KOSS KDE-250 Owners club - The privileged few...
Dec 10, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #32 of 78
Hey, thanks everyone for their impressions, I just joined the club :) 

Seems like I'm lucky, cause they fit me pretty well. Right out-of-box they sound already great, but the highs are slightly harsh and shouty. Will let them play for a while and report back...

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #34 of 78
There you will find how to tune the fit. And the sound at the same time, of course. So you may probably tame those highs.

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #35 of 78
Thanks, I'm a natural, I figured it out without manual.
wink.gif
  Reading the manual just confirmed what I did to fit them. Highs are already smoothing out, slight initial harshness is common with DDs, so I wasn't really concerned.

Funny, first thing that came to mind was the Final Audio Design 1601, I'm sure there are some similarities in mids and spatial presentation. Except that the FAD's metal pots are less comfortable than these...

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #36 of 78
Nice to hear some else having a good time with these - I'm ordering a portable dual tube hybrid amp to try with them for christmal (C&C Tu for those wondering) as i think it would make them very soothing to listen to with the tube buffers activated - and then I'll be able to turn the tubes off for music where i need sharp precision and low frequencies :p
I'm really looking forward to see how it does - and with its 1000mw of power it should easily drive my full size cans too :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #38 of 78
I still have my pair... Excuse my enthusiasm from 2009. I seem to have spammed headfi I was so exited. I was looking for something better than anything at B-Buy, my former PortaPro, and wanted something EQable with lots of overhead. The KDE/250 fit the bill because even if I EQ the bass driver to distortion (Not that I would try something like that in my ear, but anyways,) the treble speaker is still working, and not 'thumping out' like other heaphones when the driver is fully occupied with bass.

I still like them a lot, and personally, it fits me more comfortable than the TripleFi 10, which I also own, and like better. I've listened to the DDM, and like it better as well in most respects. I prefer my KDE/250 to my Klipsch Image X10, and PortaPro, but when I listen to an Etymotic for about a week and come back, it sounds a bit too colored and muddy after the sterility.

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #39 of 78
I think these are very unique niche phones and love them with classical music. The lack of deep bass is no biggie with the genre and besides that they're very musical and highly dynamic. And they present one of the most coherent and realistic out-of-head soundstages I've heard. Overall one of my favorite phones for classical whenever isolation isn't needed.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #40 of 78
Any more impressions?

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #43 of 78
i love my pair, love the fact that i only paid 70 dollars for them to lol, describing the sound is wierd, it sounds like a really natural sounding and completely open pair of portapros with better detail retrieval and less bass, im not really picking up on any sibilance like alot of other members here are, but then again i do tend to eq the higher frequencies down and the bass and mid notes up, so that could be it, also im not listening to any classical or metal music on the go, usually just 90's rap or indie rock which tend to be on the darker side of music so that could explain it

as has been echoed all throughout this thread, finding the ideal fit is paramount, it honestly took me about 3 weeks before i could feel safe saying i found it, the wierd thing i found was that i have to use 2 different settings for each of my ears, my right ear i guess must have a slightly bigger ear canal or something, once its in its in for good, no adjustments needed and i can find the perfect seating position on my first try, my left ear on the other hand sometimes takes like 5 minutes before i find a good fit and even then its not as good as my right ear

i honestly tend to forget these things are on and listen to music for a few hours before i snap out of it and stop zoning out to portishead or whatever lol if you can find these for under 100 (which shouldnt be too hard i would definitely jump on these, really really good if you enjoy this type of signature)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back