont know if its dead..but man..as if it was hit by lightling..lolz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back