Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jan 31, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #766 of 1,439
Didn't someone put leather(ette) pads on one of them? I can't find it now.

They did, I've ordered some cheap ones to give them a try:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281570926000

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #767 of 1,439
Parts Express Headband Mod Update
Re. http://giantpygmy.net/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

Parts Express are really beginning to annoy me. They've got rid of their budget wholesale shipping option which means when combined with the (not so) Great British Pound devaluation, the cost of importing these things has gotten a little silly.

Sob story! I know.

We're going to keep supplying these things pretty much at cost (and as some kind of meaningless two fingered gesture to something out there -- plus people visit our little shop as it slowly grows) -- however, we can't be selling them at a loss. So initial price increase of 50p (to £3.45) coming soon. I don't want to sell this 9g bit of plastic and metal for much more than that, so if Parts Express carry on with this nonsense we may need to stop doing them altogether. 

This is just a "heads up" to all those Koss modders (?) not in the US.

Perhaps Trump will make Parts Express great again.
wink_face.gif
  Who knows?

Cheers,

C.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #768 of 1,439

Parts Express are really beginning to annoy me. They've got rid of their budget wholesale shipping option which means when combined with the (not so) Great British Pound devaluation, the cost of importing these things has gotten a little silly.

Sob story! I know.

We're going to keep supplying these things pretty much at cost (and as some kind of meaningless two fingered gesture to something out there -- plus people visit our little shop as it slowly grows) -- however, we can't be selling them at a loss. So initial price increase of 50p (to £3.45) coming soon. I don't want to sell this 9g bit of plastic and metal for much more than that, so if Parts Express carry on with this nonsense we may need to stop doing them altogether. 

This is just a "heads up" to all those Koss modders (?) not in the US.

Perhaps Trump will make Parts Express great again.
wink_face.gif
  Who knows?

Cheers,

C.

Once again. Any old Koss headphone has the same fixment system. Look in thrift shops and you can usually find them for a buck

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #769 of 1,439

Once again. Any old Koss headphone has the same fixment system. Look in thrift shops and you can usually find them for a buck

Not in the UK which is where carpman is aiming his service.
I'd be happy to pay the extra if I need another one.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #770 of 1,439

Not in the UK which is where carpman is aiming his service.
I'd be happy to pay the extra if I need another one.

Indeed. In fact about two thirds of orders are from all over the EU (which surprised me). I guess European "thrift stores" / charity shops aren't brimming with Koss spares (not that the Parts Express headband is the same thing anyway).

C.

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #771 of 1,439
I couldn't resist any longer. Just ordered the Parts Express headphones from Amazon. They cost $6.25, but I'll get them with free 2-day Prime shipping.

I am excited to hear my KSC75's with the headband mod...and also, I didn't realize the KSC75's had a 60 ohm rating, so I am looking forward to hearing them while using my CMOY amp and uDAC2.

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #772 of 1,439
There is an eBay seller that was mentioned earlier in this thread. They are in California. They have the same headband(headphones) for about $5 shipped conus. No need to overpay for "shipping".

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #773 of 1,439
ok, just got the Parts Express headband, and popped on the KSC75s and WOW!!  Absolutely loving these headphones. Couldn't be more lightweight, and I like how the sound has changed. More bass, which I prefer.

I never liked the ear clips, so i didn't use my KSC75's much. Now I will be using them a lot, and will be ordering another pair and another headband.

The sound from out of my Sansa Clip+ definitely improves when I use the CMoy amp. Much more volume, and it seems like more clarity.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #774 of 1,439
  ok, just got the Parts Express headband, and popped on the KSC75s and WOW!!  Absolutely loving these headphones. Couldn't be more lightweight, and I like how the sound has changed. More bass, which I prefer.

I never liked the ear clips, so i didn't use my KSC75's much. Now I will be using them a lot, and will be ordering another pair and another headband.

They certainly make a difference and are very light. However, I didn't like the extra bass so have gone back to clips which I find comfortable anyway.
And I too have bought another pair of 75s, I don't want to risk being without them! :)

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #775 of 1,439

They certainly make a difference and are very light. However, I didn't like the extra bass so have gone back to clips which I find comfortable anyway.
And I too have bought another pair of 75s, I don't want to risk being without them! :)

Keeping my eyes open for a sale on them. lol

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #776 of 1,439

The sound from out of my Sansa Clip+ definitely improves when I use the CMoy amp. Much more volume, and it seems like more clarity.

These things never cease to impress me. I had been enjoying my newly acquired Remax RM-S1 the last couple weeks and just now listened to a couple tracks on my trusty KSC75 PE headband and they still wow me. I just love them.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #777 of 1,439
  ok, just got the Parts Express headband, and popped on the KSC75s and WOW!!

It looks like that Parts Express headband has a $15 US shipping fee to Canada and isn't deliverable on Amazon. That's quite expensive. If I buy the headband and the KSC75's, it'd be around $50, the Koss Portapro is around $65.00 - Which is a better deal?

Parts Express Headphones/Headband - $23.00
KSC75 Clip Headphones (from Amazon) - $26.50 = $50.00 Canadian

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #778 of 1,439
It looks like that Parts Express headband has a $15 US shipping fee to Canada and isn't deliverable on Amazon. That's quite expensive. If I buy the headband and the KSC75's, it'd be around $50, the Koss Portapro is around $65.00 - Which is a better deal?

I think at that point it comes down to your preference in sound. KSC75 has more sparkly treble whereas PortaPro seems to be a bit bassier with rolled off highs.

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #779 of 1,439
I think at that point it comes down to your preference in sound. KSC75 has more sparkly treble whereas PortaPro seems to be a bit bassier with rolled off highs.

I'm allergic to treble, maybe I'll buy them locally and see if my ears don't sneeze, if everything works out, I'll keep them.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #780 of 1,439

You can order the Parts Express headband from here, the store is run by a head-fi member
http://giantpygmy.net/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

It does have a Canada currency option and should only cost you CAD8.56

Users who are viewing this thread

Back