Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Mar 24, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #811 of 1,437
And for trying to save money....This is not the best site 
wink_face.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #814 of 1,437
Using my newly acquired FiiO X1, I compared my KSC75's with a set of the JVC flats (HA-S160) last night....and, to my surprise,  I preferred the JVC.  Better treble was the main thing I noticed and liked.  

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS160B-Lightweight-Headband-Headphones/dp/B004JRYLG4

I'll do some more comparing this weekend, using diffferent styles of music.

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #815 of 1,437
  Using my newly acquired FiiO X1, I compared my KSC75's with a set of the JVC flats (HA-S160) last night....and, to my surprise,  I preferred the JVC.  Better treble was the main thing I noticed and liked.  

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS160B-Lightweight-Headband-Headphones/dp/B004JRYLG4

I'll do some more comparing this weekend, using diffferent styles of music.

I'm very impressed with my Flats. I prefer the KSC75 overall (slightly better balance and bigger soundstage) but at about a third of the price in the UK (£7) the Flats are great value. Good build quality, too, and they look lovely in red!

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #816 of 1,437
I don't understand why you're so condescending. 

These earphones' pads use poor material and don't last, which is fine to me since they're cheap. I don't want to throw good money after bad so I'm not going to bother with replacement pads. I'll move on to a different pair of earphones that work better for me.

I hope you're willing to accept people value things differently and not everyone thinks as you do. 
So what if the pads cost a few bucks.What the 75s can do make it worth it in the long run!

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #819 of 1,437
I've done that. Didn't like it very much. Very strange. They won't isolate until the backs are closed. What I did like lot was how they sounded while wearing them under a hood, which made them semi open, I guess.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #822 of 1,437
For any Canadians out there, these are on sale for $17 at london drugs.

https://www.londondrugs.com/koss-sport-clip-earbuds---silver---ksc75/L5449236.html?cgid=ele-portableaudio-headphones-onear

Thanks for letting everyone know, that price is heavenly... I just paid $26 on Amazon, twice. Thanks for saving others money! You rock!

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #824 of 1,437
I don't understand why you're so condescending. 

These earphones' pads use poor material and don't last, which is fine to me since they're cheap. I don't want to throw good money after bad so I'm not going to bother with replacement pads. I'll move on to a different pair of earphones that work better for me.

I hope you're willing to accept people value things differently and not everyone thinks as you do. 

Its not that they are made from poor material but breaking down over time is a characteristic of the material that is an industry standard for this type of headphone. Anything else will be more expensive and change the sound quality. I would however like to see some semi-isolating pads that are more durable. I tried some fake leather ones and the mids became to prominent and the highs just got lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back