Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jan 22, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #751 of 1,439
I just finished using my KSC75 with the headband from PE. These are still one of the better headphones I use, especially at the price. I switch between these and my PortaPro headphones all the time. I just wished Koss made a decent IEMs.

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #752 of 1,439
  VE Monks have been getting most of my play time lately, but I've been giving my KSC75's a go again and man they just sound so pristine. I always felt like I wanted a bit more weight regarding bass, but these things are sounding pretty awesome to me right now.

Could you go a little elaborate on this comparison? I got a monk+ and it has become my daily driver for a few months. But I'm also considering giving a spin to KSC75 while being unsure of how do they compare with each other. If its not anything significant then chances are I'll pass on KSC75 and save up for something different.

I know neither one of them are capable of giving a solid bass and both of them feature an airy sound signature. I'm curious to dig more.

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #753 of 1,439
The KSC75 probably has better bass than you think. It doesn't intrude on the rest of the music but Bass 305 and Techmaster P.E.B. will let you know it's there.. They are also very forgiving in a way that nothing sounds terrible on them. The soundstage is incredible. Comfort is also great. You can wear them for hoirs and almost forget they are there. For the price, you can't lose.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #754 of 1,439
The KSC75 probably has better bass than you think. It doesn't intrude on the rest of the music but Bass 305 and Techmaster P.E.B. will let you know it's there.. They are also very forgiving in a way that nothing sounds terrible on them. The soundstage is incredible. Comfort is also great. You can wear them for hoirs and almost forget they are there. For the price, you can't lose.

I agree with all this. I would put the KSC75 above the Monk+ (and my other earbuds). The sound is so much more spacious and full.

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #755 of 1,439
Could you go a little elaborate on this comparison? I got a monk+ and it has become my daily driver for a few months. But I'm also considering giving a spin to KSC75 while being unsure of how do they compare with each other. If its not anything significant then chances are I'll pass on KSC75 and save up for something different.

I know neither one of them are capable of giving a solid bass and both of them feature an airy sound signature. I'm curious to dig more.

I originally posted that comment last April I think- prior to Monk Plus launching. I had purchased the original Monk in 2015 and later the Monk Plus searching for a portable option that shared the characteristics and sound of the KSC75. I absolutely love the Monk/Plus and it is my travel companion, though KSC75 is still top dog. I was able to introduce the weight in the low end that I felt was lacking in certain recordings with a bit of EQ and it pretty much has been perfect to my ears since then.

As @aeromojito mentioned, nothing sounds bad on them. There is no deep sub bass rumble, but the push in the mid bass area is enough to *feel* and know it's there. Soundstage is wider, there is more ''air". And the thing I noticed most is how natural everything sounds- it is effortless and nothing sounds wrong or forced. Treble performance truly shines on these- sparkly but natural. Definitely get a pair of these.

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #756 of 1,439
As @aeromojito mentioned, nothing sounds bad on them. There is no deep sub bass rumble, but the push in the mid bass area is enough to *feel* and know it's there. Soundstage is wider, there is more ''air". And the thing I noticed most is how natural everything sounds- it is effortless and nothing sounds wrong or forced. Treble performance truly shines on these- sparkly but natural. Definitely get a pair of these.

Again, I agree with this. Mainly, the sense of space with a proper 3D soundstage is what sets them apart from all my earbuds and IEMs.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #757 of 1,439

Just out of curiosuty, what other headphones are you considering?

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #758 of 1,439
Just out of curiosuty, what other headphones are you considering?

Nothing in particular really at sub $50 range. As I stated earlier, monk+ has become my daily driver to play with at home and I was merely wondering if there are other option in $20 range with which I might get a little to major improvement over monk+.

I also got a JVC HAS160 that I really adore. If I get KSC75, it'd mainly replace the monk+ as in my understanding, sound trait of HAS160 and KSC75 are quite different to compare in general.

Your curiosity is likely arose with me saying "save up for something different". As for that, I got my eyes on some super cheapo hybrid tube amps lately(bravo ocean, nob sound, little bear etc) but can't get adequate time to do some research on them. If they seem as worth a shot for their price, I could get one of this to drive my other full sized cans with the money I'm saving now.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #759 of 1,439
Just ordered another KSC75 - I can't risk losing or breaking these and then being without!
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #761 of 1,439
I think at some time someone should chime in here and mention that the porta sporta ksc is not the be all and end all of headphones. I own them all and love them dearly but would never ever put them up against high level phones. (Fostex T, anything Yamaha HP whatever or JVC just about anything)

I do not mean to diss the Koss in any way shape or form, I have or currently do have anything from the dismal Plug to the ESP 950 and seriously believe they have a technological advantage they have not fully exploited ( the 950 should have been the end of hifiman ages ago)

Put them where they are and enough of you users can support the issue. Miles head of the ATM50's. at least on par with the Senni's px series. The question now becomes, with an ecstatic user base as evidenced by this forum, why have we not indulged in a direct dialogue with Koss?

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #762 of 1,439
  I think at some time someone should chime in here and mention that the porta sporta ksc is not the be all and end all of headphones. I own them all and love them dearly but would never ever put them up against high level phones. (Fostex T, anything Yamaha HP whatever or JVC just about anything)

I think most people are comparing them with other budget phones, not high-level ones. Certainly I am.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #763 of 1,439

I think most people are comparing them with other budget phones, not high-level ones. Certainly I am.

You did not pick the moniker from the abbot and constello film did ya???

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #764 of 1,439

Users who are viewing this thread

Back