Kramer-mod... KSC75...
Jan 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #136 of 542
I cant get the grille off
frown.gif
, please help.

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #138 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I currently think the highs from my quarter modded ksc75s are fatiguing, would drilling holes in the grille solve the problem, or make it worse?

I like mine with drilled holes in the grill, but with the foam unmodded..More detail, but not as much as quarter mod IMO

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #139 of 542
I finally did this mod since I have 2 ksc75s.
Cut the hole in the foam as well, then put a screen like material under to help protect the driver from damage. Sound much better to me.

Through my home amp they have much more pronounced bass. To my noob ears at least : )

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #140 of 542
I just got done with the mods...OMG its a HUGE difference!

I got about 4' CAT3 2 pair 24awg solid core cable from Home Depot, 24k Gold Plated plug from Radio Shack and went to town on the grills with my Dremel.

I just ordered another set from Froogle, $16.98 USD shipped. I am going to do the wire mesh or coffee grill mod, and find some 24awg stranded wires, the 24awg solid core is abit too stiff. I might try and use some Velour too instead of foam, see how that effects the sound.

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #141 of 542
someone compare the ksc75 to the sony mdr 101lp! the sony's can be had for $2.50 on amazon. im in canada and i don't have easy access to the ksc75s otherwise i'd do it myself. i eq my mdr101s and they sound fantastic, even comparable to the 990s and other higher priced phones depending on the type of music. not sure if everyone will hear what i'm hearing from these phones, because i eq them for higher bass and i personally cant think of a better value than these. 15 bucks for the ksc75s, 2.50 for the sony's (btw this is the only sony phone i like, most of their higher ones sucked for the price)

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #142 of 542
I just did part of the mod on my 2nd set of 75's. I took out the black guard completely, and used a Dremel Fiberglass reinforced cut-off wheel as a guide to cut the foam. I am going to use some kind of stiff wire mesh to protect the drivers, haven't started looking yet.

Feb 11, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #143 of 542
Since I absolutely hated the clip-on style of the KSC75's, I went on a quest to find a headband that would fit it. After searching long and hard (about 20 minutes)
580smile.gif
I found, in my garage, a cassette player from around the 80's with with some funky looking headphones. Soo... my original plans were to rip out the metal clips on the Koss' clips and glue in a headband, but to my surprise, these fit perfectly!

DSC05913.jpg

DSC05918.jpg

DSC05919.jpg

With the stock pads, they sounded terribly muddy, so I went down to Radio Shack and bought these huge pads and they lifted the drivers off my ears quite a lot, clearing things up. I also cut out a new grill from my speaker grills.

DSC05920.jpg

DSC05921.jpg

DSC05922.jpg

How do they sound? AWESOME! Much more convenient than the clip on style, and they actually sound a tad better this way. =]

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #144 of 542
Thats an awesome mod! what was the headband that fit the 75's so well?

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #145 of 542
great headband mod! it's great that you can interchange between those and the clips since they use the same holding mechanism!

I'm interested as well, as what kind of headband was that from

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #146 of 542
My KSC75s arrived today.

OMG their sound... Unbelievable... I am just speachless.
eek.gif

I'll start modding my pair tonight, but they are already damn awesome stocked!

Definately new happy KSC75 owner!
biggrin.gif
Beats Shure E2gs hands down...

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #147 of 542
Oh no... I just looked myself from the mirror with KSC75... and I saw Dumbo!
eek.gif
I have quite big ears, and short hair just highlight it. Add KSC75 and you will get Dumbos!
smily_headphones1.gif

My GF just laughed her head off when she saw me... I think this is an unmoddable unless I visit cosmetic surgeons...
biggrin.gif

I planned KSC75 for portable use, but I cant go public with these!
rolleyes.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #148 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no... I just looked myself from the mirror with KSC75... and I saw Dumbo!
eek.gif
I have quite big ears, and short hair just highlight it. Add KSC75 and you will get Dumbos!
smily_headphones1.gif

My GF just laughed her head off when she saw me... I think this is an unmoddable unless I visit cosmetic surgeons...
biggrin.gif

I planned KSC75 for portable use, but I cant go public with these!
rolleyes.gif

Holy Flying elephants Batman!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

koss.jpg

Heres what you need to do... get yourself an RS1 with bowls, wear them for 3-4 months straight. The Grado torture devices will smash your ears into a soft pulp and your KSC75s will sit nice and flat.

LOL... Honestly I dont think you look bad at all... Enjoy the cans! The earhooks can be bent so they sit tighter on your ears. if they are just hanging loosely, they will tend to fall off. Note the mods I have done will make them brighter and more aggressive sounding, so if you already find them bright the mod might not work out well for you.

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #149 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy Flying elephants Batman!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Heres what you need to do... get yourself an RS1 with bowls, wear them for 3-4 months straight. The Grado torture devices will smash your ears into a soft pulp and your KSC75s will sit nice and flat.

I used SR80s for almost a year 2-4hrs daily, but apparently it didnt help much.
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #150 of 542
Get a beanie

And your beyers on the table made me drool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back