La Figaro 339
Oct 11, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,961 of 6,903
Thanks for the heads up! That's a pretty nice buy! I'm tempted, but I've already waited a whole month for the upgraded version and feel inclined to just let it ship in a week or so. I'm just glad that more people are picking up this amp. I hope you'll all join me back here to share impressions and what not :)
The Massdrop version allows you to pay $100 for an upgraded version (more details on the page). Not sure if that is the same as the version you're waiting on, I went for the upgrade.

Oct 11, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #3,962 of 6,903
I receive my Shuguang Treasure” series CV181-Z ! ^^
Test tonight ! :wink:

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #3,963 of 6,903
So it's not very good, the sound is low, with distortion a high level!!! :,( Is it normal?
Do I make burning? or I have to change the imput Tube? Or the CV181Z are not adapted for the 339?

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #3,964 of 6,903
So it's not very good, the sound is low, with distortion a high level!!! :,( Is it normal?
Do I make burning? or I have to change the imput Tube? Or the CV181Z are not adapted for the 339?

Not good? It's incredibly good
Low sound? I never get over 9 o'clock
Distortion: unexisting
Burning: Yes and each listen session about 30 minutes at least
Tubes: change both input and power tubes
CV181Z: No this isn't a 6SN7 amp

Please read the thread, you will find many answers. According to me your issue is situated in another part of your chain, but it can always be a tube or amp part is failing

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,966 of 6,903
Arf I confused 6SN7 with 6AS7!!!!!!!! So sad!!! :frowning2:

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #3,967 of 6,903
I joined the recent Massdrop and will have this AMP hopefully in November. Based on reading this thread, these seem to be some good tube options that are decently affordable:
Tung-sol 7236 with RCA 5693
and
Tung-Sol EF86/6267 with RCA 6AS7G

Any recommendations for someone who prefers a warmer sound? If it helps, with my LD MK3, I really like the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV tubes after trying a few. They have a great full, warm sound with solid bass.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #3,968 of 6,903
I joined the recent Massdrop and will have this AMP hopefully in November. Based on reading this thread, these seem to be some good tube options that are decently affordable:
Tung-sol 7236 with RCA 5693
and
Tung-Sol EF86/6267 with RCA 6AS7G

Any recommendations for someone who prefers a warmer sound? If it helps, with my LD MK3, I really like the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV tubes after trying a few. They have a great full, warm sound with solid bass.

After reading this whole thread, there are really only two combinations of tubes that I would like to try:

GEC/Tung Sol 5998 /// RCA 5693 "Red Hot"

or

RCA 6AS7G (Black Plate) /// EF800 Telefunken
GE 6AS7G (Copper Rods) /// EF800 Telefunken
JAN GE 6AS7G (Copper Rods) /// EF800 Telefunken

It just seemed like hundreds of pages of everybody agreeing that these two basic pairings were pretty hands down the way to go. I prefer a warmer and tubier sound than not, for sure. I can't personally attest to these pairings or how they differ from each other, or all others, but they're the only ones I walked away from this thread desiring to try.

The Massdrop version allows you to pay $100 for an upgraded version (more details on the page). Not sure if that is the same as the version you're waiting on, I went for the upgrade.

Ack. Well, this close to my thing being shipped, I guess I'll just let it go through. I don't know why - it's just business, right? But I would feel bad about canceling my order on Yuking (Is that who I'm dealing with if I ordered from ShenzenAudio?) at the last minute.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #3,969 of 6,903
After reading this whole thread, there are really only two combinations of tubes that I would like to try:

GEC/Tung Sol 5998 /// RCA 5693 "Red Hot"

or

RCA 6AS7G (Black Plate) /// EF800 Telefunken
GE 6AS7G (Copper Rods) /// EF800 Telefunken
JAN GE 6AS7G (Copper Rods) /// EF800 Telefunken
Looks like the 5998 tubes are too expensive ($400 for a pair). The rest seem doable. Since there is overlap in what I suggested and what you posted I may buy both to ensure I end up with the best option for my ears. So many tubes to buy.... :)

Ack. Well, this close to my thing being shipped, I guess I'll just let it go through. I don't know why - it's just business, right? But I would feel bad about canceling my order on Yuking (Is that who I'm dealing with if I ordered from ShenzenAudio?) at the last minute.
The drop ended earlier today, I think it was limited to 7 units. I'm pretty sure ShenzenAudio is a dealer, ordering directly from Yuking: http://www.yuking09.com/product/la-figaro-339/
One benefit of going with Yuking or ShenzenAudio is you can specify the color and the stock tubes (the Massdrop version only offers silver with the brighter tubes).

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #3,971 of 6,903
It's pretty easy to find them on ebay, isnt it? I remember checking for all of these things on ebay and while I wouldn't say there was an overabundance by any stretch of the imagination, there were definitely enough for us to take care of ourselves without being hung out to dry for pricing over any real scarcity?

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #3,972 of 6,903
Yeah, I think I wasn't searching properly the other night. Some of these are quicker to find than others but overall they don't seem too rare yet. I'm tempted to get them very soon to be on the safe side even though my amp won't show up until late November.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #3,973 of 6,903
I canceled my order for a La Figaro, through Shenzen Audio. After waiting since early September, I was told that my amp wouldn't be available to ship when they said it would. Which I wasn't told until the awaited day finally came. It was through my proactively e-mailing them to confirm that things would be shipping around that time, that I received a reply stating that it would not, and that they would not have any 110v units to ship to me/people in the states. They said that they would have some in "November." I asked when and didn't receive a reply for a while, and decided to stop waiting and allowing this kind of customer service/business practice to keep happening. It seems only in the hifi world, with high ticket items, that I have ever encountered such low service. I told them to just cancel the order and refund me, immediately. It took a day to hear back from them and do this, which I suppose is reasonable.

I'm pretty bummed. I was content with waiting for a bit, when things were agreed upon. But a lot of vendors in the hifi world seem to think it's okay to be like this. This was my first and last experience buying with Shenzen Audio. I had told them that I really wanted to do some nice reviewing of this unit, posted here, which would surely help to invigorate the la figaro community and its sales, but this is as far as I made it. I felt forced to sever the disrespectful business conduct.

I now completely regret not just canceling my order with them and getting the exact same product, for $100 less than they were charging, by joining the mass drop with the rest of you. Buyers beware.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #3,974 of 6,903
I canceled my order for a La Figaro, through Shenzen Audio. After waiting since early September, I was told that my amp wouldn't be available to ship when they said it would. Which I wasn't told until the awaited day finally came. It was through my proactively e-mailing them to confirm that things would be shipping around that time, that I received a reply stating that it would not, and that they would not have any 110v units to ship to me/people in the states. They said that they would have some in "November." I asked when and didn't receive a reply for a while, and decided to stop waiting and allowing this kind of customer service/business practice to keep happening. It seems only in the hifi world, with high ticket items, that I have ever encountered such low service. I told them to just cancel the order and refund me, immediately. It took a day to hear back from them and do this, which I suppose is reasonable.

I'm pretty bummed. I was content with waiting for a bit, when things were agreed upon. But a lot of vendors in the hifi world seem to think it's okay to be like this. This was my first and last experience buying with Shenzen Audio. I had told them that I really wanted to do some nice reviewing of this unit, posted here, which would surely help to invigorate the la figaro community and its sales, but this is as far as I made it. I felt forced to sever the disrespectful business conduct.

I now completely regret not just canceling my order with them and getting the exact same product, for $100 less than they were charging, by joining the mass drop with the rest of you. Buyers beware.
Ew, that sucks, sorry to hear it. :frowning2: From what others have said you should have a better experience if you buy direct from Yuking (though they also said Shenzen is a good dealer so I guess take it with a grain of salt).
http://www.yuking09.com/product/la-figaro-339/

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #3,975 of 6,903
I am really sorry to hear about that and completely understand your decision. That would frustrate me too.

I ordered directly from Yuking, but that was over two years ago. At that time it took about a week and half to arrive. This must be related to the Massdrop deal taking priority of units but should have been better communicated to and by Shenzhen Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back