Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Apr 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #211 of 852

Quote:
So the bubble is growing?

It does not seem like it is. Hopefully, this is not a big problem. It sounds exactly the same as before the bubble, it just is not too pleasing aesthetically. It may be that clear is not the way to go for the plastic. The bond between the silicone and plastic still seems as strong as before though.

Quote:
I've (mostly) read through this thread and it has me quite excited. I have a pair of UE TF10's I'd like reshelled but I have no idea what the options are. Can someone explain?

* Difference between custom and universal reshell? They look identical.
* Can he reshell other IEM's like the Super.Fi 5''s?
* What the practical differences between acrylic and silcone are? What material are the stock TF10's? Why would you choose one over the other?
* From a recent post it seems like it is possible to get detachable cable with silicone. Is this official?
* Does having a detachable cable really matter? I see that many people are getting the feature for free without paying for it.
* I wear my cables around my ears, to the back of my head. Will a reshell change or affect this?
* If I get detachable cables, which cables does Kozee use? My TF10's or some other ones? If I get non-detachable cables, same question.

Thanks!

* Difference between custom and universal reshell? They look identical. Custom reshells are for those that wish to get a pair of headphones that are already customs remolded. Universal reshells are to turn a universal headphone into a custom.
* Can he reshell other IEM's like the Super.Fi 5''s? He can reshell any kind iem that uses balanced armature. The Super.Fi 5's are reshellable.
* What the practical differences between acrylic and silcone are? What material are the stock TF10's? Why would you choose one over the other? Acrylic is supposedly more durable and is solid. Silicone is sort of squishy but supposedly more comfortable. I cannot directly compare the two kinds, but it seems to be up to personal preference whether you get silicone or acrylic. If you move your mouth a lot while listening, silicone would be the better choice. Also, the stock TF10s do not have a material, as they are tip-dependent. You do not use tips with customs.
* From a recent post it seems like it is possible to get detachable cable with silicone. Is this official? I do not think it is really official. I think mine is a prototype. It may become widely available though, not sure yet. It is better to ask Mr. Palmquist about it.
* Does having a detachable cable really matter? I see that many people are getting the feature for free without paying for it. It is a standard feature for acrylic shells. Removable cables allow you to replace the cable if you ever feel like using a different cable or your current cable breaks. If they were not removable, then anything that happened to the cable would require you to send your headphones back to Kozee or another company to fix the problem, or you could solder a new wire if you were up to the task.
* I wear my cables around my ears, to the back of my head. Will a reshell change or affect this? As far as I'm aware, all reshells have cables that go around the ears to the back of the head.
* If I get detachable cables, which cables does Kozee use? My TF10's or some other ones? If I get non-detachable cables, same question. If you do not request that they use a specific cable and you send them the cable, then they will use their own Kozee cable, which is of good quality. I asked for them to use my Westone ES cable, and I actually think this is the reason they even came up with the removable cable in silicone - so that they would preserve my cable without soldering onto it. Talk about great customer service! :D

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #212 of 852
If you do not request that they use a specific cable and you send them the cable, then they will use their own Kozee cable, which is of good quality. I asked for them to use my Westone ES cable, and I actually think this is the reason they even came up with the removable cable in silicone - so that they would preserve my cable without soldering onto it. Talk about great customer service! :D

If I send them my TF10 cables they will use their own cables when they reshell? Will they send me back my TF10 cables? Thanks for all your help.

Just submitted an order for a universal reshell for my TF10's.

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #213 of 852
WAAAAAAA okay I'm sending in my TF10s, I always wanted those silicones just that they didn't have R/C now they DO OMG, OMG, time to fill out my FORM :D just hoping it will arrive before may 25th!

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #214 of 852
If you do not request that they use a specific cable and you send them the cable, then they will use their own Kozee cable, which is of good quality. I asked for them to use my Westone ES cable, and I actually think this is the reason they even came up with the removable cable in silicone - so that they would preserve my cable without soldering onto it. Talk about great customer service! :D

If I send them my TF10 cables they will use their own cables when they reshell? Will they send me back my TF10 cables? Thanks for all your help.

Just submitted an order for a universal reshell for my TF10's.

I'm not too sure actually. I'd suggest that you specify whether you want to keep your cable or go with Kozee's cable. I'd recommend that you get their cable and just unplug and keep the stock cable. Their cable is a lot better than the stock one.

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #215 of 852
As an update regarding the bubble, it appears that it has been there the entire time and I simply didn't see it when I first got them. It isn't increasing, I was being paranoid and seeing things. It actually appears that the bubble is a part that was shaved away to allow for room for the drivers. It just does not look so aesthetically pleasing. The seal between the plastic and silicone still seems to be rock solid. I'd contact Mr. Palmquist to see if he will give you removable cables before you send them in. If he does, make sure to get the plastic in a color that isn't clear!

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #216 of 852

Quote:
As an update regarding the bubble, it appears that it has been there the entire time and I simply didn't see it when I first got them. It isn't increasing, I was being paranoid and seeing things. It actually appears that the bubble is a part that was shaved away to allow for room for the drivers. It just does not look so aesthetically pleasing. The seal between the plastic and silicone still seems to be rock solid. I'd contact Mr. Palmquist to see if he will give you removable cables before you send them in. If he does, make sure to get the plastic in a color that isn't clear!

I thought it might be for driver clearance.  Quite common actually.  Keep us posted.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #217 of 852
Hi guys!

Has someone form Europe ordered the Universall Reshelling? How long the entire process took?

i've chosen the International Express shipping,so i think they provide a tracking number don't they?

Will Adam send the ear impression kit also using this shipping option? He e-mails you when he ships the impressions and/or the custom?

Thanks in advance guys!

Greetings from Portugal!

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #218 of 852
I'm not too sure actually. I'd suggest that you specify whether you want to keep your cable or go with Kozee's cable. I'd recommend that you get their cable and just unplug and keep the stock cable. Their cable is a lot better than the stock one.

Thanks for your advice. I may choose to just send them the IEM's sans the stock cable, then I know they will give me theirs. What makes the Kozee cable "better"?

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #219 of 852
@sygyzy-

Kozee cable is a Westone type or very similar. Longer, braided and quieter than the UE stock cable. Better all around and will most likely last a lot longer. 

Really digging mine, (TF10 Reshell). Definitely more forward mids. Very very happy with them, great all around package especially with cabling.

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #220 of 852
I'm really interested in getting my SuperFi 5 Pro's re-shelled by these guys. I'm curious though, I hear a lot about re-shelling the TF10 but not much about the SuperFi 5 getting re-shelled. Is that something they can do? Is it worth it? Also, how good are they about custom colors? I want nice honey colored tinted acrylic shells, can they do that? 

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #221 of 852

Quote:
I'm really interested in getting my SuperFi 5 Pro's re-shelled by these guys. I'm curious though, I hear a lot about re-shelling the TF10 but not much about the SuperFi 5 getting re-shelled. Is that something they can do? Is it worth it? Also, how good are they about custom colors? I want nice honey colored tinted acrylic shells, can they do that? 

They can do the SuperFi 5 Pro's also. They can reshell any iem that uses balanced armatures, and the SF5 do. The reason the TF10 reshell is so popular is because the fit is horrendous for many people, like myself, and a reshell fixes that. And it's worth all comes down to how much you like your iems. If you can see yourself using them for a few more years down the line, then go for it. If you think you'll switch within the year, then I'd not do it. You can contact Kozee and ask them directly as to if they have the ability to color shells that specific color. I really do not know what colors they can and cannot do.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #222 of 852
Hi guys!

Has someone form Europe ordered the Universall Reshelling? How long the entire process took?

i've chosen the International Express shipping,so i think they provide a tracking number don't they?

Will Adam send the ear impression kit also using this shipping option? He e-mails you when he ships the impressions and/or the custom?

Thanks in advance guys!

Greetings from Portugal!

Anyone?

How much time takes Adam to answer the e-mails? I've sent an e-mail at 19 April and sitll nothing.
Thanks!

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #223 of 852

Haha Jamison a lot of people will tell you not to reshell the SF5's because they're not worth it, but I prefer the sound of the SF5 since it's more fun. I had mine reshelled before they broke, and the reshell makes IEMs heavenly to wear for 6+ hours. The SF5's hurt, we all know it, a lot of universal IEM other than Ety's do.

Plus a little bird told me you got yours to sound REAL good lately right? Lets make them keepers!

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #224 of 852

Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys!

Thanks in advance guys!

Greetings from Portugal!

Anyone?

How much time takes Adam to answer the e-mails? I've sent an e-mail at 19 April and sitll nothing.
Thanks!

Mr. Palmquist seems to reply to emails every Monday.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #225 of 852
I used to get responses in a day or two to emails, but now it takes about a week.  And come to think about it, he has't responded except the last two Mondays; I believe he is swamped with business, and with good reason.  I had no idea he was ready with is detachable cable with a silicone shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back