Kramer-mod... KSC75...
Mar 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #436 of 542
Quote:
I just got my KSC75's and I noticed they do not have the right angle plug anymore. When did they change that? The pair I bought a few years ago had the right angle plug. Thanks.

I tried the Porta Pros and I definitely like the KSC75 better.

Not sure.

Also some have the in-build volume control (which is of pretty average quality).

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #438 of 542
what metal plate? you mean the plastic driver cover? if so, yes. but you need to put something like mesh back so that the drivers don't get hit (believe me, they are delicate).

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #439 of 542
Sure, wrap a bit of electrical tape or something to increase friction between the extenders and the adjacent headband.

How about a cable tie? Probably less messy.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #440 of 542
Quote:
what metal plate? you mean the plastic driver cover? if so, yes. but you need to put something like mesh back so that the drivers don't get hit (believe me, they are delicate).

Yes, the cover over the driver. 

I was considering removing the cover from a pair of koss portapros to see if this would change the relatively dark sound signature and open up the highs a bit. 

I've already done the quarter mod and the difference in SQ is negligible to non-existent, and I can't really drill holes in the cover, since well, I don't have a drill. 

Therefore, I was considering just removing the cover altogether. Based on what you've written however, it doesn't seem like a good idea at all. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #444 of 542
Quote:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I made this on this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFGuNa2WEM

One of the most coherent headphone modding videos I've watched, very well-done!

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #446 of 542
Quote:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I made this on this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFGuNa2WEM

Awesome video man! I'm probably gonna have to give it a try. With my ksc75's, I didn't try drilling the holes in the driver covers (ie kramer mods) but instead replaced the driver covers with steel mesh (not sure where I first read about doing that). This seems to work well with the ksc75 drivers (ie this doesn't seem to muddy things up), but like I said, I never tried the kramer mods so I can't say for sure which is better. If I do these mods to the sportapro drivers though, I'll just be following your experienced lead. So thanks again!

Btw, you mentioned the Radio Shack pads. We don't have Radio Shack any more up here in the great white north. Any chance you could provide a link to the pads that you like? I could probably then source them from somewhere. Thanks!

Quote:
I can't believe this thread is still alive!!  unbelievable.

Buy low and mod high everyone!!

You're famous, and this thread will be going down in history (if it hasn't already)!

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #448 of 542
Yeah, I still listen to them.  In fact, I still have the original modded ones from this post.  The foam wore out long ago, and I have replaced it back to the OEM Koss foams, but other than that they are still the same cans.

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #449 of 542
Quote:

Awesome video man! I'm probably gonna have to give it a try. With my ksc75's, I didn't try drilling the holes in the driver covers (ie kramer mods) but instead replaced the driver covers with steel mesh (not sure where I first read about doing that). This seems to work well with the ksc75 drivers (ie this doesn't seem to muddy things up), but like I said, I never tried the kramer mods so I can't say for sure which is better. If I do these mods to the sportapro drivers though, I'll just be following your experienced lead. So thanks again!

Btw, you mentioned the Radio Shack pads. We don't have Radio Shack any more up here in the great white north. Any chance you could provide a link to the pads that you like? I could probably then source them from somewhere. Thanks!

You're famous, and this thread will be going down in history (if it hasn't already)!

Sure We do, It's called the source now and they have them, but they are 7.50 a pair. You are probably better off to order something online.

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #450 of 542
Quote:
Sure We do, It's called the source now and they have them, but they are 7.50 a pair. You are probably better off to order something online.

I searched thesource.ca for "replacement pads" and could only find these and these. Are either of those the ones that you are referring to? Neither of them are 7.50 a pair, so I doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back