Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Mar 28, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #841 of 1,439
They're the ones I have. Well made with good materials. Lots of other colours too. They really do look and perform as though in a much higher price range.

Edit: I just did a quick comparison. The main difference is that the soundstage on the KSC75 is bigger in all dimensions. That makes it worth the extra to me.
the flats imo don't even come close to how well the 75's sound!

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #844 of 1,439

I think the KSC75's leak a fair amount of sound, especially if you're listening to rock, as i am right now.

A good alternative is the JVC HAS160B. It's very inexpensive, has very good sound for the price, is small and closed.
https://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS160B-Lightweight-Headband-Headphones/dp/B004JRYLG4

I think I actually might prefer the sound of the JVC's to the Koss. Will do another comparison tonight when I get home.

I have the JVCs as well, they are an amazing budget phone. However, the KSC75 have a more magical sound while the JVC is above-average average. Lol.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #847 of 1,439

They're the ones I have. Well made with good materials. Lots of other colours too. They really do look and perform as though in a much higher price range.

Edit: I just did a quick comparison. The main difference is that the soundstage on the KSC75 is bigger in all dimensions. That makes it worth the extra to me.

the flats imo don't even come close to how well the 75's sound!

I disagree but I'm not going to get into an argument about it, there are too many variables to take into account! But overall I prefer the 75.

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #849 of 1,439
I can buy the Portapro for $40 or the Sportapro with KSC35 drivers for $40 plus buy a PE headband for headband mod for $10, making it $50.

What should I do? Thanks.

My favorite look and sound is the sportapro '35 on the parts express headband. Not necessarily worth $50 when the ksc75 is so cheap, though. You can find slightly used ksc75's for like $8 and there is an identical to the parts express headband on eBay for $4-5 shipped.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #850 of 1,439
My favorite look and sound is the sportapro '35 on the parts express headband. Not necessarily worth $50 when the ksc75 is so cheap, though. You can find slightly used ksc75's for like $8 and there is an identical to the parts express headband on eBay for $4-5 shipped.

I bought my KSC75's for $27 online and the PE headband from a Headfi seller in the UK for $10, so that's $37 plus tax it cost me. I know you're saying, it's not worth $50 but I think you're wrong. :wink: 

I've already bought the Portapro headphones with the KSC35 drivers for $40, they are waiting for me at a store, I think I'll try them out and compare them to the 75's and see what I prefer, without ordering the Sportapro's online for $40.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #852 of 1,439
Lol. I just returned my Portapros, they suck! What the heck did they do to the sound signature? The KSC75s flow like a hot knife cutting through butter. They are a sound tidal wave! They sound so natural.

I think the Porta Pro is sorta lo-fi too, but I still use it as my video headphone since it's so comfortable and I'm not picky with sound quality for videos.

My preference of Koss headphones I have owned is something like:

ESP950 > KTXPRO1 > KSC75 > UR40 > Porta Pro > UR55

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #853 of 1,439
Lol. I just returned my Portapros, they suck! What the heck did they do to the sound signature? The KSC75s flow like a hot knife cutting through butter. They are a sound tidal wave! They sound so natural.

Did you try the portapros on the PE headband?

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #854 of 1,439

I think the Porta Pro is sorta lo-fi too, but I still use it as my video headphone since it's so comfortable and I'm not picky with sound quality for videos.

My preference of Koss headphones I have owned is something like:

ESP950 > KTXPRO1 > KSC75 > UR40 > Porta Pro > UR55

Damn, KTXPRO1 is better? It was just on sale in my city for $20. Oh well. I was thinking of buying it. I'll check it out next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back