La Figaro 339
Oct 1, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #421 of 6,903
I dont know where i got ryan from, sorry. Its not his name, yuking is Liu Yi

Hah.. No worries. :) I will be grabbing my LF339 from yuking for sure!

Just to be a little OT, say, I was wondering why your nick looks familiar to me. After checking back, I've just realised you've dropped me a bleep via PM asking about some 12AU7 RCA tubes last year. Haha. Many happened since then eh, from Bravo amp to La Figaro 339. :)

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #423 of 6,903

Quote:
“...as you can see they're not really active anymore (must be because this amp is so great, they need nothing else :wink:

Absolutamundo, Ultra! Hey, congratulations on your venturing into ortho land. My HD-800 is still singing with the LF 339. Haven't been tempted with any other amp for this ’phone. Since I just bought the Hifiman HE-5LE (hasn't arrived yet) I have resurrected my Threshold 400A for use with it (via speaker taps). Don't think the LF339 would drive it with enough muscle but, of course, I’ll give it a go anyway. (What the hell!)

Anyone with Sennheiser ’phones can’t miss with the 339. Ran my HD-600 with it and, again, marvelous. Interestingly, I have also used the 339 with AKG 702 (62-ohm) and got wonderful results... and no hum. Ditto, the Sennheiser IE7 (16-ohm). For me, that was unexpected. I ordinarily use the ball-buster Audio-gd C2 SA (ca. 6 Watts@50 ohm) with these.

Another plus for the LF339 is that it has performed without a hitch since I received it. Love this amp!!!

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #424 of 6,903

Quote:
Absolutamundo, Ultra! Hey, congratulations on your venturing into ortho land. My HD-800 is still singing with the LF 339. Haven't been tempted with any other amp for this ’phone. Since I just bought the Hifiman HE-5LE (hasn't arrived yet) I have resurrected my Threshold 400A for use with it (via speaker taps). Don't think the LF339 would drive it with enough muscle but, of course, I’ll give it a go anyway. (What the hell!)

Long time no see here, Mambosenior :)
I've been listeing to the He-500 with the 339 and the Violectric V100 but the 339 really has enough power for the Hifiman imo. Haven't tried my speaker amp yet. My lcd-2s are still on its way, but they should be easier to drive, so...

I didn't plan on exploring ortho land this soon, but someone made me an offer I just couldn't refuse :wink:
So why the HE-5LE? Do let us know what you think of it combined with the 339.

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #425 of 6,903
How does a W5000 go with this amp?

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #427 of 6,903
Quote:
now that we're talking about orthos, I'd really love to know how the 339 handles the HE-6, hehe

Dr: Dying to know that myself. HE-5LE arrives Tuesday. Will report.

Ultrainferno: I went with the 5LE because it was a deal to damn good to bypass and it’ll give me some glimpse of the ortho world which I’ve never visited. I owned the big Magnepans years ago and ran the suckers with Pass Labs X-600 monos. I am expecting—from reading various reports on these forums—that the Hifiman 5LE and 6 also need a boat load of power to show their best, hence my Threshold in the wings.

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #433 of 6,903
From the man himself. I asked him at the beginning of last year if there might be a replacement for the 337se. He told me about the amp he was developing but asked me not to tell anyone, guess it is ok to do so now.

I'm sure Yuking will be forthcoming with more info soon.

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #434 of 6,903
I think I found the chinese pages on diybuy.net

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diybuy.net%2Fthread-416700-1-1.html

there's lots more on the new 339 on there. I had all the links but then I accidentally closed this tab. doh!
The name is "339 Reference"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back