Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Nov 15, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #1,006 of 1,439
Thanks for the quick review, Zerousen.

About your regular KSC75, did you mod the MMCX connector yourself? If so, would you be willing to make one for me :)

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #1,007 of 1,439
Thanks for the quick review, Zerousen.

About your regular KSC75, did you mod the MMCX connector yourself? If so, would you be willing to make one for me :)
I did, it was a bit of a small project of mine since the only other person I could find who was willing charged me for a ridiculous amount. PM me and we can talk about it.

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #1,008 of 1,439
I got my KSC75X today and they sound superb!

But when i play something with more bass impact in reasonable volumes the whole thing distorts really bad and makes a chirping sound when vocals are mixed with bass.. is this a known flaw or are mine bad?

(Test it with Ariana Grande - God is woman)
Especially bad in this song.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #1,009 of 1,439
I got my KSC75X today and they sound superb!

But when i play something with more bass impact in reasonable volumes the whole thing distorts really bad and makes a chirping sound when vocals are mixed with bass.. is this a known flaw or are mine bad?

(Test it with Ariana Grande - God is woman)
Especially bad in this song.

Thanks guys!

Yes, I have several pairs and they all have trouble with loud or impactful bass. Currently listening to Pink Floyd Echoes KSC75 with partsexpress headband. magical. :smile_phones:

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,011 of 1,439
Came in here to show some love for the KSC75. Done the Kramer mod to the grill on mine, owned them since January 2018. After spending several years in 'mid-fi hell', I'm kicking myself for not trying them out sooner. They best 90% of the headphones I've heard.

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,012 of 1,439
:D

O3MVIn1.jpg

mJmo9Ul.jpg

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,013 of 1,439
Came in here to show some love for the KSC75. Done the Kramer mod to the grill on mine, owned them since January 2018. After spending several years in 'mid-fi hell', I'm kicking myself for not trying them out sooner. They best 90% of the headphones I've heard.

Excellent! And if you love a bit more bass, try the sportapro drivers (or portapro/ksc35 drivers - same thing) with the kramer mod, and on the parts express headband. That's probably my most used pair of headphone due various factors (including great sound).

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,014 of 1,439
Excellent! And if you love a bit more bass, try the sportapro drivers (or portapro/ksc35 drivers - same thing) with the kramer mod, and on the parts express headband. That's probably my most used pair of headphone due various factors (including great sound).

I got the parts express headband, but still prefer the ear clips, they're extremely well-engineered and never cause discomfort, even after several hours.

The bass is just about perfect, there is maybe a small amount of distortion, but its actually super enjoyable. The grill has four 5/32'' holes around the edges to increase bass output, and the bass is very dynamic and forward. One surprise is the bass reaches
down to around 60hz, adds a nice bit of reverb to the sound. These 75's can go extremely loud with zero glare or sibilance, Koss did a great job engineering the driver.

The stock foam pads are pretty nice as well, no desire to try the PX200 pads as some on this thread have said they mud the sound up.

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #1,015 of 1,439
I got the parts express headband, but still prefer the ear clips, they're extremely well-engineered and never cause discomfort, even after several hours.

The bass is just about perfect, there is maybe a small amount of distortion, but its actually super enjoyable. The grill has four 5/32'' holes around the edges to increase bass output, and the bass is very dynamic and forward. One surprise is the bass reaches
down to around 60hz, adds a nice bit of reverb to the sound. These 75's can go extremely loud with zero glare or sibilance, Koss did a great job engineering the driver.

The stock foam pads are pretty nice as well, no desire to try the PX200 pads as some on this thread have said they mud the sound up.

You are set then! Welcome to the Giant Killer club :)

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #1,016 of 1,439

I am listening to KSC35 on Parts Express headband right now w/ VE Odyssey on my laptop and I am so impressed by this simple, inexpensive setup. I have no desire right now to seek any other on-ear/over-ear headphones...though I suppose after hearing any of the Koss PortaPro/KSC75/KSC35 I kinda just stopped there on my head-fi journey :smile_phones:

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #1,018 of 1,439
Anyone have a link to the original parts express headband?

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #1,019 of 1,439
Dec 20, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,020 of 1,439
20181219_144500.jpg

Love my pair (Massdrop version). Attempted to add some mmcx connector though not as clean as the ones I see here. I also modded a Sony ex750bt bluetooth headphone with male mmcx connector. Together they make the perfect headphones for when I go on a ride on my bicycle. I'm still able to hear my surroundings and music.

20181219_163142.jpg

Ksc75 are much more comfortable. Sound wise... Let's just say the i4 is not about 150x better :beyersmile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back