Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Mar 10, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #931 of 1,437
Thanks... at this point I am more worried about my fingers! Stiff and sore from trying. I was not sure just how to grab or where to apply the pressure. I may as well just wait until tomorrow night and ask my husband to help. Men like to do that right? LOL

I don't hate the clips. I just hate having to tuck all my hair behind my ear. I did hear a good tip on youtube. Probably everyone else knew this but it is best to take glasses off first, put on the clips then put the glasses back on. Doing it that way made it a little easier. I was just eager to try the headband once it arrived I do wonder if they will slide more on my head with that. I do like how secure they are with the clips.

Someday some genius will create a little gizmo that actually allows one to clip the phones on to the glasses so that whole issue for wearers of spectacles goes away.

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #932 of 1,437
When putting them on, try rotating them forward by 90 degrees so the end of the clip is at the top/front of your ear, then turning them back behind your ear in the opposite direction.

And yes, I wear mine with glasses, best to put the clips on first.

Mar 10, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #933 of 1,437
Someday some genius will create a little gizmo that actually allows one to clip the phones on to the glasses so that whole issue for wearers of spectacles goes away.

What a great idea!

When putting them on, try rotating them forward by 90 degrees so the end of the clip is at the top/front of your ear, then turning them back behind your ear in the opposite direction..

Yes That is the only way I can do it....but that is where having long hair can interfere.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #934 of 1,437
I just got a pair of these in from Amazon. These are truly remarkable. I have dozens of earbuds and IEM’s and these are quite literally all I want to listen to. In fact, they make me regret some of my more expensively purchases and I’m completely reconsidering what price to performance ratio is. They’re outstanding. They sound like butter - perfect tonal balance. And they’re feather light. Z was bang on with this review. And I’ve just ordered the Porta Pro. I think my biggest regret is ignoring Koss for most of my life thus far. Stupid me, but I guess I’m in for a treat going forward.

Mar 10, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #935 of 1,437
I just got a pair of these in from Amazon. These are truly remarkable. I have dozens of earbuds and IEM’s and these are quite literally all I want to listen to. In fact, they make me regret some of my more expensively purchases and I’m completely reconsidering what price to performance ratio is. They’re outstanding. They sound like butter - perfect tonal balance. And they’re feather light. Z was bang on with this review. And I’ve just ordered the Porta Pro. I think my biggest regret is ignoring Koss for most of my life thus far. Stupid me, but I guess I’m in for a treat going forward.

I agree with all of this and I have some expensive headphones. Even some of my buds and iems are more expensive than this KSC75. Perfect tonal balance... yes

As for going forward...

I have the full size Koss Pro4s and I like the KSC75 more. Not quite sure what it is about the sound so I can't write an official comparison... I never can. I was once supposed to compare the Pro4s to the Meze 99 Neo but I never knew what to write. Only that the Meze was more comfortable for me because the Pro4s has more clamp. Also it has creaky hinges which annoy me. They do sound good but these KSC75 sound better to me. Cheap build quality though. I hope they last. Is this something I need to have a backup for?

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #938 of 1,437
You could buy a spare, however Koss products also come with a "lifetime" warranty.
UK distribution for Koss is done through ...

Hama (UK) Ltd.
Email: koss@hama.co.uk

I contacted them a while back and they said they no longer supported that lifetime warranty. Might be worth checking.

C.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #939 of 1,437
Koss KSC75 are so inexpensive that it make sense to have a backup, if only for its susceptibility. While you might have to send one back for warranty service, you can keep on rocking with the spare.

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #940 of 1,437
I agree with all of this and I have some expensive headphones. Even some of my buds and iems are more expensive than this KSC75. Perfect tonal balance... yes

As for going forward...

I have the full size Koss Pro4s and I like the KSC75 more. Not quite sure what it is about the sound so I can't write an official comparison... I never can. I was once supposed to compare the Pro4s to the Meze 99 Neo but I never knew what to write. Only that the Meze was more comfortable for me because the Pro4s has more clamp. Also it has creaky hinges which annoy me. They do sound good but these KSC75 sound better to me. Cheap build quality though. I hope they last. Is this something I need to have a backup for?

The backup you need are the portapro/sportapro/ksc35! (all the same drivers)

Seriously, you should grab hubby's portapro's, yank off the drivers and try them on the PE headband. You might seriously dig it. It all comes down to preferences, but I love the combo. And if it's your cup of tea, then you can probably snag some sportapros off of amazon for not much more than you spent on the ksc75's.

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #941 of 1,437
The backup you need are the portapro/sportapro/ksc35! (all the same drivers)

Seriously, you should grab hubby's portapro's, yank off the drivers and try them on the PE headband. You might seriously dig it. It all comes down to preferences, but I love the combo. And if it's your cup of tea, then you can probably snag some sportapros off of amazon for not much more than you spent on the ksc75's.

Having a little trouble with the headband. The adjustment sliders are not very secure. They slide down easily without being touched... not when on my head but makes it hard to put them at the right adjustment and just pop them on.

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #942 of 1,437
I just get them to the right position and secure them with a bit of tape.

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #944 of 1,437
It is for mine.

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #945 of 1,437

Users who are viewing this thread

Back