Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #1,426 of 1,437
Bumping my earlier question: after all these years are they still the giant killers? There is so much china-fi. I find it hard to believe (but I think I do) that these $20 sound like or better than a good $200 pair of Sennheisers. Point is I have both HD598 and HD439 and lots of China earphones and earbuds. I really want to believe they're better than my HD598, even if all I want is more a forward like, voice centred sound (Senns are too laid back). I don't even 'need' more details, just better vocals. Also they're about $38 here without any mods. If an EQ'ed HD598 could sound the same I might as well skip - i ve used it for years and still didn't break
Well I've recently gotten the 599. And I have to listen to them with the oratory1990 eq. I love them, but I think the ksc75's are better. There's more clarity and less bass bleed into the mids than the 599.

I'm no expert, so take that at you will. But I think the ksc75 is hard to beat at $20

Jan 21, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,427 of 1,437
This has been a few fantastic days since I've gotten these monsters. They really are fantastic. I'm very aware of new toy effect, that's why I think its fun to keep a few earphones/headphones, once in a time try something new old. These Koss really live up to the hype, regardless of the price they're great. Only thing I would've wanted else is I get fatigue really fast. No matter what music I feed them, they just do it with both precision and fun. From Dire Straits to Mozart. Vocals and instruments can "breathe". Wish I found them sooner - I've been a member here for more than ten years and I read about them in the very beginning... Thinking they were stupid. Well better later than never, hope they'll keep making them for ever.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #1,433 of 1,437
Now I have a spare, second hand set and for hygiene reasons I want to buy new pads. On aliexpress 5 or so replacement pads are about $2 and I think I could find some fake yaxi and Sennheiser pads also. I'm quite satisfied with stock pads but I read so many good things about other brands, if I buy other pads they might only very lessen the highs and nothing else really. Should I go try others or better go for the stock ones?

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #1,434 of 1,437
Now I have a spare, second hand set and for hygiene reasons I want to buy new pads. On aliexpress 5 or so replacement pads are about $2 and I think I could find some fake yaxi and Sennheiser pads also. I'm quite satisfied with stock pads but I read so many good things about other brands, if I buy other pads they might only very lessen the highs and nothing else really. Should I go try others or better go for the stock ones?
I really like the yaxi pads on them.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #1,435 of 1,437
My mojo is to keep them less bulky so I keep the stock pads on them. Realistically, this foam is nothing special so any would work. I just prefer the shape of the original ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back