Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Apr 26, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #241 of 852
Credit card should be fine. Like some of the other smaller custom IEM places, I don't think they like to charge the card until they actually get to your customs. I don't know if that would mean that they do the charge first and then do the build, or do the build and then charge before they ship. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #243 of 852

Quote:
Hi guys!

Has anyone received an e-mail from Mr. Adam? It's been more than a week since his last reply...

I made my order on April 19 and no money was charged from my bank account. Is that normal?

Thanks guys

Nope.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #244 of 852

Quote:
Hi guys!

Has anyone received an e-mail from Mr. Adam? It's been more than a week since his last reply...

I made my order on April 19 and no money was charged from my bank account. Is that normal?

Thanks guys

Adam replied to an e-mail I sent him on monday; although it was just asking for an update on my molds. They just finished them today and are in the mail. hopefully it makes it to me this weekend :)

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #245 of 852
Lol, got a reply myself as well.  Hi Adam?!  
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #246 of 852
If it's $15 to have Adam ship the impression kit for international buyers, I almost wonder whether it's worth it to just go get impressions done and then ship them to him.  I really liked the idea of saving money on the impressions, but it's not as great a value when you think of the cost of shipping the impression kit to the user. 

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #248 of 852
Does anyone know if Kozee or other custom IEM molders (ie Fischer) will accept professionally made molds, ie from an Audiologist? I am currently waiting for my kit so I will go with the DIY route but I was just curious. It's just $25-30 (last I checked) from a local audiologist. Is there anything special I need to tell them to keep in mind? I know this is a broad question but given my complete lack of knowledge in the custom IEM / hearing aid industry, I don't know if some special technique or style is needed when getting impressions, for use with IEM's.

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #249 of 852

Quote:
Does anyone know if Kozee or other custom IEM molders (ie Fischer) will accept professionally made molds, ie from an Audiologist? I am currently waiting for my kit so I will go with the DIY route but I was just curious. It's just $25-30 (last I checked) from a local audiologist. Is there anything special I need to tell them to keep in mind? I know this is a broad question but given my complete lack of knowledge in the custom IEM / hearing aid industry, I don't know if some special technique or style is needed when getting impressions, for use with IEM's.

They will accept those molds, although there are some specifications to be met, like how far the mold goes and what type of compound is used. I would e-mail them for more information.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #250 of 852

Quote:

I got mine done from a professional audiologist and shipped them to him. I'd contact him before I did it though. I used a 1-inch bite block and told her to go past the 2nd bend in my ear. That's really all the instruction they'll need. Oh, any make sure they use silicone and not some powdery mix stuff.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #251 of 852

Quote:
I got mine done from a professional audiologist and shipped them to him. I'd contact him before I did it though. I used a 1-inch bite block and told her to go past the 2nd bend in my ear. That's really all the instruction they'll need. Oh, any make sure they use silicone and not some powdery mix stuff.

Did you mean the audiologist shipped to him directly or you had them done then you shipped? Ok 2nd bend - that's good stuff. I never would have known to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back