La Figaro 339
Jul 12, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #392 of 6,903
Hello
I`m new in this forum - greetings from distant Poland. I would like to buy an amplifier LaFigaro 339 but I have a few question about it.
1.now I have PERREAUX SHX-1 headphone amp.  and connected to this amp Tandberg preamp. It`s that combo works with 339? Another worlds - Can I connect my preamp to 339?
2.why two power socket ? this is for110/220v?
3. I use HD600 (recabling StefanAudioArt - I highly recommend by the way) and I wonder how do they work with 339. Many good opinion from Your about HD 650+339. Unfortunately HD650 is too dark for me/AKG 702 too light for rock music (in my opinion) - you know problems,problems...
Anyway, I will be very grateful for your help

Jul 13, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #393 of 6,903

Quote:
Hello
I`m new in this forum - greetings from distant Poland. I would like to buy an amplifier LaFigaro 339 but I have a few question about it.
1.now I have PERREAUX SHX-1 headphone amp.  and connected to this amp Tandberg preamp. It`s that combo works with 339? Another worlds - Can I connect my preamp to 339?
2.why two power socket ? this is for110/220v?
3. I use HD600 (recabling StefanAudioArt - I highly recommend by the way) and I wonder how do they work with 339. Many good opinion from Your about HD 650+339. Unfortunately HD650 is too dark for me/AKG 702 too light for rock music (in my opinion) - you know problems,problems...
Anyway, I will be very grateful for your help

Welcome to Head-fi!

1. Of course you could connect your pre amp to the 339, but I haven't done so myself. I only use my pre amp for my speaker system, maybe someone else can reply more in detail
2. There are two power sockets because this is a dual mono design. So basically there are 2 of every part as the left and right channel are separated. That's also why you have 2 volume dials, one for each channel, as you can clearly see in the pictures. The Voltage 110/220v is set at the company before shipping it to you, there is no 110/220 switch on the back
3. The Senns do very well with this amp. I've used both 600 and 650 with it and the combination is just great as others here in the forum will confirm. Don't worry about this :wink:

U.

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #394 of 6,903
Ultrainferno - meny thanks!
I I wrote to mr Liu yi - he answer, and yes his English is even worse than mine
biggrin.gif
. Eeverything seems to be ok. I decides to purchase next month.
For now my PERREAUX is for sale - it`s that little box on the right - hehe :

ah yes, last doubt - opinion from my forum ( I will try to accurately translate):

" As for me, dual headphone amplifier potentiometer on it a mistake. Headset paired with a precision of tenths of a decibel and manual control of channels here."
Anyone comments? Skylab maybe?

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #396 of 6,903

Quote:
^ ^ You are right about the dual volume knobs being a pain. I have the DarkVoice 337se and it is on the bottom shelf of my rack so accurately adjusting volume levels can wear me down sometimes.

I can't say it has bothered me once actually. I find it quite handy actually

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #398 of 6,903
If you can control the volume with pre-amp, this will be brilliant, but otherwise, it's quite troublesome for me.  I would prefer La Figaro (or/and Darkvoice) provide some kind of left right Balancer instead.  That's one of the reason I sold mine, but otherwise, the sound is brilliant with HD650 or high impedance phones, especially for creating a large soundstage effect, like orchestra.

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #399 of 6,903
Well, as you can see there are many opinions on this subject. There is nothing else but wait. Unfortunately mr Liu don`t answer for my mail. I hope it`s only a vacation time not end of production this amplifier. Will see.

Jul 15, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #400 of 6,903

Liuyi is quite slow responding to emails and messages. I have a feeling he might have to have someone translate for him and then have that person respond to the emails, just a guess.
Quote:
Well, as you can see there are many opinions on this subject. There is nothing else but wait. Unfortunately mr Liu don`t answer for my mail. I hope it`s only a vacation time not end of production this amplifier. Will see.

Jul 15, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #401 of 6,903
i always send him my mails in english and chinese (google translate) and always get a reply overnight. it helps to use his private mail as well :D

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #402 of 6,903
I just got some new RCA 6A7G 61-07 dated grey plates to try. They're heating up right now :)

Edit: They burn less nice but they seem to have a bit more power. Sonically i can't spot any big differences, maybe they're a bit clearer

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #403 of 6,903

Quote:
I just got some new RCA 6A7G 61-07 dated grey plates to try. They're heating up right now :)

Edit: They burn less nice but they seem to have a bit more power. Sonically i can't spot any big differences, maybe they're a bit clearer

Hey mate,
have you ever tried some 5998 or tungsol 7236? On my WA3 they sound more 3D, and louder of course, because of the higher gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back