Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Mar 23, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #798 of 1,439
I'm sure these can rival headphones and iems costing close to a thousand dollars!

It's too bad I spent $200.00 on earbuds now (15 pairs?), since I'm not a collector. :frowning2: These KSC75's are like my big ear buds. I'll keep buying IEM's though, a different beast altogether.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #799 of 1,439
I'm sure these can rival headphones and iems costing close to a thousand dollars!

They're very good... But comparable to $1k products? I wish.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #800 of 1,439
They're very good... But comparable to $1k products? I wish.

I think he's wrong as well. I'm currently listening to a pair of AWEI ES-Q5's IEM's and they sound fantastic. I only paid $3.50 U.S. 

I sometimes wonder if expensive products are just there to boost a rich person's ego while emptying their bank account.

Do I really need a $100.00+ U.S. pair of headphones? I really doubt it.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #801 of 1,439
  I think he's wrong as well. I'm currently listening to a pair of AWEI ES-Q5's IEM's and they sound fantastic. I only paid $3.50 U.S. 

I sometimes wonder if expensive products are just there to boost a rich person's ego while emptying their bank account.

Do I really need a $100.00+ U.S. pair of headphones? I really doubt it.

Thanks for the tip on those IEM's!
http://www.geekypinas.com/2015/01/the-woody-awei-es-q5-review-awei-gets.html

I don't know about headphones, as I've never spent $1k on a a pair, but in photography, an expensive lens absolutely gives you better performance than a cheap lens. 

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #802 of 1,439

Thanks for the tip on those IEM's!
http://www.geekypinas.com/2015/01/the-woody-awei-es-q5-review-awei-gets.html

I don't know about headphones, as I've never spent $1k on a a pair, but in photography, an expensive lens absolutely gives you better performance than a cheap lens. 

I was just about to post, that I don't recommend that anyone buy the ES-Q5's. They are good, but there is a sharpness I personally don't like. You can find better value out of Rock Mula IEM's. I'm still awaiting my Zircon's.

You're right, the better quality equipment in photography will give you a better result. However, I'll "never" spend more than $50.00 on a pair of headphones and I'll be happy with the result even though I know there is much better out there.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #803 of 1,439
So, I retrieved my old pair of KSC75s from my drawer. To my surprise, the ear pads have completely disintegrated. All that's left is just... dust.

I originally bought these in 2009. I guess I'm not too upset about it since they only cost $16 back then. There's no point in trying to replace the pads. But still, I wish the pads don't just fall apart like that. :/

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #804 of 1,439
  So, I retrieved my old pair of KSC75s from my drawer. To my surprise, the ear pads have completely disintegrated. All that's left is just... dust.

I originally bought these in 2009. I guess I'm not too upset about it since they only cost $16 back then. There's no point in trying to replace the pads. But still, I wish the pads don't just fall apart like that. :/

I don't understand, why not replace the pads? They are cheaply available.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #805 of 1,439
Well, it's just I'm rather turned off by the pad quality. Apparently these pads turn into dust after a few years and it's been reported elsewhere too. It seems pointless to keep on throwing $7-8 bucks into replacement pads if they just turn into dust.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #806 of 1,439
I can't believe this is a serious post.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #807 of 1,439
It's perfectly serious. 

The ear pads turn into dust after a few years. I just don't think spending half of what these earphones cost to get replacement pads are worth it when the pads are $7-8 and the earphones are $16. I just did some research, apparently ear pad disintegration is normal for these earphones. So, this is just a data point for people interested in these so they know what to expect. 

Edit: I took out my Koss PortaPros and interestingly, the ear pads on those also disintegrated. I'm guessing the PortaPros ear pads use the same material as the KSC75s.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #808 of 1,439
My last words on this:

Replacement pads can be bought for about $2 if money is that much of an issue.
How much would other comparable phones cost as a replacement?

No more from me.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #809 of 1,439
I don't understand why you're so condescending. 

These earphones' pads use poor material and don't last, which is fine to me since they're cheap. I don't want to throw good money after bad so I'm not going to bother with replacement pads. I'll move on to a different pair of earphones that work better for me.

I hope you're willing to accept people value things differently and not everyone thinks as you do. 

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #810 of 1,439
  I don't understand why you're so condescending. 

These earphones' pads use poor material and don't last, which is fine to me since they're cheap. I don't want to throw good money after bad so I'm not going to bother with replacement pads. I'll move on to a different pair of earphones that work better for me.

I hope you're willing to accept people value things differently and not everyone thinks as you do. 

Don't mistake perplexity for condescension  Throwing out a pair of phones over the pads is a little like scrapping your car when the tyres wear..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back