Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Sep 26, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #271 of 1,681
Just wanted to report that my Kogan player has dust stuck behind the screen. It's probably due to me staying at an Alpaca farm over the weekend for the start of the school holidays. Any tips on how I'd clean it out by open this thing up?

Id say if you carefully run one of those iPod / Apple opening tools around the edge it would come apart into two pieces giving access to the front housing.

You would be running the risk of damage. But of course what is assembled can be disassembled. 

If you do open it some photo's inside for the team would be welcome also.

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #272 of 1,681
I watched one of those encouraging YouTube videos then took an IPod classic apart. Needless to say I was not able to get it back together correctly.

I admire people that can do that kind of work. I'm all thumbs.:p

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #273 of 1,681

Id say if you carefully run one of those iPod / Apple opening tools around the edge it would come apart into two pieces giving access to the front housing.

You would be running the risk of damage. But of course what is assembled can be disassembled. 

If you do open it some photo's inside for the team would be welcome also.

OK I got something similar so will try it out tonight. Thanks  
triportsad.gif

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #275 of 1,681

All in for AUD 125...kick ass set up...edited with 8 GB micro sd card with Kogan player...crazy deal

You're right though, the DR150 + Kogan is one of those things that has abolustely no right to sound that good.

Keeping in mind DR150 are usually $124 AUD so that explains a little. Still, at $50 for DR150 + $29 for Kogan that's $79 lol

Just laugh mate, I lay down listening to that pairing and just laugh my head off how it sounds.  
wink_face.gif

I watched one of those encouraging YouTube videos then took an IPod classic apart. Needless to say I was not able to get it back together correctly.

I admire people that can do that kind of work. I'm all thumbs.
tongue.gif

Where is the scared emoticon?

I always become nervous when doing these DAP surgery, though following the utube vids usually get it right. 

I had to do emergency surgery on an iPod Classic at 3am the other night in my boxer shorts. Was mission successful.  

beerchug.gif

Kogan is so light and 'slightly flexible' it should open up quite easily.  Just be careful for any wires attached to the buttons on the front housing.

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #276 of 1,681

It pops out quite easily easily. Careful, the on button popped out as well

The front is held in by 4 tiny screws just in the bottom half

Wiped inside and the cover. All good except for the finger prints lol

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #277 of 1,681
Tomorrow when I'm on my PC I'm going to make a testimonial section on the first post and add some of the comments logged here by members. Be good for future readers and a laugh.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #279 of 1,681
Looks like flying to Melbourne is the only way for a US citizen to get one.

Seems like someone could contact the manufacture in China, just like Kogan and have some made and shipped.

We could call them the Head-Fi DAP. We could call them anything we want. The A&K music player? We could call them McIntosh and have blue software.

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #281 of 1,681
Nice pic Wokei

Ok, the first post has been updated with a testimonials section (some comments added already) and a new album section for pictures of your rigs / Kogan pairings.

Regarding the rig photo album in the first post.

I will post some amp / Kogan combinations but would like to keep it to just Kogan / IEM or headphone alone as the player does have a fair amount of power and I don't want new readers to become confused. so any new owners or current owners feel welcome to test your photo skills and give us something interesting for the album.

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #283 of 1,681
First page, I like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back