KOSS KDE-250 Owners club - The privileged few...
Jun 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #61 of 78
I am looking at the Massdrop listing for these. It is a great price, even if it is a love it or hate it headphones.

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #62 of 78
Shame Massdrop couldn't get them to upgrade the looks and redo the "arms" for a Massdrop version. Koss has to know they could improve on the fit and give a bit better price point and they could sell more. Really thought we would have seen a MKII version of these by now with such improvements. Guess they are more into doing LE Portapros and tweaking the Plug/Sparkplug more :frowning2:

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #63 of 78
I think it would be worth having the cable exit at the top with some memory wire, which would hold them up from the top instead of pulling them down by the cables.

Feb 16, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #64 of 78
For those that may still be having issues with fit... I found an interesting solution.

I used these flange earbud tips, with a little trial and error they now fit PERFECT with almost an actual seal.

They fit so well now, I can almost go for a jog with them, though... not going to test that...

The ones I used here are from the VE Monk EX Pack of Accessories.

201902162.jpg

20190216.jpg

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #65 of 78
Wow! Very interesting solution... Question for you: the KDEs come with a custom leather case and a form fit foam cutout holder/ cable winder - how do these ear hooks interact with the foam? Can you still use the foam with these? Did you need to modify them to fit in the case?

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #66 of 78
Wow! Very interesting solution... Question for you: the KDEs come with a custom leather case and a form fit foam cutout holder/ cable winder - how do these ear hooks interact with the foam? Can you still use the foam with these? Did you need to modify them to fit in the case?

You can just take the foam thing out of the case. My mod won't fit in it... plus see me my next post for additionally why.

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #67 of 78
FINAL Modding: I call it the Koss KDE250 "Penguin Mod".

One Rubber Flange, One Stock Metal Hanger and a Foam Cover Tip! Perfection!

There is almost a seal now, which gives these some surprising bass.

20190217-093101.jpg

Feb 22, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #69 of 78
Seems somehow appropriate my first post should be a somewhat odd question about a somewhat odd set of head-/earphones... >-> Question up front, explanation afterwards for them as feel like reading it...

What is the diameter of the "in-ear" bit (with the speaker holes)?

I find myself oddly fascinated by these headphones and had a kinda' sorta' similar form factor pair of Sonys in the past when I was trying to find something more portable that wasn't an earbud (hadn't run into IEMs yet at the time) which makes me think these would work for me but given how much of a difference a few mm makes in, say, IEM ear tips... Been feeling kinda' restless listening to my Bose earbuds (normal earbuds don't work for me but these do and sound reasonably good to boot), think my brain has gotten too calibrated to my Sennheiser 558s. Tried (and am still trying) a few highly rated cheap Chi-fi IEMs and while they sound awesome and I've no regrets about getting them I'm still not entirely sold on the form factor and I *despise* how on-ear headphones feel which rather limits my travel options outside of foldable over-ears which take up too much space (I use a pair of second-hand Bose QC30s for flights so can't wear 'em and I don't like closed for normal usage so can't replace them either). So if these would work for me... (Plus I tend to like funky designs.)

Edit - Holding off for now to give myself more time to see whether I have a tolerance limit for wearing IEMs, but I'm still very much interested in a physical measurement value. Tried guesstimating it off various reference points from videos/reviews and got values that varied by up to 5mm. If it were Amazon or Best Buy or the likes selling these for 60$ I'd be all over trying them, but 60$ for a curiosity gamble that might be superfluous and/or unsuitable is a bit much when I've already got non-ANC Bose earbuds as a comfortable-and-good-enough fallback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back