Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Apr 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #722 of 1,439
I have to agree that the untangling can be a real headache. I wrap the cord around my hand and rubber band it for storage. I also keep them in a Crown Royal pouch. That has mostly ended the tangles. I still wish Koss would make these in a Bluetooth version. I use mine with a Nokia BH-214 on neck strap (for eye glasses) so I can take phone calls or quickly pause the music when someone talks to me. I don't have to take them off to hear. Actually, a cord with mic and android controls would be nice too.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #723 of 1,439
I did the headband mod because the clips would bother my ears after some time, plus the headband is also easier for me to wear my glasses with.

BTW:

I also keep them in a Crown Royal pouch. 

SO DO I!!  Ha!  

--

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #724 of 1,439
The clips add up to 30 seconds of untangling fun. That can be longer than th elevator ride that I would be untangling them on. Clips don't work for me while running. The headband does.

Lol! Also when someone interrupts, its so much easier to momentarily take off and put back on the headband.

BTW:
SO DO I!!  Ha!  

Headfi alchoholics unite!

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #725 of 1,439
Yes I agree but that's what a cable winder is used for though. Maybe you haven't squeezed the clips together enough. To ensure the metal clips bend in the most, you need to take the clips off. I'm also wearing glassesss and they don't get in the way at all.

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #727 of 1,439
I left my ksc75s in the drawer for a long time until last night. I was reminded how unbelievable the sound is for 15 bucks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I'll have to dig mine out as well. I recently got a ZuperDAC which sounds amazing, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the mighty ksc75's sound off of it.

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #728 of 1,439

Yeah, I'll have to dig mine out as well. I recently got a ZuperDAC which sounds amazing, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the mighty ksc75's sound off of it.

No Sorbothane on those 75's yet?
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #729 of 1,439
I just compared my ksd75 with my modded hd25-13 and besides the latter having deeper and more emphasized bass and more forwards mids, it's about 80% there. In fact they sound more open albeit sounding harsher at loud volumes. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #730 of 1,439
VE Monks have been getting most of my play time lately, but I've been giving my KSC75's a go again and man they just sound so pristine. I always felt like I wanted a bit more weight regarding bass, but these things are sounding pretty awesome to me right now.

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #731 of 1,439
Did anyone do recabling of those and can talk about results? I've heard original cable, bar jack connector that is fine until broken, is of quite good quality already. Should I even care about it when getting new pair?

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #732 of 1,439
Could anyone tell me which headphone is for which ear? I know that stock cable is longer on one side and shorter on another, measuring from place where cable splits. But which side is which - is it longer on left or right side?

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #733 of 1,439
I use a recording that I'm familiar with. But, the clips only go on one ear or the other. If you've put them on a parts express headband and you forgot which is which. Just use some music. Make sure it's not a mono recording. Play it with another pair of headphones or speakers then play it with your ksc75's. Make sure the instruments that are on the right with your other headphones or speakers are also on the right with the ksc75's.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #734 of 1,439
  Could anyone tell me which headphone is for which ear? I know that stock cable is longer on one side and shorter on another, measuring from place where cable splits. But which side is which - is it longer on left or right side?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ODm-F9-IM

^^just use that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back