La Figaro 339
Aug 2, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #4,607 of 6,903
Get another one!
Eventually I will. There is a need to have a tube amp for my preferences. I'll also admit that frankly I also love the look of a tube amp. I have returned very late in life (I am 51) to do another university degree so when that is done and I am working in my field (social work) I will most certainly be in pursuit of a 339. I wish that I had just kept mine as the tubes I had were fantastic and going to be very hard and expensive to replicate the small collection again. Oh well, at least I had the experience so I should count my blessings as they say.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #4,608 of 6,903
Best "thing" about La Figaro besides great synergy with high impedance phones and some planars is the dual mono volume control, even more for me because i'm obsessed with voices to sound dead center:raised_hands::yum:.

That's the main reason I'm after the dual controls too. I've noticed especially when using the Burson Soloist amp that vocals are to the right in the mix on the HD600. Could be that maybe there's a driver imbalance or some other fault with the Burson, I'm not sure, but it's annoying! I notice it a lot less when I use the DT1990 on the Crack.

Aug 2, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #4,610 of 6,903
Eventually I will. There is a need to have a tube amp for my preferences. I'll also admit that frankly I also love the look of a tube amp. I have returned very late in life (I am 51) to do another university degree so when that is done and I am working in my field (social work) I will most certainly be in pursuit of a 339. I wish that I had just kept mine as the tubes I had were fantastic and going to be very hard and expensive to replicate the small collection again. Oh well, at least I had the experience so I should count my blessings as they say.
Hi SD,i hope you doing well,in my experience the tubes make a small difference , the character of the amp remains the same warm,smooth and beautiful,so it’s not hard to find some valves for your tastes.
I even modded mine to take L63 drivers ,tried some nice Gec’s and Osram’s and liked more my Tesla EF806S but really the differences were really small.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #4,612 of 6,903
Amazing combo... after years of switching systems i'm really happy :L3000: IMG_20191025_182040.jpg

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #4,613 of 6,903
Amazing combo... after years of switching systems i'm really happy :L3000:

What are the tubes (one looks like EF80 or 86 of some flavor)? Also, which DAC are you using with the HD800?

Thanks.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #4,619 of 6,903
Wow.. nice looking.. its not on yuking’s website...hmmm...
Yeah... That's exactly why I'm trying to look for answers.
There was some of the 339 upgraded on sale at Massdrop Warehouse for $450 and I almost bought one.
As it seems to be a new product, I would like to know why to pay $899 on this one instead of $740 Yuking's "MSRP".
Even on Shenzhen Audio the 339 upgraded used to cost less than $740 so there must be some upgrades other than visual changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back