Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Apr 3, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #871 of 1,437

350x700px-LL-3a66a513_Feb2014-DriverLineupPic3.jpeg

Thanks. So It appears to be the KSC75 guts in the porta/sporta housing.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #872 of 1,437
  Thanks. So It appears to be the KSC75 guts in the porta/sporta housing.

Sorta, but the housing is slightly different, with a different color too.

The KTXPRO1 enclosure on the frame (look up photos) dramatically changes the sound. It's like a pressurized chamber that builds up the sound and shoots it back at you. haha. (Whereas the KSC75 and Porta Pro float in the air more.) This is most noticeable when there's strong impact in the recording, like feeling drums hitting against your head.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #873 of 1,437
Apr 3, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #874 of 1,437

The KTXPRO1 enclosure on the frame (look up photos) dramatically changes the sound. It's like a pressurized chamber that builds up the sound and shoots it back at you. haha. (Whereas the KSC75 and Porta Pro float in the air more.) This is most noticeable when there's strong impact in the recording, like feeling drums hitting against your head.

It seems a very clever way for Koss to use the encapsulated driver scenario that Barton does on the NAD hp50

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #875 of 1,437
Apr 3, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #876 of 1,437
Apr 3, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #877 of 1,437

So just to be clear, in case you still didn't get what I said...I never said anything about the KSC75 in that quote. What I said was that I swapped the drivers of the KTXPRO1 and Porta Pro, and the KTXPRO1 frame sounded better than the Porta Pro frame with both drivers, with the KTXPRO1 drivers on the KTXPRO1 frame sounding the best. I have never swapped the drivers out of the KSC75, and I clearly stated that I like the KSC75 more than the Porta Pro in a previous post.

Thanks for the clarification, you rock. I will check out those KTXPRO1's you like in the future. :)

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #878 of 1,437

The KTXPRO1 enclosure on the frame (look up photos) dramatically changes the sound. It's like a pressurized chamber that builds up the sound and shoots it back at you. This is most noticeable when there's strong impact in the recording, like feeling drums hitting against your head.

KTXPRO1 User: No wonder I keep getting an ear concussion.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #880 of 1,437
Apr 4, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #881 of 1,437
That's my favorite setup.^

You're saying you prefer 35s on clips than a sporta pro band?

The clips drive me nuts b/c i can't seem to get it to press equally on both sides.

Gonna have to get a porta/sporta . The ur40 is ok. I think has the ksc75 diaphragm with ksc35 flat back. Titanium coated.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #882 of 1,437
I find the stock 35 clips too tight and find they work better and are more comfortable with the softer and bendable 75 hooks and their warmer sound tolerate a looser fit, while the tighter fit headband benefit the brighter ti coated 75 more by warming up and extending the bass. Another words looser 35 and tighter 75 balances both out.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #883 of 1,437
I find the stock 35 clips too tight and find they work better and are more comfortable with the softer and bendable 75 hooks and their warmer sound tolerate a looser fit, while the tighter fit headband benefit the brighter ti coated 75 more by warming up and extending the bass. Another words looser 35 and tighter 75 balances both out.

Cheers.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #884 of 1,437
Let us know what you think of them - around Christmas time, perhaps?
wink.gif

I'm feeling on the ball, so I'll provide my thoughts ahead of time :)

And here they are: Ahhhhhh! Planetary alignment!

Since my last solo parts express headband broke, I haven't been able to listen to either of the sportapro or ksc75 drivers. I really missed that because quite often I need to be able to hear what's going on around me so that I can pretend to be somewhat social-able (when not really being social able lol). So now with the two PE headbands, I have a choice of either pair for my social/anti-social music listening purposes!
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #885 of 1,437

I'm feeling on the ball, so I'll provide my thoughts ahead of time :)

And here they are: Ahhhhhh! Planetary alignment!

Since my last solo parts express headband broke, I haven't been able to listen to either of the sportapro or ksc75 drivers. I really missed that because quite often I need to be able to hear what's going on around me so that I can pretend to be somewhat social-able (when not really being social able lol). So now with the two PE headbands, I have a choice of either pair for my social/anti-social music listening purposes!
beerchug.gif

Looks pretty sweet there them two drivers. I was going to get the headbands but got a sporta pro for 99c! on ebay + shipping but it was local so just a few bucks! Talk about great sound on the cheap. But finalllllllllllllllllllllllllly I can enjoy the ksc75s, and the 35s as the sporta headband works for me. I enjoy the sparkly nature of the 75s, and was kinda surprised by the warm bassiness of the 35s. Much KOSS love
devil_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back