Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Mar 15, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #961 of 1,437
I've tried out nine variations which can't all be called ksc75's. These are:
Standard Ksc ..with Kramer mod ... with grill mod.
Rewired with silver plated upgrade cable Standard...with Kramer mod...with grill mod.
Porta Pro drivers with Ksc earclips standard...with Kramer mod....with grill mod.
Definite two favourites are the rewired standard Ksc, and the Porta Pro drivers with the Kramer mod.
They both sound different, the rewired Ksc more open, the Porta pros darker.
I suspect rewired Porta pro drivers with the Kramer mod could be the ultimate winner.

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #962 of 1,437
IMG_2909.JPG

For the last couple years I had been using KSC75 on Parts Express headband but with time became bothered by the brighter treble. Today I finally decided to the try my KSC35 drivers on the headband, and as others have mentioned about the PortaPro, SportaPro, KSC35 drivers on this headband, it is awesome. Comfort is better than the PortaPro headband, which I couldn't jive with, and the smoother sound is just great. And regarding tape to stop the headband from sliding, it's been working for me for the last couple years ^^^ see above - used electrical tape to securely wrap the headband into place to keep it from sliding. It helps keep the headband a bit more rigid too.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #963 of 1,437

For the last couple years I had been using KSC75 on Parts Express headband but with time became bothered by the brighter treble. Today I finally decided to the try my KSC35 drivers on the headband, and as others have mentioned about the PortaPro, SportaPro, KSC35 drivers on this headband, it is awesome. Comfort is better than the PortaPro headband, which I couldn't jive with, and the smoother sound is just great. And regarding tape to stop the headband from sliding, it's been working for me for the last couple years ^^^ see above - used electrical tape to securely wrap the headband into place to keep it from sliding. It helps keep the headband a bit more rigid too.

Awesome! Yeah, I use that combo every day. Consider doing the kramer mod on them. I can't recall exactly what the effect is, but I recall really liking it! :)

20180316_082258_resized.jpg

p.s. the 7:15 mark of this video shows how to do that:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #964 of 1,437
Awesome! Yeah, I use that combo every day. Consider doing the kramer mod on them. I can't recall exactly what the effect is, but I recall really liking it! :)

p.s. the 7:15 mark of this video shows how to do that:

Wow nice, clean job on the mod :thumbsup:I forsee that being the next step in modding these. I am still blown away by how good these Koss drivers sound - I love the way my music sounds through them and as such, I haven't really found anything higher end that I prefer (which is good financially lol).

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #965 of 1,437
Wow nice, clean job on the mod :thumbsup:I forsee that being the next step in modding these. I am still blown away by how good these Koss drivers sound - I love the way my music sounds through them and as such, I haven't really found anything higher end that I prefer (which is good financially lol).

I love how my music sounds with them too.

I had the more expensive things before the Koss. Won't be getting more headphones....but probably can't part with any either... Feeling guilty about money spent.

Just out of curiosity, I have always wondered why I occasionally go to look at someone's profile and it says that member limits who can see it. Yours is like that. Just curious why. You can have a look at mine if you want:)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #966 of 1,437
I love how my music sounds with them too.

I had the more expensive things before the Koss. Won't be getting more headphones....but probably can't part with any either... Feeling guilty about money spent.

Just out of curiosity, I have always wondered why I occasionally go to look at someone's profile and it says that member limits who can see it. Yours is like that. Just curious why. You can have a look at mine if you want:)

I think I am at a place where I just like where I'm at sonically with what I have - for now at least - KSC35 for home and Sony MH1C for portable. I just love these two headphones.

And I had no idea my profile couldn't be seen?? Like my gear inventory? Maybe with the change to the new forum last year some settings got changed. I just clicked a box that should make it available :)

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #967 of 1,437
I think I am at a place where I just like where I'm at sonically with what I have - for now at least - KSC35 for home and Sony MH1C for portable. I just love these two headphones.

And I had no idea my profile couldn't be seen?? Like my gear inventory? Maybe with the change to the new forum last year some settings got changed. I just clicked a box that should make it available :)

Finally! I've been trying daily to read your inventory list for over a year now!!! :wink:

I envy your inventory list - you have managed to be satisfied with some very good yet very inexpensive items, and have not succumbed to the addiction. You are an inspriation! :)

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #968 of 1,437
I almost look at his list in envy and think why did I buy so much....

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #969 of 1,437
I almost look at his list in envy and think why did I buy so much....

Yup. Every time I put on my ksc75/sportapro's and my original Monk earbuds, I wonder the same thing. Thankfully my headphone addiction is cured (I really like what I have), and IEM's just don't work well for me, so they're not an issue. I do still have a problem with earbuds, but the budget earbuds are so good nowadays that I am not breaking the bank with them (yet.. although some more expensive ones are calling out to me...).

Mar 17, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #970 of 1,437
I'm done with head phones too. I have hd800s, meze 99s, ultrasone signature dj, fostex purple hearts, grado 325e and customised grado with turbulent x drivers. Also of course my koss portapros and ksc75 on parts express headband. Out of all those its the latter I use the most. In matter of fact work everyday.
Earbuds though.... I'm always buying more of those. Just waiting for my Zen lites to arrive with runabout amp

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #971 of 1,437
Finally! I've been trying daily to read your inventory list for over a year now!!! :wink:

I envy your inventory list - you have managed to be satisfied with some very good yet very inexpensive items, and have not succumbed to the addiction. You are an inspriation! :)

Haha I think spending way too much on other past hobbies has made me tread lightly nowadays...although having attended RMAF a few years in the past helped me weed out a lot of potential future purchases. In 2016 I got to try a bunch of gear, but my favorite sound out of the show was at the Koss booth - they had a PortaPro connected to a Pono playing Dark Side of the Moon and it was just lovely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mar 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #972 of 1,437
I just noticed that my Parts Xpress headband is missing one of those small beads at the end of the left side.

Must have came loose and lost it awhile back. Anyone got any ideas for a cheap hack fix?

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #975 of 1,437
Has anyone compared these with the MEE Matrix 2? I'm looking for something to use at home that has some isolation.

No isolation... they are open. I like it if I am waiting for a delivery... then I won't miss it, plus no one can sneak up on me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back