Koss Portapro Thread
Jul 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #347 of 1,313
Got my second pair after I had the other RMA'd - straight plug version having jack problems, go figure. Maybe because my worn-in pair didn't clamp as hard, but I find them putting pressure along the top of my ears, pushing them onto my glasses. Heat wave ain't helping the situation  so I gotta pull 'em off every now and then.

Oh, I was being helped out by an employee at the store the other day when he asked about the portapros around my neck and if they were any good. I told him to give them a try, spun a track, and he was very impressed. He asked for their name, price, and where they could be bought locally. Not everyday as a customer do you end up helping out an employee :V

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #348 of 1,313
Quote:
Got my second pair after I had the other RMA'd - straight plug version having jack problems, go figure. Maybe because my worn-in pair didn't clamp as hard, but I find them putting pressure along the top of my ears, pushing them onto my glasses. Heat wave ain't helping the situation  so I gotta pull 'em off every now and then.

I found that a bit with the portapro headband as well. I got the parts-express headband, and I much prefer that headband. Nice light pressure on the ears but still stays on well, and much more comfortable to hang around my neck. I ended up keeping the KSC75 drivers with the parts-express headband, but it was a close race.

Quote:
Oh, I was being helped out by an employee at the store the other day when he asked about the portapros around my neck and if they were any good. I told him to give them a try, spun a track, and he was very impressed. He asked for their name, price, and where they could be bought locally. Not everyday as a customer do you end up helping out an employee :V

That is cool! Yesterday I was at a pub eating lunch and enjoying Foster The People with my KSC75's. The waitress asked what I was listening too, and since she hadn't heard of them, she threw on my headphones for a quick listen and said "Wow, they sound great, and those headphones are amazing!". Not everyday as a customer do you get to impress a waitress with your $20 Koss headphones :)

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #349 of 1,313
@WAYNENUMM: Something about these phones that attract curious folk.

Dig the KSC75's, too. So much that I bought two :V  I've made 'em my jogging/handheld gaming phones - the Kid Icarus: Uprising tracks sound fan-fricking-tastic and do the music more justice than the 3DS speakers.

I like the whole wrap around ear thing in general, so I'm thinking of nabbing the clips and using those with the Portapros for a while.

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #350 of 1,313
Quote:
@WAYNENUMM: Something about these phones that attract curious folk.

Dig the KSC75's, too. So much that I bought two :V  I've made 'em my jogging/handheld gaming phones - the Kid Icarus: Uprising tracks sound fan-fricking-tastic and do the music more justice than the 3DS speakers.

I like the whole wrap around ear thing in general, so I'm thinking of nabbing the clips and using those with the Portapros for a while.

Cool! When I was trying out both the Portapros and the KSC75's, I had the Portapro drivers on the ksc75 earclips, and I liked the sound better on the earclips than on the headband. They sounded awesome - very enveloping sound (wider soundstage?), and the bass didn't seem to be as overbearing. It was a tough thing to do, but I returned the portapros knowing that I could get them again for a much cheaper than I had paid for them. So now, my poor ksc75 earclips are just sitting there naked, waiting for some portapro joy...

Jul 23, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #353 of 1,313
shouldnt be much of a problem fitting them into either the portapros or the ksc75. i'd post my pics, but the foamies i have on them are already ratted out and starting to fray (had them on these things for a couple of years already). trust me, it will fit.

Jul 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #354 of 1,313
regarding any dirt getting into the drivers, not really much of a problem, unless one has severe OCD, i guess. i've used them outdoors on extremely diverse conditions (dusty/wet/humid) and haven't had much of a problem.

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #355 of 1,313
Hmm, I've owned a pair for just a couple months now, but bought em the same time I picked up a Grado SR-80i.  I think tonight very well may be the first night I've sat down and thoroughly put them through their paces.  I have to admit, these are remarkably comfortable, to the point where I've been forgetting they're on and accidentally adjusted my speaker volume.  I do love the ease of portability these have, and I must say for the cost to quality, I don't have anything that beats it currently.  All I can say is wow.

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #356 of 1,313
Quote:
Hmm, I've owned a pair for just a couple months now, but bought em the same time I picked up a Grado SR-80i.  I think tonight very well may be the first night I've sat down and thoroughly put them through their paces.  I have to admit, these are remarkably comfortable, to the point where I've been forgetting they're on and accidentally adjusted my speaker volume.  I do love the ease of portability these have, and I must say for the cost to quality, I don't have anything that beats it currently.  All I can say is wow.

Pretty much my thoughts when I saw my friend's one. These headphones are really pretty amazing for the price.

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #357 of 1,313
Found that I had an old pair of headphones (Philips SHN5500) with pleather pads approximately the same size as the portapros, so I decided I'd give them a shot. Pretty damn thick, and I think the way the pads recess from the inside sorta creates the bass lens effect jgray91 outlined in his post. Sounds a lot messier than with just the stock pads, so I don't recommend it.

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #360 of 1,313
BloodyPenguin, what earpads are those? They look quite comfortable.
Quote:
Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun has something coming out of its head

Domo-Kun wearing Koss "GradoPros"

(Ooops, Domo-Kun is wearing them backwards!)

Found this Domo-Kun bag super cheap on eBay.  Perfect size for my PortaPros!  Ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back