KOSS ESP-950 Thread
Apr 2, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #2,779 of 4,052
Have you ever heard of signal to noise ratio?  This forum has a lot of useless posts (noise) instead of useful information (signal) that other members can benefit from.  This is a community, not a school lunchroom where Schiit talking happens.  

You've been making a lot of noise, dare I say brown noise.  You might consider adding to the discussion rather than adding "dicks" at the end of your posts.  

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #2,780 of 4,052
  Have you ever heard of signal to noise ratio?  This forum has a lot of useless posts (noise) instead of useful information (signal) that other members can benefit from.  This is a community, not a school lunchroom where Schiit talking happens.  

You've been making a lot of noise, dare I say brown noise.  You might consider adding to the discussion rather than adding "dicks" at the end of your posts.  

Check, there was plentiful signal early on, and along the way. Exasperation has taken over. Horse, water, whatever. Rock. Sheesh. Others have tried, and just ducked out. Time for me to do the same. 

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #2,781 of 4,052

I'm not sure you the above post is pointed at, but I gotta say that this thread has one of the highest signal to noise ratios I've seen on headfi. It's generally a please to come here and read stuff that is on topic. The utopia thread goes way off topic and into ad hominem way too much.

That all said, has anyone that purchased 950 pads from vesper had the dimensions of the pads changed? When I first commissioned the pads and gave them the measurements, we went back and forth a few times, and they send me pads that were useless. The second set were much better, and I believe they are the pattern that vesper sells now. Just curious if anyone has requested customization in the dimensions

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,782 of 4,052
I'm not sure you the above post is pointed at, but I gotta say that this thread has one of the highest signal to noise ratios I've seen on headfi. It's generally a please to come here and read stuff that is on topic. The utopia thread goes way off topic and into ad hominem way too much.

That all said, has anyone that purchased 950 pads from vesper had the dimensions of the pads changed? When I first commissioned the pads and gave them the measurements, we went back and forth a few times, and they send me pads that were useless. The second set were much better, and I believe they are the pattern that vesper sells now. Just curious if anyone has requested customization in the dimensions

I did, I asked for 3mm more in width as you recommended, and that's what I got 
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #2,783 of 4,052

I did, I asked for 3mm more in width as you recommended, and that's what I got :beerchug:  

Dang. Just knowing those are out there make we want to order a new set! I just can't justify it. So, you like what you got? The "walls" of the pads aren't too thin?

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #2,784 of 4,052
Dang. Just knowing those are out there make we want to order a new set! I just can't justify it. So, you like what you got? The "walls" of the pads aren't too thin?

Nope! It's great 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #2,786 of 4,052
snipz...

Not sure, but it seemed the basic sizing was set by the time I ordered mine. Started process 10 February, settled on red leather and black alcantara 'hybrid' 2 cm thick with 'fast' foam on 17 February. Zero question from me regarding other dimensions, you hadn't mentioned it as an issue in IM, and DF already was offering a standardized set through FA/store. Received 14 March. Only issue I have with them is one of the stitch lines is off true, but they still fit and work fine, AFAICT. I've got calipers, I'd be happy to check the dimensions on mine at a few points of reference. I'd love to hear what is same and what is different from yours. Sounds like you were Patient Zero on this. Thanks for being part of the clinical trials... 8-Þ

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #2,788 of 4,052
  I forgot to mention... I tried using the iFi iPower 9V power supply with the E90 amp and it doesn't even work. Without the polarity inverter attachment, it doesn't fit, and with it, it barely fits and doesn't push in all the way, so you can't power the amp with it.

Also, about the bass...just use EQ. You can boost the bass as much as you want.

This is not entirely true as ifi iPower 9V 2A works very well with the amp and 230v voltage (tried for quite a while now). The only thing thats needed in between is the round power converter that comes in its packaging, nothing to do with the polarity inverter at all.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #2,789 of 4,052
  This is not entirely true as ifi iPower 9V 2A works very well with the amp and 230v voltage (tried for quite a while now). The only thing thats needed in between is the round power converter that comes in its packaging, nothing to do with the polarity inverter at all.

Round power converter? I don't know what that is. Perhaps I didn't get everything that was originally included with the power supply. I sold it, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back